Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 3,310

AlexSays

Oh Worms looks AWESOME.

I love games that are cute but also deceivingly strategic. ie. Plants vs. Zombies

AlexSays

Ravage

I am also thinking of it, but not until a better sale

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

V8_Ninja

Heads up: Steam is having Alien Breed: Impact on sale for $7.50. I played the demo and it was, well...Okay, I guess. Still not sure about it. If it was priced a bit lower, I might go for it. Right now it's in the "Maybe" category for me.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

V8_Ninja

@Klapaucius As far as I can tell, yes and no. While the premise is the same (shoot aliens from a top-down perspective), Alien Swarm is a very multiplayer, objective-oriented game while Alien Breed: Impact is more of a shoot-em-up-&-get-to-the-end ordeal. I'd recommend that you try the demo before you give it any major thought.

V8_Ninja

It seems that Steam is having more sales this week. Both realMYST and its sequel, Riven, are on sale. There's also this new game that's having a launch special, the game being something called Power of Defense. Haven't heard anything about it and that's probably for a good reason. Either way, it's on sale now.

A-SWE

V8+Ninja wrote:

It seems that Steam is having more sales this week. Both realMYST and its sequel, Riven, are on sale. There's also this new game that's having a launch special, the game being something called Power of Defense. Haven't heard anything about it and that's probably for a good reason. Either way, it's on sale now.

Hmmm... I think Id rather get the Myst games from GOG.com, but then again, steam is great when it comes to downloading games. Anyone know the compability with new PCs on the Steam ones?

Edit: Just read "Riven: The Sequel to MYST is not compatible with Windows XP." on steam. Sucks, GOG.com it is then, cheaper anyway.

Edited on by A-SWE

[url=http://backloggery.com/mrb][/url]

V8_Ninja

Again, Steam is having yet another sale this week. The sale is the game Gratuitous Space Battles and all of it's DLC for 75% off. I played the demo and it didn't sell me on the game, but I'm not a fan of strategy games to begin with, so this might interest some.

Ravage

Considering Myst, but maybe on a Steam sale lol

Ravage

I believe that they are updated versions, which may explain why Riven does not work on XP. Maybe it just doens't work in some cases as well, to the forum!
EDIT: Looks like there are quite a few problems with them (missing videos oddly enough). It seems that Riven should work on XP also...

Edited on by Ravage

Aviator

I just bought Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition, to tide me over while I wait for the epic conclusion Sam and Max 305 will be.

EDIT: I also bought Half Life 2: Episode One over the weekend (in-store not on steam) cause it was cheaper than doing it over Steam.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ravage

Too bad Starcraft 2 isn't on Steam, now I have two network thingies for games...

Aviator

Klapaucius wrote:

Aviator wrote:

I also bought Half Life 2: Episode One over the weekend (in-store not on steam) cause it was cheaper than doing it over Steam.

Indeed, have to remember to shop around. I always check prices on Amazon before I purchase a game on Steam, even when its on sale.
It becomes easy to forget that games can be bought on disc, though there is the convenience of Steam to consider.

Yes, but you can save quite a bit of download time if you restore the game from the disc.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

Yeah I can see what you mean, but when you buy the disc, it comes with a product code. You can restore HL2 to your steam account, and the product code tells steam that you bought it, and you download the game off the disc rather than downloading it.

You still however have to download the updates.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

So I just finished The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, and I am now either considering, Puzzle Quest 2, SOMI:LER or Puzzle Quest.

Opinions??

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

V8_Ninja

In honor of Quakecon 2010, Steam is having sales on some games made by Bethesda and id Software. Today's deals are Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of The Year Edition and the Deluxe Edition of said game (which is the GOTY edition of a game, so don't think too much about that). Personally, I've been too addicted to Morrowind as of late (I raked up half my total game time [+80 Hours] in the past two weeks), so I'm thinking of skipping out on the deal.

Ravage

I wonder if Quake is going on sale?

Ravage

Looks like we have a Booster Trooper free weekend starting. I'm going to check it out, but probably won't buy.

HolyMackerel

Worms Reloaded is having a preorder sale. Exclusive stuff! Classic 2D worms action with an actually good multiplayer system! Get it!

HolyMackerel

Philip_J_Reed

Oh man...I really want Worms Reloaded now. Is anyone else here getting it? I'd love to get an NL Worms Tournament going.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.