Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 3,310

Xkhaoz

@Ravage Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing. Help would be great

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

_mikero_

Never heard of Bastion before, but I just watched a trailer and it's something I will definitely keep my eye on!

_mikero_

Ravage

Kid_Khaozarus wrote:

@Ravage Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing. Help would be great

There are many sites which have at least some form of basic guide. Here are a few links:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534823
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buyers-guide/2011/07/11/pc-hardware-buyer-s-guide-july-2011/1

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Xkhaoz

Is anyone else's Steam updating a ton? Every time I log onto my PC, it has to update

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Blink

irken004 wrote:

Also, Bastion is coming out very soon. I'd like to get it but $15 sounds like a lot. Supposedly a demo will be available right around launch time.

Fifteen dollars is not a lot, it's just our brains trying to mess us up. I remember seeing a graphic monologue (I have no idea what the heck they're called, so I just coined this phrase) that explained it very well, but I can't seem to find it...
Anyway, the difference is negligible, buy that game if you like it. I'm planning to, a good hack and slash is just what I need right now.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

irken004

Blink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Also, Bastion is coming out very soon. I'd like to get it but $15 sounds like a lot. Supposedly a demo will be available right around launch time.

Fifteen dollars is not a lot, it's just our brains trying to mess us up. I remember seeing a graphic monologue (I have no idea what the heck they're called, so I just coined this phrase) that explained it very well, but I can't seem to find it...
Anyway, the difference is negligible, buy that game if you like it. I'm planning to, a good hack and slash is just what I need right now.

It'd also help if I didn't blow my money on a graphic tablet right before Bastion released.

ToastyYogurt

edhe wrote:

The problem with Origin will likely be EA's inflated prices. They'll have to do something about that if they hope to compete with steam, and I don't mean 'take every EA game of Steam'.

Destroyer360 wrote:

Google "How to set up a Terraria Server". It's also best if you try to set one up without using Hamachi. If you have a router and access to it's configuration settings, you should be able to make a port forward. Guides are around that can help you.(information such as the IP that your router is located on and router login information might be on the bottom of your router, unless you changed them from the defaults)

P.S. Some guides might tell you that you need one instance of Terraria open for hosting and another instance open to play on the server, but that's no longer true thanks to an update, and you can host and play at the same time. There's a program called "TerrariaServer" inside the game's program folder that can host the server separately from the actual game should you want to be able to leave the server and come back without killing the server.

If had a good look through those guides already, I've (to the best of my knowledge) been able to port forward my computer for Terraria, but when it comes to finding my IP address, I can't work it out.

Some guides tell you to use the cmd.exe console, but when I input a command, I keep getting errors. I've followed guides on how to fix it so I can see my IP address, but they don't work either.

I've got access to the IP address that allows my brother to play Terraria with me on the local network, but all I need to know is the name of the IP address (and how to find it) to be able to play over the Internet.

Of course, this isn't a problem if I join any of your games, but I'd still like to know for future reference.

Go to www.whatsmyip.org , and it will tell you your external ip address (a.k.a. the one for the entire internet to see).
Btw, unless you made your ip static, it will change from time to time.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

ToastyYogurt

irken004 wrote:

Blink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

It'd also help if I didn't blow my money on a graphic tablet right before Bastion released.

Coughsteamholidaysalecough.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

irken004

I got the new engie, spy, and Sniper weapons in TF2. My favorite of the bunch is the new sniper rifle. SO AWESOME.

_mikero_

Wow. The Machina sounds cool; a double head shot would be awesome!

_mikero_

cheetahman91

Does it normally take Steam forever to update? I've been checking it for an hour and a half and it's made zero progress so far (other than the progress it made last night).

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Blink

cheetahman91 wrote:

Does it normally take Steam forever to update? I've been checking it for an hour and a half and it's made zero progress so far (other than the progress it made last night).

No, that's not supposed to happen. Pray to whatever dark, pagan gods you worship that it will start once more, else your Steam be lost to the dark abyss.

Also, Bastion is freaking awesome.

cheetahman91

Blink wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

No, that's not supposed to happen. Pray to whatever dark, pagan gods you worship that it will start once more, else your Steam be lost to the dark abyss.

Also, Bastion is freaking awesome.

I haven't even gotten to use it yet. I just downloaded the installer last night and have been waiting for the stupid thing to update. It's been around three hours now, and it still hasn't made any progress. Never realized I would have this much trouble with it.

Edit: Well, I restarted my computer and now it's making progress. Hopefully that's all it was.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

cheetahman91

Ok now I've got another question. Steam was able to update just fine after I restarted my computer but now it's taking forever for creating my account (been over an hour). I'm getting ready to go to bed soon. Will it hurt anything if I just turn my computer off and try again tomorrow even though it's still trying to create it? (I don't like leaving my computer out so I lock it up. Don't want it to get stolen.)

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Blink

cheetahman91 wrote:

Ok now I've got another question. Steam was able to update just fine after I restarted my computer but now it's taking forever for creating my account (been over an hour). I'm getting ready to go to bed soon. Will it hurt anything if I just turn my computer off and try again tomorrow even though it's still trying to create it? (I don't like leaving my computer out so I lock it up. Don't want it to get stolen.)

Yeah, that should be dandy. Steam doesn't seem to like your computer. Give us a heads-up tomorrow on how it's going.

cheetahman91

Well I tried to get it to connect today, and now the stupid thing quits responding. This is really getting on my nerves. I just want to get on the freakin' store. :/ I was able to join GOG last night without any problems, but why with this?

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Aviator

How many other programs are open when your using steam? Closing a few might give it more oomph.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.