Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 3,310

RevolverLink

Since I'm already trying to play a half dozen games at the same time and I'm also really bad at finishing my Steam games (I haven't even installed the Broken Sword trilogy I bought back during the holiday sale yet), I've set a budget of $20 for myself.

So, any thoughts on these six prospective purchases?

Analogue: A Hate Story
The Binding of Isaac
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Lone Survivor
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Wizorb

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

FOREST_RANGER

I have heard that Lone Survivor is a very good indie survival-horror game. It also comes packaged in an indie bundle on Steam, if you're interested.

@tbd (I thou art reading this) could someone create a Steam recommendations thread?

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

irken004

The time of wallet-donations to Gabe is upon us.

Thank goodness my laptop is broke

Stine

Probably gonna pick up Portal 2 soon. And I'm really tempted to get the TellTale Collection, since I own none of those games and I'm interested in all of them.

Platypus

I have to admit, I'm pretty overwhelmed by this sale.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Millenia

I have never been to Steam but I have heard of it. I looked at the site and this sale is fantastic so I'd be dumb to miss out, but I'm a little overwhelmed by the immense selection. What are some of the best or your favorites from Steam?

Millenia

Xkhaoz

Millenia wrote:

I have never been to Steam but I have heard of it. I looked at the site and this sale is fantastic so I'd be dumb to miss out, but I'm a little overwhelmed by the immense selection. What are some of the best or your favorites from Steam?

The Half-Life series is one of the best series ever made, and it usually goes on sale, so give that a try.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Platypus

Millenia wrote:

I would be careful which deals you buy though because some that are on sale until the 23rd will go on sale for cheaper during daily deals. So wait until the last day to buy those.

In terms of good selections obviously anything from Valve is great, but you would need to narrow it down a little because Steam's catalog of games is huge.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

JohnDoe123

@Millenia The Portal games are some of my favorite games ever, and they're on sale together right now for $6.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

RevolverLink

Millenia wrote:

FPS' aren't normally my thing, but Half-Life 2 and its Episodes are nothing short of fantastic (Portal is great too). Cthulhu Saves the World is a funny and affectionate parody of 8-/16-bit era turn-based RPGs. Time Gentleman, Please! + Ben There, Dan That! are even funnier riffs on point-and-click adventure games. Limbo and Braid are both clever and unique platformers. And Aquaria is an excellent underwater action-adventure game, with a good deal of Metroid in its DNA.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Matti

So far I've got two games from this sale, Serious Sam 3 (only 3.40 euros, since I had a coupon for it) and Mafia 2 (7.49 e). I will also definitely get Ys Origin but will wait if they reduce the price even more, it's now at 40 % discount.

Some random Finnish gamer

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2684-3636 | Nintendo Network ID: mrkuribo

Odnetnin

Millenia wrote:

Here's Oddy's Essential Buys List:

• BIT.TRIP BEAT
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Portal
  • Portal 2
  • VVVVVV
  • Cave Story+
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Puzzle Agent 2

That should be plenty to get you started, but if you ever need more recommendations don't hesitate to ask!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

_mikero_

I fully endorse all of Oddy's choices! Batman: Arkham Asylum and Bastion are both fantastic as well.

Personally, I'm hoping to grab Arkham City and maybe a few smaller games.... Stacking seems like it could it be fun .

_mikero_

Gamesake

No. Don't waste money on Steam for indie games--wait for the humble bundles. That's where I got VVVVVV, Cave Story+, and Bit Trip Runner for a lot less.

...in my pants.

Odnetnin

Funny, Arkham Asylum and Bastion are games I would've included had I extended my list further.

I have my eye on From Dust at $3.74. Anyone care to recommend it?

@Gamesake Who says those particular games are going to appear in future Humble Bundles? That statement is also an insult to the quality of those games: they're completely worth the Steam sale prices, let alone full price.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Gamesake

@TinyOddy Is it also worth the DRM? You should be supporting what the Humble Bundle is doing.

...in my pants.

CommanderAudio

Gamesake wrote:

No. Don't waste money on Steam for indie games--wait for the humble bundles. That's where I got VVVVVV, Cave Story+, and Bit Trip Runner for a lot less.

EXCATLY! My computer can't handle Steam, and I wnat indie games. So what do I do? HUUUUUUMMBBBBLLLLEEEEE!
BBBUUUNNNDDDLLLEEE!

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

Millenia

Thank you so much for the recommendations everyone!! I have since learned that my computer can not handle Portal sadly... However I'm going to buy Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Limbo, Half-Life 2 (which it surprisingly can handle), and BIT.TRIP BEAT. Also, is Cave Story+ worth buying over the free version?

Millenia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.