Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 3,237

unrandomsam

Square Enix - Really doesn't want the Wii U Deus Ex Directors Cut to sell - £3.25 for the full game (Steam code) direct from their store £13 RRP was bad enough but 75% off that price is crazy.

I have bought Magical Drop V (Not buggy at least anymore).

Gifted my brother a copy of The Chaos Engine so theoretically we can play co-op.

If I didn't have most of it I certainly would have bought the Sonic Hits Collection for £9.99 (Just Generations and All Stars Racing Transformed are worth more than that to me each).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Platypus

I didn't get too much this time. I mostly spent my money on PS3 and Wii games.
I got Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and Rouge Legacy.

Also make sure to check out the Humble Weekly sale, they've got some great games this week.

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Magikarp3

Got Final Fantasy 7! It was totally not what I was expecting, in both good and bad ways

I'll refrain from buying too much since I already have quite a bit in the library, although the sale prices are surprisingly good this time 'round!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Wheeler

Think I'll pick up Batman: Arkham City GOTY next.

Wheeler

Nuuzen

Ended up getting Poker Night 1 and 2. Didn't have much change on me, but I'm happy.

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

Platypus

The Humble Jumbo Bundle is going on now, it's definitely one of the best bundle so far

ThePirateCaptain

If anyone is interested, I have a coupon for 20 percent off Velocity Ultra.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Wheeler

^Nice. Ah man, Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition is $14.99.

Wheeler

Wheeler

GTA Complete Pack looks really tempting now ($24.99), since my copies of GTA lll, San Andreas, and Vice City for the PS2 doesn't work anymore. And I miss playing them for awhile now.

Wheeler

Drobotic

During the winter sale,I have purchased:
-Sid Meier's Civilization V
-XCOM:Enemy Unknown
-Sleeping Dogs
-Paranautical Activity
-Legend of Dungeon
-Q.U.B.E.
-BioShock
-BioShock 2
-BioShock Infinite
I'm ready to buy some more after Christmas when I get some money.Either that or more Wii U games.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

edhe

Just for today? Because that's how long Steam will probably be down for.

Not that I'm complaining - I already have it, but I just recommended a friend snap it up.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Geonjaha

Swiket wrote:

Left 4 Dead 2 is free on Steam today!

Well I guess this explains why Steam is down.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Magikarp3

Swiket wrote:

It baffles me that it needs to be completely installed before the end of the day :/

I wonder if Valve considered the traffic load which millions of Steam users all downloading a 15GB game would give to their servers.

Also would anyone recommend KoF XIII? FFVIII? Rising Storm?

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Geonjaha

Jollykarp wrote:

Swiket wrote:

It baffles me that it needs to be completely installed before the end of the day :/

It doesn't actually. Just click the 'Install Game' button while logged in and it will say 'This game has been added to your account'. Installing it afterward is then optional.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CanisWolfred

Jollykarp wrote:

Swiket wrote:

I wonder if Valve considered the traffic load which millions of Steam users all downloading a 15GB game would give to their servers.

Also would anyone recommend KoF XIII? FFVIII? Rising Storm?

I've heard KOFXIII runs great on PC. I've read some negative reviews, but they're from pc elitists who don't normally play fighting games and demand that every game be made to appeal to western aesthetics and have tons of graphical options...otherwise they had nothing but good things to say.

I don't recommend Final Fantasy VIII in any form.

I have not played Rising Storm, but its been getting positive reviews for its realism.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kimba

Untitled

Now Playing: Bravely Default & MH3U
Other games: Rune Factory 4 & Pokemon Y (Safari: Spearow, Tranquil, and Fletchinder)

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9525-8134

Magikarp3

Bought Gone Home, Runner2 with soundtrack and 30 Flights of Loving.

The only reason I'm interested in FFVIII is because it's so darn divisive, and I tend to enjoy those titles for what they are. Plus I hear it's a coming of age story, which is nice. If I ever answer the question of whether I want to learn another fighting game, I'll then have to choose between KOF and Skullgirls on my PC, so perhaps I'll just lay off that genre for a while.

Platypus

My games I got for this sale are Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons, Antichamber, Dust: an Elysian Tail, and The Dream Machine. The only ones I've tried so far are the Dream Machine, which is a interesting stop motion point and click game, and Antichamber which I can't really describe except to say it's a puzzle game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.