Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 3,310

cheetahman91

Finally got Steam working. My account name is the same as the one I'm using on this site. Feel free to add me if you want too.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

ToastyYogurt

I played a demo of Bastion, and I have to say it looks very good. I'll be picking it up when Steam does another sale this holiday (yeah, I'm cheap ).

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Blink

irken004 wrote:

Oh god what have I done D:

Kill it. Kill it WITH FIRE.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

V8_Ninja

Blink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Oh god what have I done D:

Kill it. Kill it WITH FIRE.

I personally would recommend nuking it, but that's just me.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

V8_Ninja

For all of those who have $30 to spend and are feeling a bit adventurous, a new RTS called Achron was released today. But here's the special thing about the game; you're able to go into the past at any time of the current match and manipulate your previous actions, creating multiple universes and dimensions of how the single battle is played out. You're also able to send units back in time, making the game one of the most meta games I've ever seen. And the game supports up to 4-player online 1v1v1v1 matches. It's truly insane, and the best of examples of this is in this video right here.

Blink

V8_Ninja wrote:

For all of those who have $30 to spend and are feeling a bit adventurous, a new RTS called Achron was released today. But here's the special thing about the game; you're able to go into the past at any time of the current match and manipulate your previous actions, creating multiple universes and dimensions of how the single battle is played out. You're also able to send units back in time, making the game one of the most meta games I've ever seen. And the game supports up to 4-player online 1v1v1v1 matches. It's truly insane, and the best of examples of this is in this video right here.

I read about this a while back and all I can do is put it on my wishlist for the time being.
And all I can say is-
What.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

Chris720

Terra wrote:

So, anyone tried this RPG called Numen: Contest of Heroes? It's 75% off atm (£2.00 in the UK) for the daily deal and looks alright but I'm not too willing to expand upon my large PC baklaag for the sake of cheap shiz

That looks like a cheap and nasty WoW rip-off. It looks 'alright' but I don't think I would want that game no matter how cheap it is.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

V8_Ninja

@Terra While I can't speak for myself, I have read some user reviews and the general thought is that the game is that it's playable and enjoyable, but not anything that needs to be played. Also, it appears that you level up pretty quickly as well, so it doesn't seem to be a enormous time-sink.

Ravage

This is why I want to get Deus Ex: HR:
[youtube:Zmg237m9YpQ]

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ludwig

No daily thing today? O.o

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

V8_Ninja

@Ludwig Don't worry, the Daily Deal is Alien Shooter.

Tasuki

Ok I am lookin to get the Sims 3 for my Laptop problem is my Laptop doesnt have a drive so I have to get a digital download from somewhere. I tried to go through EA or Origins or whatever its called only to run into all kinds of problems that I really dont want to go into needless to say I am getting a refund from them and I will never go that route again.

Anyway I want to know before I end up in another predicament like I did with EA I was wondering how good is Steam. Is it easy enough to pay for your game and download it right away? Sorry if this is a noob question but I never used a system like this before.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

V8_Ninja

@Tasuki Steam has worked out fine for me. There are seven steps to getting a game on Steam;

#1. Create a Steam account (duh).
#2. Add items to your shopping cart by going to your desired game's page and clicking the giant, green button that has the words "ADD TO CART".
#3. When your done adding items, click on the green button on the top-right side of the browser that says "CART".
#4. If you have everything you want, click on the "Purchase For Myself" button.
#5. Choose your payment method, fill out the required information, and finish the purchase.
#6. Download the Steam Client by going to the front page and clicking the green "Install Steam Now", which should be above the "Merchandise" section on the right of the page (you will need to scroll down the page to see it).
#7. Install Steam, log on to your account, go to "Library", right click on the game you want to download, and click the "Install Game..." option.

And there! You should start downloading the game. For me most downloads have been fine and rarely take over 5 hours since I have a high-speed internet connection (it usually plateaus at about 1.2 MB per second). There may be times when you won't be able to download a specific game mostly because too many people are already downloading it, but it doesn't happen too often.

EDIT: As for payment options, Steam pretty much supports everything that isn't country-specific.

EDIT #2: As for my personal opinion, I think Steam is fantastic. It works extremely well and it has tons of cheap sales.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.