Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,561 to 9,580 of 16,083

EvilLucario

If I get DQXI, it'll be on PC or Switch. Just have too much on my plate right now.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

I loved Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 and DQ Builders but the mainline game doesn't appeal to me currently. All about Spiderman this week for me, may do into a bit of Destiny 2 since I got the dlc for free

redd214

Octane

@CanisWolfred There are only four areas, and the last one doesn't open up until you've done the other three. I think you should be able to tell by looking at your map, or your weapons. Which boss fights do you remember?

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@CanisWolfred There are only four areas, and the last one doesn't open up until you've done the other three. I think you should be able to tell by looking at your map, or your weapons. Which boss fights do you remember?

...None of them? Not in any detail, at least...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Welp... I'm replaying Ratchet and Clank.

Or, more precisely, clearing through the New Game+ mode on hard difficulty. I'll probably end up doing three playthroughs. I'll focus on leveling up all of my weapons and whatnot in the second, and use the third to clean up some of the more annoying trophies on easy mode (like having to use the Groovinator on every single enemy type in the game).

The game goes a lot faster when you skip the cinematics, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred prey1 was crazy weird and cool. Prey 2017 is just.... Why did they buy the prey name just to do that with it?

@Ralizah lol, yuuup, that's how it happens . I play nothing in ng+... But that... Yeah, ng+ hard to max those weps (and yes they get even more crazy fun at Max level )

This is the reason i broke down and ordered Spiderman despite not caring at all about marvel anything. Insomniac earned my money

Also, dqxi... Will probably hoard in case switch version ever actually releases (in the West)... But i can't not get the new dq ..

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

NEStalgia wrote:

@CanisWolfred prey1 was crazy weird and cool. Prey 2017 is just.... Why did they buy the prey name just to do that with it?

I've already seen a pretty extensive explanation from GVMERS about the subject. TL;DR - the Prey 2 dev had a falling-out with their publisher, and Bethesda slapped the name on whatever Arkane studios was working on at the time. Not that the result would've been any more original if they had called it something else, it's a pretty derivative clone of System Shock with some pretty graphics and less interesting combat in an effort to bolster some pretty weak horror elements. Seriously, the first few hours is just "Jump Scares: The Game"...

It's pretty insulting to fans of the original. Sure, the first level was spooky, but it gave way to a pretty interesting story, great gunplay, and quite a few creative ideas in its level design, the latter of which I've yet to see topped by another shooter. At least the original is backwards compatible with an Xbox One, so it's not lost to the ages just yet...but it's certainly a legacy we'll probably never see followed up on, and that's a tragedy, IMO...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

As expected Spiderman is getting glowing reviews from all over, so excited for Friday!!

redd214

Dezzy

Henry Cavill just got cast as Geralt in the Witcher TV series. Lol he literally said in an IGN interview a while back that he loved the Witcher.
Ok so I didn't know which thread this should go in.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy He's the Superman dude, right? Isn't he a bit young?

Octane

Octane

@Ralizah But the puddles..!

@Yosheel True. We'll see..! I'm cautiously optimistic. I just don't want them to screw it up.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yep and yep. He's like 30. I would've thought a 50 year old would be better.
He also doesn't have the rugged look. He looks like a Calvin Klein model.

-Green-

I’m skipping Spooder Man. I don’t really have an interest in it. In all honestly, the next PS4 game I’m probably gonna go and get is the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

It feels like a crap complaint but Spiderman just feels way too much like a new skin on an Arkham game to me.
After Arkham City I almost completely lost interest in those games cos it just felt like it had been perfected and that was the end of it. It's not the sort of game I want to keep replaying for some reason.

diwdiws

Been playing DQ XI, i think i understand the difficulty of porting this to the Switch. This games makes BOTW look plain and ugly. And i found BOTW to be artistically beautiful.

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic