Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 3,310

V8_Ninja

komicturtle92 wrote:

I checked the prizes but I don't understand how it works exactly. I click on more details, but nothing really happens for me.

When you scroll over a prize, you should see three things: the description of said prize, a "More Details" button, and a button with a ticket on it. The description explains what the prize is (don't ask why I explained something that simple), the "More Details" button links you to the game's page, and the button with the ticket allows you to claim the prize if you have enough tickets (currently each prize = 3 tickets).

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

kevohki

komicturtle92 wrote:

Man, I'm loving this sale. Considered PvZ but eh, I'm not really sold on that game even though it is really cheap now.

I would say get it if Steam recycles some featured sales later in the week. I got it for $5 on a Steam sale over a year ago. It's a steal at under $5 (not sure how much it was on sale when it was featured earlier this week, it's probably more now). It's entirely worth it and addicting fun. I got a good 60+ hours of gameplay out of PvZ.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

komicturtle

Ah, thanks for explaining how it works. It is much simpler lol

@kevohki
Yeah, I'll consider it but I'm still holding off on it. It feels wrong to purchase a good handful of games but not play them because I'm the type who wants to do many things at one time and I just can't do that (such as play one game, but wanting to draw and get started on other games).

More of a personal thing: I always feel like I'm racing against time for some reason.

And it sucks...

komicturtle

Ravage

Frozen Synapse!!!!!

Trine is a great deal and an awesome game. Check it out.

Mount and Blade is an excellent RPG. It's just so massive. Warband brought some good multiplayer to the mix and the game has a good community going still. Actually, I would recommend just getting Warband and not the first as Warband is the same but with more. With Fire and Sword is a stand-alone expansion (I believe) with rifles and such. I think it is supposedly pretty good. Might have to buy Fire and Sword myself at that price.

Bully is supposed to be awesome, might have to think about buying that on as well.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Platypus

Secret of Monkey island and Monkey island 2 is half off!!! BUY IT!!!!

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

kevohki

Anyone have any thoughts of STALKER: Call of Pripiblabla or Clear Sky? Are those two any good?

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

V8_Ninja

@kevohki Sorry, but I've only play Shadow of Chernobyl. I have Call Of Pripyat in my Steam backlog, but I've never actually played the game.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Ravage

It's a flawed gem of a game. I would get SoC first, but I haven't played CoP to tell you if it is really that helpful. Just check out some videos reviews or something.

irken004

New sales up. Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 is HIGHLY recommended! I think I'll grab Killing Floor and use some tickets on the steampunk DLC

EDIT: Got Killing Floor and RUSH

Also got 2 guest passes for Killing Floor, who would like them? First come first serve.

Edited on by irken004

komicturtle

Out of L4D2 and Killing Floor... Which one should I get?! D:

komicturtle

irken004

komicturtle92 wrote:

Out of L4D2 and Killing Floor... Which one should I get?! D:

I would say L4D2, but you can use my Killing Floor pass to see if you like it. Do you want one?

komicturtle

Oh, sure. I asked someone which I should get and he told me that Killing Floor is "Kill all Zombies" and L4D is get from point a to point B.

Thing is, I like both styles of gameplay..

komicturtle

Odnetnin

This is a stupid question:

Whenever I go to the Summer Activities page, for example, it shows I have no tickets and summer-related achievements until I log in. After I log in and go back to it sometimes as soon as 5 minutes later, I have to log in again. This is annoying. Couldn't find any settings to keep me logged in to the Steam Store/Community. Help?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

irken004

Pandalicious wrote:

This is a stupid question:

Whenever I go to the Summer Activities page, for example, it shows I have no tickets and summer-related achievements until I log in. After I log in and go back to it sometimes as soon as 5 minutes later, I have to log in again. This is annoying. Couldn't find any settings to keep me logged in to the Steam Store/Community. Help?

Are you viewing Steam through a web browser or through Steam itself?

komicturtle

Yup, just purchased lol

I'm not crazy over money or brits.. But I like the game

komicturtle

Ravage

Inside word is that Sanctum will be 75% off as part of the daily deals tomorrow. They are also releasing 4 player co-op along with that tomorrow. Does look pretty fun. It is a tower defense game with some well done FPS mechanics.

komicturtle

Just wondering: Should I use my 3 tickets for that Alien game or no?

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.