Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 3,310

V8_Ninja

@Ravage The Spiral Knights achievement isn't there any more. I assume that Three Rings Design (the studio behind Spiral Knights) or Valve let that specific achievement get onto this day's activities by accident since the description of the achievement made it sound like it was supposed to become obtainable on the 4 th of July.

EDIT: As for the actual difficulty of getting the achievement, It really won't be that hard. All you would have to do is buy the thing. But considering that Spiral Knights is an MMO, the prices for the item will skyrocket on the specific day the achievement goes into effect. It would be best if you grinded some money from the dungeons in order to afford the item.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

_mikero_

@Ravage They canceled the spiral knights one because it wasn't working. It might appear on another day though i guess (if so i have the recipe and can gift the bomb for anyone who needs it).

Edited on by _mikero_

_mikero_

kevohki

Is there a limit to the number of entries you can stack up for the grand prize or a limit of DLC (prizes) you can get? I notice there are a limited number of spots on your progress report on your Steam profile.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Aviator

You can only get as many prizes as you can afford with the tickets. But if you get all the tickets every day, you can get as many prizes to pay for them.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ravage

kevohki wrote:

Is there a limit to the number of entries you can stack up for the grand prize or a limit of DLC (prizes) you can get? I notice there are a limited number of spots on your progress report on your Steam profile.

Someone raised that concern on the Steam discussion forums. They just limited the number in view on your profile to keep it neat and clean.

Also, I will probably be getting the AMRA II Combined Operations pack.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Xkhaoz

@irk no skype on 3DS

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Ravage

I actually just realized that the one prize is a full game

irken004

Ravage wrote:

Yep, which tempts me to buy it, though idk if they will switch the prizes at some point. I think I have like 7 tickets currently.

Platypus

Ravage wrote:

Which one?

EDIT: Oh. Alien breed 2. Not sure my comp can run it though

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

komicturtle

Just bought Torchlight for $3 (orginally $15) and I'm really digging the game! Oh, and I caved in and bought ACII Deluxe Edition. That lovely $6 pricetag was too good to give up, so I spent under $10

Man, I'm loving this sale. Considered PvZ but eh, I'm not really sold on that game even though it is really cheap now. Here's hoping for better deals the coming days because sales are at their best in the final days. Sometimes.

komicturtle

irken004

I went ahead and redeemed 3 tickets for Alien Breed 2. It's a good game for the most part, pretty similar to Alien Swarm (which is free...). 4 tickets left.

Aviator

I got the Magicka map and I'm gonna wait for new prizes until I buy anything else.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

PiribroH

Just bought Tropico 3. There haven't really been games that interests me on sale. Also, I only have two tickets.

Assassin's Creed 2 is really a game that I'd like to buy but then there will be a huge pile of games that I've bought but played only a bit.

Aviator

I would be willing to give someone Puzzle Agent in exchange for Torchlight.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Ravage

You can still do a previous days' achievements. Also, I am fairly certain there will not be more prizes.

komicturtle

I checked the prizes but I don't understand how it works exactly. I click on more details, but nothing really happens for me.

Oh, and I found out that Torchlight 2 is coming out this year for Windows and Macs! And there's multiplayer this time around

Glad this sale happened else I would have never noticed Torchlight.

komicturtle

irken004

komicturtle92 wrote:

I checked the prizes but I don't understand how it works exactly. I click on more details, but nothing really happens for me.

You have to click the ticket when you hover your mouse over the prize you want.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.