Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 16,083

Jaz007

Man, the Playstation Store cannot load a trailer to save it's life, I honestly have no idea why. I have good internet, it can load it when it's in the welcome section, but the moment I ask to watch the trailer for real it can't do it.

Jaz007

sub12

irken004 wrote:

Just beaten Knack, which was surprisingly good, not sure why the critics were pretty offended by it. If there was a sequel to improve on the game even more, it'd be great. I'll replay it to try getting all the gadgets and other Knack forms.

I just completed Knack last week, solid title for sure, and like you, I don't understand all of the negative scores........although, it was nothing earth shattering, it was still a very entertaining, simple and fun platformer / beat em' up.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

banacheck

There is some big performance difference between the PS4 & XBOXONE when it comes to Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, PS4 1080p/60FPS, XBOXONE 1080p/30FPS that's half the frame rate.

banacheck

WebHead

I'll probably have a PS4 by my birthday. Man I'm gonna love having a PS4 probably.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Jaz007

So the Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks pretty good. I hope they brig back the realistic web-swinging from Spider-Man 2 though, I really have a hard time justifying Spider-Man's ability to web into the sky in some games. I have no idea why it's so hard to do, just make the web connect to something.

Jaz007

Jaz007

So what is everyone's top 5 next gen games? (Next-gen, not cross-gen.)
Here's mine.
1/2 Uncharted 4
1/2 inFamous
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Star Wars: Battlefront
5. Mirrior's Edge 2

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

That we're looking forward to? I'll do ya one better:

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Transistor
3. inFamaous: Second Son
4. TitanFall
5. Kingdom Hearts III
6. Star Wars: Battlefront

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

For the PS4 its

1.Infamous Second Son
2. Transistor
3. Helldivers
4.Final Fantasy XV
5. Everquest Next

For the Xbox a one its

1.Halo
2.Quantum Break
3.Final Fantasy XV
4. Fable Legends
5. D4

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

banacheck

What games are you getting in the next few months? Mine are Dark Souls 2 [PS3], Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 [PS3], Thief [PS4], infamous Second Son [PS4], Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [PS4] and Strider [PS4].

Also a new Far Cry game is being worked on, which could be Far Cry 4.
Source: PS3Trophies.org.

banacheck

Jaz007

I traded in my broken PS3 today at GameStop, gonna see about buyig a new one soon. They had a 30% extra on trade-ins torwards Second Son, so I paid that off. So hyped for that game. First time I paid a game off ahead of time.

Jaz007

Gamer83

banacheck wrote:

What games are you getting in the next few months? Mine are Dark Souls 2 [PS3], Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 [PS3], Thief [PS4], infamous Second Son [PS4], Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [PS4] and Strider [PS4].

Also a new Far Cry game is being worked on, which could be Far Cry 4.
Source: PS3Trophies.org.

Solid list. I'm getting Thief (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4), Strider (PS4), inFamous: Second Son (PS4) and MLB 14 The Show (PS4 and Vita) for sure. As of right now I'm seeing The Evil Within (PS4) is set for April. That might be too good to be true but that's another game I have pre-ordered and can't wait for.

Gamer83

banacheck

@Gamer83 nice list, hopefully Evil Within releases in Aptil from what I've seen of The Evil Within it looks good. Your into horror games like me Outlast is due out on the PS4 PS+ I think this week, it got a good review.

If your looking forwards too Diablo3/Reaper Souls on the PlayStation4 like me, here is some info I didn't know about so you might not the new features are also exclusive to the PlayStation4.

The PS4 version of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will get a few new features in addition to its spruced up 1080p visuals 60 fps, touchpad support and shorter load times.

As reported by Polygon, perhaps the most exciting new addition to the PS4 version is something called "Avenger Kills," a feature in which certain monsters can kill a player, level up, hop into their friend's game, then try to kill them too.

These monsters will spawn during special events where the skies darken and an announcement will tell the player that "[Insert friend's name here]'s Bane" has arrived. If you manage to defeat your friend's killer, both you and your friend it most recently slayed will get a piece of loot. If the monster kills you, it will level up further and find a friend of yours to hunt. Think of it like a sentient, demonic chain letter.

banacheck

banacheck

Jaz007 wrote:

I started on Don't Starve today. It was pretty good. It looks like it'll be the survival game I've been wanting. You try to stay alive till you die, and that's it. You have to worry about what goes bump in the night, tools, and food. Perfect foundation if you ask me. I look forward to playing it more.

I agree Don't Starve is a real good game, and has a lot of depth to it. I'm looking for Wes in adventure mode at the moment, that portal you find in the main game. Once I've found Wes I'll have unlocked all the playable characters, as each character has there own pro's & con's.

banacheck

Tasuki

banacheck wrote:

@Gamer83 nice list, hopefully Evil Within releases in Aptil from what I've seen of The Evil Within it looks good. Your into horror games like me Outlast is due out on the PS4 PS+ I think this week, it got a good review.

If your looking forwards too Diablo3/Reaper Souls on the PlayStation4 like me, here is some info I didn't know about so you might not the new features are also exclusive to the PlayStation4.

The PS4 version of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will get a few new features in addition to its spruced up 1080p visuals 60 fps, touchpad support and shorter load times.

As reported by Polygon, perhaps the most exciting new addition to the PS4 version is something called "Avenger Kills," a feature in which certain monsters can kill a player, level up, hop into their friend's game, then try to kill them too.

These monsters will spawn during special events where the skies darken and an announcement will tell the player that "[Insert friend's name here]'s Bane" has arrived. If you manage to defeat your friend's killer, both you and your friend it most recently slayed will get a piece of loot. If the monster kills you, it will level up further and find a friend of yours to hunt. Think of it like a sentient, demonic chain letter.

I heard about that mode during Blizzcon last November, it sounds alot of fun. I have Diablo III on Xbox 360 but I think I might trade it in and get the PS4 version when it comes out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

PS4 version is supposed to have the new expansion sos there's that. Only console that will be hurting for content is the Wii U and that's only if indies don't get on their job.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

banacheck

Outlast is out today EU obviously US got it yesterday, really looking forwards to play this when the store updates.

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.

banacheck

Aviator

Where is MGSV people.

Also, FF13-3, so everything PS4 can wait.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Tasuki

banacheck wrote:

Outlast is out today EU obviously US got it yesterday, really looking forwards to play this when the store updates.

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.

I got it downloading while my PS4 is on standby mode so that way it will be ready for me in the morning.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

banacheck

What I've played of Outlast is good, very good it's the only horror game to make me jump. it's a long time since a horror game has managed that, the sound effects are also very good. I'll comment properly once I've finished it, but liking it a lot so far.

banacheck

banacheck

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City developer Rocksteady Games could be preparing to reveal a new game next month, if a tweet from a Dutch games journalist are to be believed. [PS3Trophies.org]

Rumours have been going around Rocksteady have been working on a next-gen Batman, right after thay finished development on Arkham City.

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic