Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 3,310

Slayer

CanisWolfred wrote:

@0Games - What do you like besides FPSes?

As for FPSes:

Metro 2033
Crysis
Quake II
Quake III: Arena + Team Arena (Make sure you go for the combo pack, it's cheaper than the individual games by $40!)
Quake 4 (but only if it's on sale. Right now it's $20, that's too much for a game that's older than my computer...)
Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition
Ultimate DOOM (or even the DOOM Complete pack, it's 4 games for $15)
Dead Space?
Star Wars: Battlefront II?

I'm probably forgetting some good ones, but eh...

Third person shooters, RPGs, I've even been considering Fallout 3 for Xbox 360.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

CanisWolfred

Fallout 3's a good choice. Might also want to keep Dishonored in mind, which is also published by Bethesda.

As for RPGs, I guess there's also Morrowind? I'm not familiar with enough with RPGs on Steam, nor am I sure how familiar you are with them. It's a very varied genre.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slayer

CanisWolfred wrote:

Fallout 3's a good choice. Might also want to keep Dishonored in mind, which is also published by Bethesda.

As for RPGs, I guess there's also Morrowind? I'm not familiar with enough with RPGs on Steam, nor am I sure how familiar you are with them. It's a very varied genre.

Skyrim's good enough for me so no Morrowind needed. I'll look at Dishonored, see what it is.
Eh, I don't know about Dishonored. Fallout 3 and World at War are my two competitors. Remember I have just 25, so I couldn't get Dishonored anyway.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

CanisWolfred

I meant to keep Dishonored in mind if you could get it on sale. If you like open world games like Skyrim and Fallout 3, it's a very good one to go with. I'd make Fallout 3 a priority, though, especially since you can get the GOTY edition for $20.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheeler

Duke Nukem 3D is just $3.99 until Friday, if anyone is interested.

Wheeler

SomeBitTripFan

I have a 10% Coupon for Toki Tori 2+ if anyone wants it or has something to trade for it. (I already own it.)

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Peach64

Humble Bundle 11 is quite possibly the best one they've ever done

https://www.humblebundle.com

Guacamelee
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
The Swapper

Beat the Average:

Antichamber
Monaco

Guacamelee, The Swapper and Antichamber were all amongst my favourite games last year.

Peach64

WesCash

That's a fantastic bundle. Guacamelee is indeed awesome.

And I can't recommend Monaco enough. It is one of the best co-op games I've ever played. If you have 4 people, it's an absolute blast.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Platypus

This is great. I've been planning on buying all these games except for the two I already own, Antichamber and Dust.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

ThePirateCaptain

I have two coupons for %75 off that I'd be willing to part with. One is for Shadow Warrior and the other is for Rise of the Triad, so let me know if you're interested.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

irken004

Lots of sales going on right now.

But more importantly, you all should buy the HAWKEN Prosk bundle tomorrow (also a double XP weekend) which grants you access to the game. $20 worth of mechs and a player icon for $10

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

But more importantly, you all should buy the HAWKEN Prosk bundle tomorrow (also a double XP weekend) which grants you access to the game. $20 worth of mechs and a player icon for $10

I'm totally gonna get hawken when it's no longer marked as Early Access. I just don't buy unfinished games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

CanisWolfred wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I'm totally gonna get hawken when it's no longer marked as Early Access. I just don't buy unfinished games.

It's technically an almost-finished beta by now (I think?), they only listed it as early access because it was recently added to steam, so they had to make a big player transition from its old game launcher.

Edited on by irken004

WesCash

I'm getting sick of seeing alpha and beta versions of games on Steam. I have no interest in an unfinished product.

I understand the reasons behind developers doing this, but I just don't like the idea of Steam becoming a platform for glorified bug-testing.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

irken004

WesCash wrote:

I'm getting sick of seeing alpha and beta versions of games on Steam. I have no interest in an unfinished product.

I understand the reasons behind developers doing this, but I just don't like the idea of Steam becoming a platform for glorified bug-testing.

It's pretty much the norm on modern consoles nowadays too, devs release a retail game and have to spend time on patches to fix bugs they didn't find (coughASSASSIN'S CREEDcough)

Magikarp3

WesCash wrote:

I actually like it. Being part of a beta means that you can cooperate in the game's development and play new areas as they're released. Also, the stuff that usually gets put on early access tends to be radically different from stuff that normally gets released, so the devs could use the extra income to push them over the line. That being said, it does suck thinking that the project you invested in could get cancelled at any moment, or turn out to be a disaster in the end.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.