Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 3,363

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

161. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

Klapaucius wrote:

Gothic 2 + 3 were on special 1-day sale yesterday, but not advertised on the main page :/

Yes it was.

No, it wasn't. The news bulletin advertised 8 games on one-day sale, but on the Steam Store main page there are only 7 games listed. Same today. Perhaps the same every day. Need to pay attention to the news bulletins! (Unless for whatever odd reason I'm the only one who sees just 7 games on the main page.)

Not that it matters about Gothic. From what I read, its the poor man's Morrowind, and I'm already well into that :)

Edited on by Klapaucius

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

162. Posted:

Pretty good deals today, unlike the last few which were kinda meh I thought. GTA IV is $5, SFIV is $10, complete X-Com is under $4, and TF2 is on sale again for like $7.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

163. Posted:

@Panda Agreed. Today's deals are much better than the last days'.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

164. Posted:

Indeed. Good price for GTA4 and Team Fortress.
I'll be getting Osmos, myself.

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

Terra

165. Posted:

Two more buys for me today then. I bought Osmos and X-Com Enforcer. Wasn't so keen on getting the whole X-Com pack. My friend is annoyed as 2 days ago, he bought GTA IV when it was £15.

I did want to get TF2 but my computer won't run it (I checked the specs myself this time instead of using the Systems Requirements Lab). It says you need a processor of at least 1.7GHz and mine's 1.6 (:|). Nevermind, I'm hoping to see the Orange Box get put on sale even cheaper right now, 'bout time I Bought it.

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Ravage

166. Posted:

The system specs listed for TF2 are way behind the times...you really do need a fairly good machine to run that game smoothly.
Thinking about getting XCOM or Commandos, is there a specific one that I should get instead of the whole package? Osmos is a great game, buy it.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

167. Posted:

@Ravage
All of Commandos are great games, but be warned: the difficulty is set to 11.
I'd get the Commandos set if I didn't already own them on disc. Great games and bargain price today.
I was considering XCOM, but realised I'd only be buying because its cheap/on sale and not actually because I want it ^^;

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

theHighlander

168. Posted:

Wonder what it will be today. Guess I will find out soon. I am thinking of getting the Painkiller game for 4.99. Anyone think it is worth it ? Anyone play Red Orchestra ?

Edited on by theHighlander

theHighlander

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

169. Posted:

Red Faction for 5 bucks is a good deal.

And Torchlight is a pretty good RPG.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

170. Posted:

theHighlander wrote:

I am thinking of getting the Painkiller game for 4.99. Anyone think it is worth it ? Anyone play Red Orchestra ?

Painkiller Black Edition? or Painkiller Overdose? Painkiller Black Edition is definately worth getting. Awesome shoot-em-up in the Doom/Quake vein and very imaginative. I played a demo of Overdose and may well get it before the sale ends.

Thinking of getting Red Orchestra. Only £1.75!

@AlexSays
Not the original Red Faction, though :/

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

Ravage

171. Posted:

Red Orchestra doesn't have many people playing, but there is definitely still some. Be prepared to die; a lot.

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Terra

172. Posted:

Bought Shatter earlier. I saw Puzzle Kingdoms for 80p and was thinking about buying but I haven't heard good things about it so I passed

Terra

AuthorMessage

Ravage

173. Posted:

Shatter has me curious.

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

174. Posted:

Terra wrote:

Bought Shatter earlier. I saw Puzzle Kingdoms for 80p and was thinking about buying but I haven't heard good things about it so I passed

Indeed... Just because they're cheap doesn't make it a bargain. There's a ghost related game for only 55p (the cheapest game in the sale, I think), but it looks awful.

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

175. Posted:

@Ravage Trust me; Shatter is pretty amazing for a break-out game.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Terra

176. Posted:

Klapaucius wrote:

Terra wrote:

Indeed... Just because they're cheap doesn't make it a bargain. There's a ghost related game for only 55p (the cheapest game in the sale, I think), but it looks awful.

Yeah, quite right. Cheap doesn't equal bargain. Puzzle Kingdoms did look quite bad, like a bad (And ugly) Puzzle Quest clone. It was 95% off from £15.99. I saw that Ghost game after searching all games by price, Ghost Master alongside Puzzle Kingdoms. The Reviews for it are actually pretty good generally, has an 81 Metacritic rating but looking at it a bit more, not for me

Terra

AuthorMessage

Ravage

177. Posted:

If you were thinking of getting The Guild 2 bundle, you should think again. The pirates version is identical, but has more content, so it is unnecessary to buy the bundle.

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

178. Posted:

@Ravage odd that they sell them as seperate games, then :/

Anyone played Thief: Deadly Shadows? Specfically, on a laptop? I'm interested, but it says "Thief: Deadly Shadows does not support play on laptop computers.".

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

Terra

179. Posted:

Nothing for me today. Don't have any interest in Thief, GTA, Bioshock or Star Wars Galaxies (Just naming the bigger games here) and I already have Madballs

Terra

AuthorMessage

Ravage

180. Posted:

I am working on Thief, there is a demo you can try out if you want to see if the game will run.

Just Say No To Toast!