Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,478

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

981. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Question does Sony have a any sort of social networking type of features Like Nintendo has with Miiverse and Microsoft has with Upload

Kinda yes but not really.
Everything uploaded to Facebook/Twitter from the PS4 shows up in a mock timeline
for those on your friend list. They can watch the videos and view the pictures on their
PS4 from the home screen under "What's New" without going through Facebook/Twitter.

There's no way of commenting on said media from the PS4 though, it has to be done
through Facebook/Twitter.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

banacheck

982. Posted:

The PS4 has "What's New" if you play a game earn trophies up-load gameplay footage, take screen-shots, stream gameplay, rate a game etc, you'll find all this on "What's New". Sony uses it themselves and developers will be using it too, also each game has it's own page . It shows the trophies you've earned friends that have the game, "recent activities" like your high scores in that game, if you've up-loaded your gameplay etc and what DLC is available for that game. You can up-load your gameplay to Twitch or do a live stream which you can also use Ustream/Twitch, when live streaming people can post comments which you can answer back obviously with the Mic.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

WebHead

983. Posted:

Aside from the Facebook thing not really. Though rumor has it it might be getting it's own version of Playstation Home soon.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

984. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

Aside from the Facebook thing not really. Though rumor has it it might be getting it's own version of Playstation Home soon.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Playstation Home needs to be buried and forgotten along.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

985. Posted:

Does anyone else think that most of the changes in the new Warframe update are horrible? I haven't played in a while becuse I don't like the way things are balanced now. Really made me mad.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, inFamous: Second Son, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

986. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I really hope that doesn't happen. Playstation Home needs to be buried and forgotten along.

I think it was pretty enjoyable for what it was.. at least parts of it. I have some great memories from when events was held in HOME. Such as when they built the E3 stage-floor and you could walk around, chat with other gamers and watch trailers. A "sequel" with the streaming possibilties of the PS4 could problably even let you try out the E3 demos right there in your living room. But yeah.. the whole "The Sims"-aspect of it all became kinda dull pretty fast, especially when they wanted you to buy clothing and furniture..

Wouldnt mind Nintendo making something similar for Wii U. It would be like a blend between Miiverse and.. Nintendo Land?

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

987. Posted:

Falcom announced that they're working on a PS4 game. They haven't said if its a Ys, Legend of Heroes, or a new IP.
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-14642.html

Untitled

Tecmo Koei has the next version of Nobunaga’s Ambition coming to PS4 as a launch title.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/24/nobunagas-ambition-cre...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

988. Posted:

I hope its Ys, there hasn't been a console Ys in a while.

BTW, I'm never reading a DualShocker review from Kenneth Richardson again. Celceta's Music? Bland? Get some ears, man!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

989. Posted:

I played some more war frame, and it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it was (well, at least early in the game.) Im still unhappy they elemental bounses don't always work. The fixed and messed the up the melee though, quick attacks are now usable and take a reasonable amount of time, but charge attacks are way underpowered now do melee is unreliable and broken now. A lot of enemys have to go down with one charges strike or it just doesn't work.

I played down Need for Speed: Rivals and it's pretty good so for. You can't pause during single-player though, which makes me really mad since it's extremely inconvenient to not be able to pause. It's so simple and expected that not halving it is mind boggling. I can't believe they took it out.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, inFamous: Second Son, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

AuthorMessage

Peach64

990. Posted:

Sony have just announced they'd sold 4.2 million units through to customers by December 28. Wow! I didn't think they'd be able to produce that many as I know here in the UK shipments are still selling out before they get to stores.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

WebHead

991. Posted:

Seems hitting that 5 million by the end of march is dead locked now. :)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

2Sang

992. Posted:

I said it once, I'll say it again. PS4 will sell 20 million in the first year.
Sony wins gen 8 in less than 2 months, xbone is the competition for wii u now. C'mon nintendo make the pii u a strong second, it's almost but yet not too late.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

993. Posted:

2Sang wrote:

Sony wins gen 8 in less than 2 months, xbone is the competition for wii u now. C'mon nintendo make the pii u a strong second, it's almost but yet not too late.

Is it? The PS4 has sold 4.1 million so far, and the bone some where in 3 million. As far as I'm concerned both has surpassed Nintendo and that will only continue as potential buyers see the software gap at stores.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Peach64

994. Posted:

I doubt they'd even be able to make 20 million consoles. Console launches and Christmas are two big spikes that kind of came right together, so obviously you're gonna see a big percentage drop for them now. The PS4 and Xbox has both disproven the 'recession is to blame for the Wii U sales' myth, but will the PS4 disprove the 'consoles are dead in Japan' saying? Who knows.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

995. Posted:

2Sang wrote:

I don't think Sony can make them that fast. ;)

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

996. Posted:

Hey, remember how people said there were no games on the Wii U that justified buying one?

Yeah, this proves that people are silly. 4 million units and the best selling game is a cross-gen multiplat.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

997. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Hey, remember how people said there were no games on the Wii U that justified buying one?

Yeah, this proves that people are silly. 4 million units and the best selling game is a cross-gen multiplat.

That was going to happen regardless the only way that Sony would have gotten that title if they launched with uncharted or God of War.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

998. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

The PS4 and Xbox has both disproven the 'recession is to blame for the Wii U sales' myth

It depends on who's words you were heeding.

It's about the software. People think they will be getting more software on powerful machines with the Xbox One and PS4. Those same people think that they won't get get software on a less powerful machine, if they buy a Wii U.

Only time tells. Sales will never indicate any sort of success, unless money is all that matters.

Notice how people still love Sega, even though their hardware is gone. Sales won't or shouldn't change how we feel about any of this.

If you're celebrating, keep it up, because the Wii U's criticism is a factor during the success of these consoles. The question is whether it matters.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

banacheck

999. Posted:

Your kidding yourself if you think sales don't matter, it's one of the reasons why the Wii U was dropped by some companies. There is a lot of software coming out in 2014 and beyond that I don't see coming to the Wii U, so them people are right thay won't be able to play certain software on the Wii U and it's not just one or two games.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Peach64

1,000. Posted:

@SCAR392 You're going off on tangents again. For most of this year, a LOT of people have been saying there's nothing wrong with the Wii U library, but it's selling poorly because nobody can afford luxuries like consoles anymore. I'm just pointing out this isn't the case. Seriously, why are you responding to that statement with 'sales don't matter' when we're discussing sales? Sales don't matter if you're talking about wether or not you're satisfied with Wii U, but that's not what my post was about.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64