Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 3,310

cheetahman91

The only thing I have open is the Internet but I'll try that.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

cheetahman91

Well I tried that and now it says it can't connect because of either a crappy internet connection or something on their end. Can I reinstall it so I can pick a slower connection? I see nothing for uninstalling it.

Edit: I figured out how to uninstall it.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

reborn

If you're a puzzle lover remember today's TIDALIS sale It's at 1,20 € (85% off )

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

V8_Ninja

You can now pre-order Serious Sam 3: BFE. DO IT!!! NOW!!!

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Blink

reborn wrote:

If you're a puzzle lover remember today's TIDALIS sale It's at 1,20 € (85% off )

I heartily recommend it.

Also, Deus Ex came today. Nothing like buying a game in a box. C:

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

V8_Ninja

According to Steam's "Coming Soon" tab, we all own the Gundemonium Collection. Interesting...

Ravage

Unfortunately it is not my kind of game

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

irken004

V8_Ninja wrote:

According to Steam's "Coming Soon" tab, we all own the Gundemonium Collection. Interesting...

What do you mean "we all own" it soon? I don't see anything mentioning that it's free to play, they just don't have a price yet.

Blink

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a very very nice game. I have always hated stealth portions of video games, and avoided entire stealth games such as Splinter Cell on principle. I just hate the apprehension, the pressure, and the freaking timing.
But I am a ninja now.
A non-lethal ninja.
Most of the time.
I like it very much, and that's all I've really got to say. C:

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

V8_Ninja

irken004 wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

What do you mean "we all own" it soon? I don't see anything mentioning that it's free to play, they just don't have a price yet.

If you click on the "Coming Soon" tab on Steam's homepage and click the "Next 10" button, you'll see the Gundemonium Collection as a game that's going to be released in September of 2011. If you put your mouse cursor over it, a little window will pop up and give you a description of what the game is. Under the description you'll see that how many of your friends own the game, which appears to be every friend I have.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

reborn

@V8_Ninja I think that's a mistake. I'm pretty sure this game is NOT free. Anyway, it's awesome news! I didn't expect that kind of games would ever arrive on Steam. I've been following them but their price put me off :/ I think I'll get them eventually

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

V8_Ninja

@irken004 The price for the machine is $2799.99. No, your eyes are not tricking you. The machine will cost over $2500 alone. Unless Razer throws in 100+ games for the thing, almost nobody is going to buy it.

Xkhaoz

I want that Blade, but it's waaaay too expensive. I'll stick with building a $800 desktop with about the same specs, thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

edhe

V8_Ninja wrote:

@irken004 The price for the machine is $2799.99. No, your eyes are not tricking you. The machine will cost over $2500 alone. Unless Razer throws in 100+ games for the thing, almost nobody is going to buy it.

Although it looks impressive, I would never spend the equivalent of that on a laptop. The last laptop I had broke down, and I found you can't simply replace the components because they are often welded in. £500 down the crapper. Incidentally, the graphics chipset failed, and I would have had to spend £200 for a new integrated motherboard.

Imagine the cost to repair it if and when a machine like this breaks down!

When I got the laptop back from them (after deciding to pawn it off to a computer shop), the keys were broken (despite not being able to see a display, I was able to plug it into a monitor via the VGA port), and in the end I got £30 - £40 for it.

That will be the last laptop I buy.

Also, regarding the viral campaign they were running for that, I'm a bit dissapointed. The website was called "PC GAMING IS NOT DEAD", and I was genuinely curious to see what it was about, but alas - it's an extremely high powered (and very expensive) laptop.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Gamesake

edhe wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Although it looks impressive, I would never spend the equivalent of that on a laptop. The last laptop I had broke down, and I found you can't simply replace the components because they are often welded in.

They overheat like mad too.

...in my pants.

Odnetnin

Gamesake wrote:

edhe wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Although it looks impressive, I would never spend the equivalent of that on a laptop. The last laptop I had broke down, and I found you can't simply replace the components because they are often welded in.

They overheat like mad too.

And burn you, y'know, if they're in your lap.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

And if you don't feel the need for Counter-Strike Source, the Counter-Strike 1 Anthology is also on sale for $3.74, which includes all of the GoldSrc games except for the Half-Lifes and TFC. And That Garrys Mod + CS:S deal is only $6.66 iirc.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.