Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,310

HolyMackerel

I'm a huge fan of 2D Worms and I already have it pre-ordered. Sounds like a good idea CB, everyone get it and let's have some tourneys.

HolyMackerel

JebbyDeringer

Klapaucius: Morrowind is certainly better I've played both quite extensively. Oblivion did improve the combat, graphics, UI, the arena, and not a better story but a better delivery. Other than that Morrowind is bigger, badder, more variety, way more factions, more armor, weapons and pretty much everything.

JebbyDeringer

Philip_J_Reed

HolyMackerel wrote:

I'm a huge fan of 2D Worms and I already have it pre-ordered. Sounds like a good idea CB, everyone get it and let's have some tourneys.

Adding you on Steam right now. Anyone else up for some Worms action?

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Blink

Fallout: New Vegas preordered. Ooooh yeah.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

V8_Ninja

Hey, anyone try that Steam game called "Swarm Arena"? It looked pretty interesting from the trailer, but I'm not entirely sold on it. Kinda looks like it could become bland after a few times playing it.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Blink

Hmmm, no but it looks very interesting if just for multiplayer on the same comp. Also, I like the Geometry Wars-esque visuals, thanks for telling me about this. I'll probably wait for some reviews, but it looks fun...

V8_Ninja

@Blink While doing some research, I found two reviews for the game. One of them is from the guys over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun while the other one is from DIY Gamer. While I'm not familiar with either of them, they both do call the game fun if you're looking for something new in the Geometry-Wars-arcade-shooter niche-genre. You can check out the reviews here:

Rock, Paper, Shotgun review: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/20/safe-from-harm-swa...

DIY Gamer review: http://www.diygamer.com/2010/08/calm-swarm-swarm-arena-review/

Blink

Thanks for that Rock, Paper, Shotgun review, I'd already read the DIYgamer one (really like the color use though, makes it easy to scan) and it does look fun, but I don't think I'm quite willing to throw down a whopping nine bucks for it maybe I'll wait for a sale and then strike...

HolyMackerel

Just giving everyone a heads up that Worms Reloaded is released in 2 days (August 26). If you order it before then, you get a 10% discount and exclusive preorder items. If you're interested it would be best to buy it ASAP so we can pwn each other Worms-style with all the bells and whistles. (I want more Worms buddies I can slaughter wholesale with donkeys kthx)

HolyMackerel

Philip_J_Reed

Definitely thinking about it, Mackerel.

God I have so many games soaking up my time/money. I feel like I'm 10 again.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

Plain Sight is a mere $2 for Midweek Madness. I only got to play about an hour of it, but it's pretty fun if a bit disorienting at first. Shame my laptop is trrrrble.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Ravage

I believe if you buy Worms: reloaded before the 2nd, you can get a new outfit for the soldier in TF2. I read something about it on the TF2 blog.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Blink

Darn it, I totally missed the sale on Plain Sight, there's still time though...

HolyMackerel

What's the general consensus about Plain Sight anyway?

HolyMackerel

V8_Ninja

@HolyMackerel I personally enjoy it a lot. As for something that's more elaborate, the Metacritic score is a solid 76. Personally, it's your call, but I think it's worth a whole two dollars.

JonWahlgren

I agree with the ninja. For $2 you can't really go wrong. I paid $10 and feel happy about my purchase.

Edited on by JonWahlgren

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

I disagree with the ninja. I paid about $2 for it when it was part of a larger package, and I feel as though I'd prefer a $2 refund.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

blurays

What pre-purchase bonuses did they have for Worms Reloaded?
Is Worms Reloaded a remake of an old Worms game?

blurays

Aviator

I don't think that there was a pre-purchase bonus.

I picked up ToMI and Puzzle Agent recently.
ToMI is great, as TellTales P&C games are, but Puzzle Agent could have been better.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Blink

I'm going to be buying X-Com pretty soon, along with one of the original Fallouts. I'm wondering which is better though? Fallout 1? 2? Tactics? If anyone has played all three and could give me a recommendation, that would be fantastic.

Edited on by Blink

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.