Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 3,310

Xkhaoz

BTW, EA's is really pushing it's new Steam ripoff Origin, so Crysis 2 was pulled off steam, but it's still on Amazon and Direct2Drive lol

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

HolyMackerel

Yay, free games.

@Xkhaoz EA is just sour grapes. Well, too bad for them and their lost sales.

HolyMackerel

irken004

I can't seem to login to Spiral Knights correctly even though I used to be able to...

Tried Champions Online, but it was kinda meh. Downloading Forsaken World right now to try it out.

_mikero_

They haven't linked existing Spiral Knights accounts to Steam yet but it should be done by the end of the week.

Edited on by _mikero_

_mikero_

Ravage

Strange...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

HolyMackerel

@Swiket Some commenters said it might be to do with DLC. They speculate that EA is going to release exclusive DLC for Crysis 2 through Origin and part of Valve's terms is that they don't sell gimped editions of games which lack content users can only get elsewhere. Thus it gets cut from Steam because it violates the agreement. But it is just speculation at this point.

HolyMackerel

Ravage

Downloading The Cat and The Coup and will check it out later today hopefully. Sounds like an awesome concept.

V8_Ninja

Awesome deals are awesome deals, ladies and gentlemen. You might wanna snatch them up before you can't pick them up anymore.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

HolyMackerel

@V8 Hmm, the action pack is very tempting... and so is the variety pack. @_@ Sigh.

HolyMackerel

DarkLloyd

im downloading all of the free to play games

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

irken004 wrote:

Left 4 Dead 2 is on sale, GO BUY IT NOW

Nice i'll probably wait for a bundle pack or christmas sale as i plan to get a awsome computer from futureshop that has the following features *wont list the whole thing but what i think matters
-Processor Type Intel Core i7-2600
Processor Speed 3.4 GHz
Processor Cores 4
RAM 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT420
Pre-loaded Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium
Dedicated Video Memory Yes
Video Memory 1 GB p.s i could of sworn it had 12 gb ram it must be a different computer i saw from last time
pretty sure that makes it more powerfull then my consoles combine or something lol

and quick question has anyone have valiant of arms cause the computer to shut down on them and wont start up properlly giving u the blue screen?

DarkLloyd

kevohki

irken004 wrote:

I second this. The remaining L4D maps are coming soon and are free so you'll be getting a lot of game for your $. Plus it's always good to have new people to annihilate in Versus, lol.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

PiribroH

BlackFira wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Nice i'll probably wait for a bundle pack or christmas sale as i plan to get a awsome computer from futureshop that has the following features *wont list the whole thing but what i think matters
-Processor Type Intel Core i7-2600
Processor Speed 3.4 GHz
Processor Cores 4
RAM 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT420
Video Memory 1 GB p.s i could of sworn it had 12 gb ram it must be a different computer i saw from last time
pretty sure that makes it more powerfull then my consoles combine or something lol

and quick question has anyone have valiant of arms cause the computer to shut down on them and wont start up properlly giving u the blue screen?

I'm not any professional computer guy but I think that the Nvidia Geforce GT420 isn't a gaming graphics card. I'd take something more powerful because your processor is pretty much one of the best cpus around right now.

I've been playing a little bit Spiral Knights so I got the hat for soldier in TF2. I have no need to buy L4D2 because I already have it and I haven't played it much (7 hours I think).

Ravage

BlackFira wrote:

irken004 wrote:

-Processor Type Intel Core i7-2600 Unless you plan on doing lots of video encoding and such, the i5 2500k (the k is important since it will allow you to overclock and the 2500k overclocks like a beast) is a much better value and currently the best cpu out (other than 2600k)
Processor Speed 3.4 GHz
Processor Cores 4
RAM 8 GB DDR3 Should be 1333 MHz at least, but 8 GB is plenty; no need for 12 GB
Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB But what hard drive is it?
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT420 To be completely honest; crap, but you would be able to get a new GPU to upgrade, but this almost certainly will require a new power supply. Actually, the reason they used that GPU would be to get the cheapest piece of crap power supply possible. Just what these companies do. I should note; never cheap out on your power supply. It powers all of your components and without the proper fail-safes, can also destroy those components. Some of the cheaper ones will catch fire

First of all, why are you getting a computer from Futureshop? Secondly, build it yourself. I'll just edit above.

I would recommend posting here at the very least. Other tech sites like Bit-Tech and Tom's Hardware would due of course. Just post what your expectations are, budget, what you're gonna use it for, etc. Some sites will have stickies guiding you through what info you need to post. You will get much better value in all likelihood by going someplace else.

V8_Ninja

Hey, anyone mind being sent an invite to play Spiral Knights? Yes, I'm doing it for completely selfish reasons.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

DarkLloyd

Ravage wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

irken004 wrote:

-Processor Type Intel Core i7-2600 Unless you plan on doing lots of video encoding and such, the i5 2500k (the k is important since it will allow you to overclock and the 2500k overclocks like a beast) is a much better value and currently the best cpu out (other than 2600k)
Processor Speed 3.4 GHz
Processor Cores 4
RAM 8 GB DDR3 Should be 1333 MHz at least, but 8 GB is plenty; no need for 12 GB
Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB But what hard drive is it?
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT420 To be completely honest; crap, but you would be able to get a new GPU to upgrade, but this almost certainly will require a new power supply. Actually, the reason they used that GPU would be to get the cheapest piece of crap power supply possible. Just what these companies do. I should note; never cheap out on your power supply. It powers all of your components and without the proper fail-safes, can also destroy those components. Some of the cheaper ones will catch fire

First of all, why are you getting a computer from Futureshop? Secondly, build it yourself. I'll just edit above.

I would recommend posting here at the very least. Other tech sites like Bit-Tech and Tom's Hardware would due of course. Just post what your expectations are, budget, what you're gonna use it for, etc. Some sites will have stickies guiding you through what info you need to post. You will get much better value in all likelihood by going someplace else.

turned out it wasnt the computer i was looking at, it must of gotten sold out again so it didnt appear on the website but i did a little test on the computer i was thinking of and it was powerfull obviosully the graphics card was better then the one i listed from the other computer

and im from canada so i have no idea about the places you listed plus futureshop is the only place around here i can get a heavy computer with 12 gb ram and with other similiar features i listed like the 1 tb harddrive it didnt state what kind but i planned to get a portable one or something to regulary backup.

to be honest i would love to build my own computer but im not very knowledgable with tech to the point i know i would screw something up down the line with this or that too much information you would likely consider me one of those casual type when it comes to something like that lol plus i had a nice converstation with a employee at futureshop who i should state is asian for obvious reason saying building your own computer isnt really that cheaper etc etc, cant get into it because it was about a half year ago lol

beside with the features i listed above that u say i wouldnt need well think of it as saving my self the trouble of upgrading it in the future where games would start to use more

DarkLloyd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.