Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,901 to 9,920 of 16,083

Dezzy

They really changed their position on jiggle physics in DOA6. I think too many people complained:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy I remember talk of more clothing.....less jiggle....becoming a serious fighter. That....looks the same to me. Maybe they'll sell the victorian dresses and head scarves as DLC?

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Yeah it looks the same to me. And it's become more obvious in each new trailer they've released. Which is why I think they changed it over time because people complained.

It does make sense. The people most likely to buy the game are the people who've bought the previous installments, and those people are obviously fine with the jiggle. Making a massive change like that is taking a huge risk because you might alienate your pre-existing fans AND fail to get a new audience (cough cough Battlefield V). They probably realised they faced that possibility if they went too far.

I think they should just split the difference. Have like 3 boobs characters and then 5 non-boobs characters. Something like that.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

Love this video. It's amazing to see what you're able to create in Dreams; it looks like a proper game. And the in-depth part at the end is both intimidating and interesting at the same time.

Octane

TuVictus

Looks way more fun than it did in previous trailers

TuVictus

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

What's Barry Burton doing there

Ironically Bass does have the exact same father/daughter dynamic as Barry Burton.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy True, but at the other end of the spectrum it keeps DoA from being considered a real fighter yet again

@PikPi Seriously why are all you people changing your names and avatars, this is getting ridiculous!

NEStalgia

TuVictus

I just saw the marketplace for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. They literally sell a permanent 2x exp booster under a tab named "Time Savers".

Yikes.

EDIT: @NEStalgia
Haha it's actually your guys' conversation that reminded me I could do that

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

What is the criteria to be considered a real fighter?

And does that have any impact on sales? The safest most PC games are probably Tekken, Street Fighter and Smash Bros.
Well Smash Bros is the only one of those that actually sells well. Meanwhile Mortal Kombat X was the most gruesome game they ever made and also their best selling.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

@PikPi Seems like I could save more time by just skipping the game outright.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

There's an upcoming Kingdom Hearts bundle called "Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far" releasing on October 30th which contains 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 for $40. It would be nice to see this bundle on XB1 (and Switch if KH3 was to come to Switch).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, frustrated by that. I bought the $100 bundle that included all that plus KH3 a few months back. Locked KH3 to PS4 for me even though I'd rather have had 3 on X1, though at least it keeps the series on one platform.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

I just sold my 1.5+2.5 collection on ebay the second I saw that news pop up!

NEStalgia

@PikPi Yeah the game's getting flak for that. OTOH it's an RPG and says so on the cover....if you're not grinding and doing side quests, why did you actually buy it? It even has an easy mode. Plus the game does not throw the store in your face (at all) which makes me think it's not actually P2W but more like the SMTIV exp DLC.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

-Green-

Just wait for the inevitable bundle that includes 3.

I honestly can't believe they still plan on doing more after the 'Xehanort arc'. Kingdom Hearts feels like an anime whose been in filler purgatory for a decade, dragging its feet for an eternity.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

@-Green-

When have they said that? I thought this was supposed to be the end of the series?

-Green-

@Dezzy it’s from an old interview iirc. They said it was the end of the story but not the series or something like that .

Edit: it was this one I think. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/201...

That was actually several years ago, so who knows how much has changed now though.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TuVictus

@NEStalgia Lol, RPG or not, the store is absolutely 100% ridiculous

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

@-Green-

I was kinda hoping this would be the end of the series tbh.

It was a nice idea but I think it's run its course. It'll never be able to recapture the original novelty again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic