Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 3,310

V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Ravage

I did not see that, thanks.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

JohnDoe123

@V8_Ninja Thanks for posting that. Might have missed it otherwise.

I downloaded Tropico 4 for the Free Weekend that goes up the Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed what I've played so far. I can't afford Tropico 4 right now, but I'm considering getting Tropico 3 or Tropico Reloaded. Anyone have any recommendations?

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

PiribroH

EmpireIndustries wrote:

I downloaded Tropico 4 for the Free Weekend that goes up the Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed what I've played so far. I can't afford Tropico 4 right now, but I'm considering getting Tropico 3 or Tropico Reloaded. Anyone have any recommendations?

Well I have the Tropico 3 but I haven't really played it enough to have a firm opinion of it. All I can now say is that it looks pretty and has some nice music. I really need to play more of it.

Ravage

EmpireIndustries wrote:

I think I heard that Tropico 3 and 4 are very similar. So that is probably a decent route to go down.

JohnDoe123

Thanks, guys. I think I'll wait untill the Summer Sale, I have too many games I'm not playing and a sim game like this won't help.

JohnDoe123

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Anyone know anything about the Commando games? Look interesting. Like a WW2 RTS?

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

edhe

I wasn't particularly drawn in to the Diablo III hype machine - more so after learning about its always on DRM, which is a shame, because I'm quite fond of those sort of games.

Enter Torchlight 2 - which I've been watching a Yogscast series on, which I've gone ahead and preordered, bagging a free version of Torchlight 1 with it.

That's £14.99 for Torchlight 1+2 versus £12.99 for Torchlight 1 on its own, or indeed whatever Diablo 3 ends up retailing at (I'm guessing at least £34.99).

I also had my eye on either Endless Space or Galactic Civilizations, but I watched some videos on YouTube, and the former looked kind of dull, and the latter looked kind of dull and was in entirely in Czech. Which is a pity, because I really think I'd enjoy that sort of game - expanding through space and building up an empire, researching technologies and battling other ships...

By my first impressions, it could do with a bit more micromanagement, but then I guess I've been spoilt by another space game I enjoyed playing up until recetly - Shores of Hazeron.

If you're reading this, by the way, @Reala, what are your thoughts on Galactic Civilization II? I notice you own the game yourself.

I must also try to play more demos. I bet I'll be able to shave a few titles off my wishlist (currently @ 44 items!)

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

CommanderAudio

And here I am, the dude with Steam, who has to wait 95284759456385692764956 hours just to download TF2 'cause of his hellacrap laptop that has a broken keyboard. I have to use a different laptop for everything else because of how bad it is.

P.S I added @edhe. Waiting for response

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

Reala

I found galactic civ 2 to be a lot of fun the tech trees are huge and I feel each civ feels more unique than the actual Sid Meier civilization series, you can't just invade a planet right away you need to research invasion first which removes the chance of simply being wiped out straight away early in the game which I think is a good idea; gives you a fair chance to build your civ up first; also a lot of customisations in vehicles can modify them or create your own.

Overall a really good alternative to the more famous civ series of games; maybe not quite as good as say civ 4 with all its expansion packs but it does have quite a bit of personality in its civs available; more so than the Sid Meier civ series I felt would even go so far as to say its near Alpha Centauri in that regard.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

Ravage

The Torchlight 2 Beta has been quite fun thus far. I have started out trying the embermage. I am not sure if I really like the skill trees, they just seem a bit too large and the starting skills aren't really that interesting. The game starts out very easy on normal, but it does start to get a bit more difficult once you get beyond level 10 or so. So far I have not seen any sort of puzzles or switch elements, just the odd trap when you open a certain chest or something, which is rather disappointing. Oh, I must also say that how some of the spells amplify certain elements is a nice tough for combo-ing and i hope to see more of this.

Birdman

So, I was at my local Gamestop earlier today picking up my Mario Tennis Open, and I saw them selling a new type of cash card there. Steam cash cards, for $20 or $50. I don't have any proof, but they were there. Anyone see these?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

JohnDoe123

Has anyone either seen these Steam cards in Canada or know if they work in Canada?

JohnDoe123

V8_Ninja

Untitled

Also, I've got beta invite. Who wants it?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

JohnDoe123

Is CS:GO probably going to be free when it's released?

JohnDoe123

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.