Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 3,237

Xkhaoz

@V8_Ninja Yeah, I'm planning on getting it as it looks easily up-gradable. It should do me good until I have the funds for better parts.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Ravage

The reason they put a 520 in it is most likely because they put a real cheap power supply. So you will, in all likelihood, have to upgrade that along with the the GPU. I wouldn't recommend anything below the 550Ti for gaming.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Xkhaoz

After a chat with Ravage, here is my new PC: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Mage_D415

The only thing I changed was a Blu-ray drive instead of dvd, and why wouldn't I take the free offers of Dungeon Siege, Just Cause 2, and Darksiders? So, it would come to $690, not bad considering the specs and free games, mouse, and keyboard. Now I just need to get that much.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Ravage

Red Orchestra 2 has been pretty awesome so far. Much more refined than the first. Not to mention that it is actually possible to see your enemy at a reasonable distance.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Blink

Ravage wrote:

Red Orchestra 2 has been pretty awesome so far. Much more refined than the first. Not to mention that it is actually possible to see your enemy at a reasonable distance.

Excellent, that's what I like to hear.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

V8_Ninja

Paradox Interactive Sale! Go, strategy game enthusiasts! Buy! Buy! Buy! Sell your soul to the devil if you need more money!

A Bit More OT: Personally, I'm eying the Penumbra Collection.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

reborn

The second game in Paradox Interactive Sale is Sengoku (it's been released today, so it's 20% off because of it :/ ).
I really hope it'll be a Mount and Blade day. I can't wait to get that games

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

cheetahman91

Oddy wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Bit Trip Runner is better.

Not on Steam it isn't. The lag makes it virtually unplayable if you're used to the silky-smooth WiiWare version.

Probably because of the requirements. 2.0 GHz? Is the Wii's processor even 1 GHz? Who knows, maybe the graphics are super amazing or something and require way more processing power.

Swiket wrote:

It looks like Portal 1 is free again

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

Heck yeah. Now to see if it'll run good on my PC. Can't beat free though.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Odnetnin

cheetahman91 wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Not on Steam it isn't. The lag makes it virtually unplayable if you're used to the silky-smooth WiiWare version.

Probably because of the requirements. 2.0 GHz? Is the Wii's processor even 1 GHz? Who knows, maybe the graphics are super amazing or something and require way more processing power.

I dunno. Yeah I have more than the required specs but it still doesn't run (no pun intended) as well as it does on Wii.

@FreePortal /me tells all his Portalless friends

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

cheetahman91

Oddy wrote:

Battlefront II and more Star Wars stuff is on sale this weekend. I've been wanting BF for months so I might have to spring for it.

Battlefront II is great. I'd say go for it. Can't beat $5. I'd love to get that and KOTOR but it I have Windows 7.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

cheetahman91

Oddy wrote:

It was on sale for $2.50 during the summer sale and I idiotically skipped out on it. I have Windows 7 too...are the games not playable on it or something?

Under the system requirements the only OS's it lists are XP and Vista.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Blink

Swiket wrote:

Check out this video of a 7th grade class that visited Valve

Haha, great video, they used the same mouse I have! You sir, are a fount of knowledge and cool videos. Wherever do you find them?

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

irken004

Oddy wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Did you try changing some settings? BEAT was a tad laggy for me but I changed a few things to get it to run smoothly.

Edited on by irken004

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.