Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 3,310

irken004

Pandalicious wrote:

Can anybody recommend ARES, Defense Grid, or SpaceChem? Compare them? Don't put too much work into to recommending them because I'm just trying to decide what to spend my last few tickets on (I don't own any of the games).

ARES and Defense Grid are great games.

irken004

Pandalicious wrote:

One better than the other? Or how about this: which summer prize is more substantial?

Well Defense Grid has quite a bit of content for a tower defense game when you add the DLC maps from the ticket booth. But if side-scrolling action games are your fancy, you may prefer ARES.

Personally I'd prefer Defense Grid, but Ares is very good too.

Platypus

Now that the summer sale is (almost) over. What games did you all buy and how would you rate them based on your early impressions?
I got:
Star wars: Empire at war: 8/10
Star wars Knights of the Old Republic: 8/10
Plants vs Zombies: 9/10
I just got Shatter, Toki Tori and Star Wars republic commando but haven't played them yet.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Sneaker13

Not much actually. Only just bought Secret Files 2 and Musaic Box.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

irken004

KOTOR: 7/10
SW Battlefront 2: 8/10
Killing Floor: 9/10
Counter Strike Source: 8/10
Shatter: Haven't played it yet. Got it while it was still cheap

Killing Floor was a surprise hit for me, wonderful game!

Edited on by irken004

komicturtle

Assassin's Creed 2: N/A (I don't want to play it with mouse and keyboard- will get a pad to play it instead)
Torchlight: 9/10
Killing Floor: 8/10

Great games. And thanks to irken for sending me the pass for KF and CS. I bought KF, but will not consider CS because I didn't like it much. And the people I played with left me with a bad taste in my mouth- very displeased with the mentality. And I shouldn't judge the game by that- it looks fun but not for me. I guess I'll judge the community with the people I played, who poorly represent it.

komicturtle

Xkhaoz

Half Life: 9/10 Great game, but these old-school loading times ARE KILLING ME
Counter-Strike: 8/10 Can't find a good server, but I can have dual pistols, so it's awesome in my book.
Ricochet: 6/10 Kinda confusing, and can't find many players.
Deathmatch Classic: 7/10 Love me some Quake in the morning.
Day of Defeat: 7/10 Hard and confusing, but I'll get used to it.
Killing Floor (Invite sent by irken): 8/10 Seriously considering buying this, after playing the invite irk sent me.

Everything else i either haven't played yet or can't run

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

ASDFGHJKL

Thank you you awesome, sparkly, completely non-annoying, fairy!

ASDFGHJKL

Platypus

Nobody got the Monkey island games? I should of forced it upon some of you

Platypus

Swiket wrote:

Will we get to see Curse of Monkey Island on Steam as a Special Edition rerelease? That's what I'm wondering.

Not according to this: http://talesofmi.net/?p=1046
I'd rather have Maniac Mansion Special Edition.

PiribroH

Games that I bought:
Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition and Tropico 3: Absolute Power: 8-9/10 great game with some great music. Doesn't seem to take itself too seriously. Relaxing and fun.
The Last Remnant: X/10 haven't played it yet.

As for my tickets, I only got four and I'm going to use three of them in the sunglasses for TF2.

Maybe I'll still buy something but I only have few hours left. Any recommendations from todays deals?

V8_Ninja

As for spending my tickets, here's my prize booth loot:

Alien Breed 2
The Golden Ship (Beat Hazard)
Brutal Concussion (Aaaa!!! A Reckless Disregard For Gravity)
The Lonely Cruise (Magicka)
The Berserker Suit (A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda)
Serious 8 (Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter)

I might be able to get another 2 tickets in order to get another prize, but the only prizes that I would be able to use are the TF2 shades and the Portal 2 snorkel, both of which I can live without.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

edhe

Thank you for the gift Kyubi. I was really wanting to try X-COM, and at 20mb, I'll be able to try it out tonight! (as opposed to Portal 2, which I'll still be downloading up until about next month.

I was able to spend my 13 tickets (withone remainder) the Magicka map, Alien Breed, the TF2 Shades and the Portal 2 costumes.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Platypus

I only managed to get 8 tickets. I got the Defense Grid the awakening maps and the Magika maps I don't have either game but I plan to get them in the future.

EDIT: aaaand it's over.

Edited on by Platypus

Odnetnin

I was so desperate for tickets that I made a YouTube account and plugged in a new webcam just for one ticket. I also stayed up until 1:00 AM and got the Talent Show achievement three times (twice with @soccer686 who was on his PS3; apparently that doesn't count) before it showed up. I was so happy that Summer Camp didn't end right at midnight (in my timezone at least).

I got:
TF2 Shades
Portal 2 Snorkels
Alien Breed 2
Beat Hazard Gold Ship
ARES DLC (don't own the game)
Defense Grid DLC (don't own the game)

In terms of sale games I bought BIT.TRIP RUNNER for $2.50 (got the summer achievement), Poker Night at the Inventory (from Telltale for $1.25, but activated it on Steam and got the summer achievement), and Puzzle Agent 2 & a giftable copy of the original for $8.99 with the refund from my Telltale pre-order (technically it wasn't part of the sale, but there was a deal going for it from June 30th through July 10th so it might as well have been), and was gifted Terraria by edhe and Half-Life 2 by Xkhaoz.

TL;DR: I spent $3.75 of my birthday money and recieved over $25 worth of awesome games. Thank you my birthday, thank you gifters, and thank you Steam for all of this Summer of Gaming goodness.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

With my tickets 10, I got
Alien Breed 2
Team Fortress 2 Shades
And the Portal 2 snorkels

I could of gotten 2 more tickets from Audiosurf and Spiral Knights, but they seemed waaay too hard.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

V8_Ninja

So, what's everybody's "Loot" from the summer sale? Here's mine:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe ($8.50)
Just Cause 2 ($5)
Left 4 Dead 1 ($3.75, got it in the bundle)
Left 4 Dead 2 ($3.75, got it in the bundle)
Sanctum ($3.75)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within ($2.50)
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones ($2.50)
The Final Hours of Portal 2 ($1)
Zombie Driver ($0, got it from a contest I won)
Caster ($1)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath ($3.40)
Magicka: Vietnam ($1.70)
Section 8: Prejudice ($10)

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.