Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 3,310

V8_Ninja

@edhe Yeah, the restrictions on the free version of GM Studio are simply asinine. However, I've heard that it's quite possible to import GM 8.1 projects (both from the Standard and Lite editions) into Studio, so I will be testing that out to see if there's a work-around.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

KingDunsparce

edhe wrote:

On second thoughts, don't download Game Maker unless you're willing to pay for certain features. The free version limits you to:
+5 rooms
+20 sprites
+10 sounds
+15 objects
+5 Backgrounds
+5 Timelines
+10 Scripts
+5 Fonts
+10 paths

The ability to to export for Android and iOS costs £116.99 each, HTML 5 plugin costs £53.99 and the Standard Edition (which allows you to create unlimited resources) costs £26.99 - not a bad price if all you want to do is release games on the steam workshop. The Professional Edition is needed if you plan on developing games commercially, as the HTML 5, iOS and Android plugins are only purchasable with the Professional Edition. The Professional Edition doesn't appear to add any other features beyond that, yet it costs slightly more at £53.99.

Still, I feel this could be a gateway for me into game design and coding, and I'd be willing to go for the Standard Edition at some point. But as it stands, the Free Version just isn't worth playing around with.

Hmm, I didn't know that was out. I've always loved Game Maker so Ill look into it

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

KingDunsparce

V8_Ninja wrote:

After some digging (AKA creating a forum topic on Steam and asking), GM 8.1 projects can be imported into GM Studio with no restri.... (See comment #5.)

Hmm, in that case, this really interests me Ill have to start getting back into Game Making

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson

_mikero_

Halloween sale is on now, for anyone interested!

_mikero_

WesCash

The Halloween sale started late this year, huh. I'm gonna pick up Amnesia, Lone Survivor, and maybe Dead Space or the Overlord Collection.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

KingDunsparce

I feel like an idiot. I finally decided to buy Half-Life and now I'm hearing about Black Mesa Source. :/ Is Black Mesa a remake of Half-Life or something entirely different?

irken004

Pikminsi wrote:

I feel like an idiot. I finally decided to buy Half-Life and now I'm hearing about Black Mesa Source. :/ Is Black Mesa a remake of Half-Life or something entirely different?

A remake of HL 1 using the newer Source engine.

KingDunsparce

irken004 wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

A remake of HL 1 using the newer Source engine.

Thanks, I'll just play through HL1 and HL2: 1 and 2 before playing Black Mesa. May as well play through it.

Gamesake

shinesprite wrote:

Just wondered if anyone has looked at the [url=http://www.humblebundle.com/]Humble Bundle 4 for Android

Thanks for the heads up. I keep missing Machinarium even though it's been on the bundle 4 times now.

...in my pants.

Reala

That's Sonic Adventure 2 finally available.

Reala

JohnDoe123

Steam Sale on now.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

SubBronze

I don't usually use Steam, or do PC gaming in general apart from Minecraft and a bit of TF2 (mostly because my PC isn't that good for games, i think the limit for it is just about running L4D2), but today I did get Terraria, The Binding Of Isaac and Cave Story+ for £5.76 overall, which I believe is a very good deal in the Steam Sale. Sure, almost every PC gamer has those games already, but I can't wait to try them out for the first time:)

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

V8_Ninja

Welcome to the cult, Bulby. Terraria is definitely a good game, well worth whatever price it happened to be listed at. Cave Story+ is also a good snatch, and if you're into what Binding of Isaac offers you will get many hours out of the game. I personally found Isaac only good for one playthrough, but I've heard of many who have spent hundreds of hours with the game, so there is a large enough amount of content to justify the price.

The Steam Autumn Sale is live! Sooo...yeah...umm..I guess you can buy some games if you want? Hmm...

...A-ha! How has everybody been using/enjoying/despising the Steam Workshop? While I have yet to upload anything other than some custom Portal 2 levels, I would like to add something more substantial to a game's workshop.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

WesCash

V8_Ninja wrote:

Welcome to the cult, Bulby. Terraria is definitely a good game, well worth whatever price it happened to be listed at. Cave Story+ is also a good snatch, and if you're into what Binding of Isaac offers you will get many hours out of the game. I personally found Isaac only good for one playthrough, but I've heard of many who have spent hundreds of hours with the game, so there is a large enough amount of content to justify the price.

I'm one of those people that has spent over 100 hours on Binding of Isaac. Awesome game if you know what you are getting into.

As far as the Autumn Sale goes, I bought Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic. I'm not a fan of RPGs, but since it's a highly acclaimed Star Wars game, I figure I should be able to enjoy it. Also, it's single player only so I can be as awful at the game as I want and no one will judge me.

WesCash

Platypus

Do you guys think the first Mass Effect is worth it if I've already played through Mass Effect 2?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

WesCash

PiribroH wrote:

I decided not to buy any more games from Steam this year. Then I bought Sonic Generations.

One does not simply stop buying Steam games.

WesCash

irken004

WesCash wrote:

PiribroH wrote:

I decided not to buy any more games from Steam this year. Then I bought Sonic Generations.

One does not simply stop buying Steam games.

The only way I've found to do so is to have your computer break. saved me money until I got a PS3

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.