Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 3,310

Chris720

I have an unused Super Meat Boy activation code up for grabs. I don't need it as I already own it, first come first serve.
EDIT: And it's gone.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

DefHalan

Anyone doing the steam sale game?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

nacho_chicken

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Can a Macbook pro handle super meat boy and FEZ? I know this is noobie as heck but I know nothing of PC gaming lol.

Super Meat Boy Mac OSX Requirements wrote:

Processor: Intel based Macs only.
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics Card made within the last 4 years (Pixel Shader 3.0, Vertex Shader 3.0)
Hard Drive: 300 MB
Controller Support: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller or Direct Input compatible controller

FEZ Mac OSX Requirements wrote:

OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Lion strongly recommended, 32/64-bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz or equivalent
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0+ support (2.1 with ARB extensions acceptable)
Hard Drive: 1GB HD space
Notes: Intel Integrated Graphics (excluding HD series) WILL NOT WORK WITH FEZ.

Pretty sure a toaster can handle Super Meat Boy and FEZ.

I highly recommend holding off on those for now, though. Those are two of the most popular PC indie games ever, and as such, they tend to go in daily sales/flash sales quite often. You'll be able to get them for about half of what they are now. If they don't get put in an extra sale, just buy it on the last day possible.

PROTIP EDIT: Want to get some pretty good games for less than what you found on the street the other day? Try these:
BEEP
Defy Gravity
Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (bundled)

Four good relatively-unknown indie games for less than $1. TOTAL.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Jaz007

DefHalan wrote:

What does this mean? Do you mean the waiting game? If so, then yes. I've only tonight bought one game for full price on Steam, and now I'm waiting for the DLC to go on sale. (The game is Skyrim.)

Jaz007

unrandomsam

Jaz007 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What does this mean? Do you mean the waiting game? If so, then yes. I've only tonight bought one game for full price on Steam, and now I'm waiting for the DLC to go on sale. (The game is Skyrim.)

Don't think they will ever make it worth your while to get that as DLC. (The Legendary Edition will always be priced less than just the DLC's on their own).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Can a Macbook pro handle super meat boy and FEZ? I know this is noobie as heck but I know nothing of PC gaming lol.

Easily. Problem is whether it can handle it in Mac OS X or not. (And whether they have been updated to support controllers and how that works).

If you are going to get Super Meatboy get it from the Humble Bundle anyway. (That has loads of the best indie games and most ? (All ?) support Mac OS X).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

nacho_chicken

Jaz007 wrote:

What does this mean? Do you mean the waiting game?

There's a free cookie-clicker-esque game on Steam's front page. That's this sale's gimmick and it's how you get cards/badges for this sale.

P.S. @Retro_on_theGo ,
The games I listed don't run on Mac OSX. However, I can vouch that, at the very least, Cthulhu and Breath of Death work great even on old Windows PCs. Even if you can't run them at the moment, I'd still recommend getting them, though. It's not even $1, and if you have a spare computer running Windows, or plan on getting one in the future (definitely so if you want to get into PC gaming), you've got even more games to play...

Eventually.
Yeah; if you hate having a backlog of games you haven't even touched, getting into PC gaming might be a challenge. It was for me, at least until I had enough to feel like I had a digital collection (currently at around 90 games). Big Picture mode is great when you have letters pop up because it's been scrolling for too long.
However, I spent less on those 90 games than I spent on the 10 3DS/DS games I have on my shelf. It feels awesome when you're buying a game as acclaimed as Portal for $3.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Twitter:

Faruko

PC gaming is super cheap because of not only Steam sales, but the fact that the internet itself its a market there are dozens of sites to buy games each oke with their own sales or even prices, its not like consoles where its pretty much a monopoly.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Faruko

This War of Mine, get it, play it, cry, feel like a terrible terrible person and never play it again.

100% worth it. One of the best games of 2014.

DefHalan

Jaz007 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I mean the clicker game

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

6ch6ris6

so metal gear solid ground zeroes is on sale for 5€. not sure if i should get it. there still doesnt seem to be a release date for phantom pain for PC. if it will come howver there will sure be discounts again on ground zeroes...wait or get it now? my backlog is huge but i love mgs and that game could be a real benchmark for my pc.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

nacho_chicken

6ch6ris6 wrote:

so metal gear solid ground zeroes is on sale for 5€. not sure if i should get it. there still doesnt seem to be a release date for phantom pain for PC. if it will come howver there will sure be discounts again on ground zeroes...wait or get it now? my backlog is huge but i love mgs and that game could be a real benchmark for my pc.

It's on the daily sale. If you ever plan on getting it, get it now. I've never seen it go for less than $5.

Also, if you start gaming on PC, you will never complete your backlog. This is simply because you can actually buy all the games you want at bargain-bin price. The quicker you'll learn to accept that, the easier it'll be on yourself.

Twitter:

Faruko

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Just buy it, embrace PC gaming, buy games you will never install nor play, but we love it and we keep doing it because games are dirty cheap

(I doubt MGS would go lower)

CanisWolfred

Steam Purchases:

Elite: Dangerous
Homeworld: Remastered Collection
Ys VI
Valkyria Chronicles
King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match

Those were the big ones I wanted...but I also grabed a couple extra:

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Gods Will Be Watching
Always Sometimes Monsters
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition
Hands of Fate (+ Expansion)
100% Orange Juice
Endless Legends
Age of Mythologies EX
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

I regret nothing.

Also, I /might/ have more on the way if I can get to CVS tomorrow.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Faruko

Legend of Grimrock 2
Half Life: Opposing Force & Blue Shift
Castle Crashers
Lords of the Fallen
Strider
Falout New Vegas UE (lacked the DLC)
Dark Souls 2 DX11 Upgrade

about $55 everything

im pretty sure ill buy maybe 1 more game or something.

Edited on by Faruko

Faruko

End up buying FF13 also, i heard it wasnt that good but for $8, considering its worth it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.