Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 3,237

shingi_70

WesCash wrote:

I'm getting sick of seeing alpha and beta versions of games on Steam. I have no interest in an unfinished product.

I understand the reasons behind developers doing this, but I just don't like the idea of Steam becoming a platform for glorified bug-testing.

Get used to it, its the direction gaming most notably the PC market is going.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SomeBitTripFan

I have a 25% off coupon for Broken Age if anyone is interested. It expires on the 14th.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

CanisWolfred

unrandomsam wrote:

I would rather have alpha and beta versions on Steam than everything doing a kickstarter (Which means it copies something popular or it won't get funded).

Ultronus: A Take if Petty Revenge is on Steam now and it brilliant.

Most of the Alphas/Betas are kickstarter projects.

shingi_70 wrote:

WesCash wrote:

I'm getting sick of seeing alpha and beta versions of games on Steam. I have no interest in an unfinished product.

I understand the reasons behind developers doing this, but I just don't like the idea of Steam becoming a platform for glorified bug-testing.

Get used to it, its the direction gaming most notably the PC market is going.

It's still not a good idea, though, and I don't have to "get used to it". I'll just buy other games.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

UnknownNico

So, I just got back on my account, and when I checked my inventory, I found out that I had gotten not one, but TWO coupons for Pixel Piracy, which is strange. How did they get here? What are they doing in my inventory? I don't remember doing anything to get them. I never crafted any badges. So... Why?

On a side note, does anyone want to trade for them?

I'm really running out of ideas for my signature.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
I used to run on blast processing. Now I'm 64-bit.
Currently playing: ARK: Survival Evolved, Splatoon
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

UnknownNico

So, I just got back on my account, and when I checked my inventory, I found out that I had gotten not one, but TWO coupons for Pixel Piracy, which is strange. How did they get here? What are they doing in my inventory? I don't remember doing anything to get them. I never crafted any badges. So... Why?

On a side note, does anyone want to trade for them?

WesCash

@UnknownNico
I'm guessing you own Terraria, and the devs want to advertise the new game they are now publishing so they sent out coupons to everyone. Getting random coupons in your inventory seems to be a new thing, I've had it happen a couple of times. A clever way to market, I suppose. On an unrelated note, I just noticed your previous post - I didn't end up purchasing the deal on green man gaming. Figured I'd spare my wallet this time.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

UnknownNico

@Wescash Thanks for telling me what happened. But... TWO of them? Why? It just doesn't make any sense. One coupon, I can understand, but TWO?

I'm perfectly fine that you didn't purchase the deal. It's your money, after all.

WesCash

@UnknownNico
Maybe they want you to give one to a friend? No idea. Also, the game is already on sale and I'm pretty sure you can't combine a coupon with a sale price. That is pretty odd.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

ThePirateCaptain

I feel like I need to come out of hibernation to give you all a PSA. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is on sale for $4.99 and you should all buy it, you are welcome.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Magikarp3

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Humble Weekly Sale SEGA is up.

guysguysguys this is actually the best bundle ever yo

EDIT: Bundle is slightly less awesome due to the new redeeming feature. You need to either redeem all the games at once or gift them all at once. So I just wasted perfectly good copies of Medieval 2 and Company of Heroes :/

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

UnknownNico

Killing Floor is on sale. It's a fantastic game. Don't believe me? I'll give you a guest pass.

SomeBitTripFan

Remember Me $29.99 $9.99
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition $29.99 $7.49
Prince of Persia Games - 75% Off
Spore Complete Pack $59.97 $14.99
Serious Sam Complete Pack $94.99 $14.24
Saint's Row 2 $14.99 $2.99
Hotline Miami $9.99 $2.49
Command and Conquer Games - 66% Off
Worms Ultimate Mayhem $14.99 $5.09
MDK Combo (MDK 1 and MDK 2) $14.99 $7.49

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

UnknownNico

I know it's annoying that I keep posting on this thread, and I'm sorry, but I have something to ask: I have giftable copies of Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam 3: BFE with the Bonus Pack DLC, which includes the Brett Sanderson MP skin, a sniper scope for the Devastator, the Making of BFE video, the digital artbook, the hi-res posters, the hi-res box art, and the official soundtrack. I'm willing to give away Serious Sam 2 for free, and I'm willing to trade Serious Sam 3: BFE for another game. So, any takers?

Jaz007

Does anyone know any good sandbox space games? I'm intrested in the idea, I just have no idea what to start with.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Geonjaha

Jaz007 wrote:

Does anyone know any good sandbox space games? I'm intrested in the idea, I just have no idea what to start with.

None come to mind really, though I suppose Starbound qualifies a bit.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

edhe

Jaz007 wrote:

If you feel like braving a steep learning curve, I'd recommend games from the X series. I've personally played X2: The Threat (originally released in 2005) but have since bought the X3 trilogy, which brings the series to more mdern graphical standards.

Anyway, in these games, you're given a ship and a galaxy to explore, and it just leaves you to it. I've never gotten that far, but you can ultimately command giant capital ships and participate in space battles. You can also freight goods and passengers about and invest in industry.

Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous are two similar games set to come out in the future (whether they hit steam or not, I'm unsure), so if you dobdecide to give the X games a look, keep your eye out for those too - they've got unbelievable amounts of hype behind them.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Shadowflash

Jaz007 wrote:

Space Engineers is pretty good. Some people say it's like Minecraft in space.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Platypus

Kodeen wrote:

So various Lego games are for sale. Which of these is the best (I've only played LCU so far). Currently leaning towards Lord of the Rings.

Batman
Batman 2
Harry Potter
Harry Potter 2
Lord of the Rings
Marvel Super Heroes

(wow, alphabetical and increasing in title length)

NO! Lord of the rings is the worst!
The best one I've played is Batman 2, but Lego Marvel heroes sounds like it's very similar, but with Mavel. If that's the case get whichever franchise you like best. The first Lego Batman is really boring compared to any other LEgo game, I say skip. Can' t comment on Harry Potter since I haven't played

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.