Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,541 to 9,560 of 16,083

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

Too many games this quarter so I doubt I'll be getting it anyway. If Spyro lied about the graphics, THAT would annoy me though. Given that the graphical upgrade is the main part of its entire reason for being.

After all, they did downgrade the Witcher 3 graphics from some of the preview trailers and after about a day people stopped caring because the game was so good anyway.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

@Dezzy I mean, I'm perfectly convinced Spier-Man will have a GOTY edition in less than 6 months, or at least be at a significantly lower price, so I certainly encourage you to focus on whatever you're most excited for. It's like with any good Spider-Man comic arc: just wait for when you can get it all at one package. That way it's cheaper, and you won't have spend months trying to keep up with a fairly miniscule amount of content and confusing sidestories/tie-ins.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Unless you're especially excited to play something, there's basically no reason to pick up PS4 exclusives at launch, since you know the price will plummet to ridiculously low prices months later.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@Ralizah

What makes you say that for PS4 exclusives specifically? God of War is still pretty much going for full price.

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

@Ralizah

What makes you say that for PS4 exclusives specifically? God of War is still pretty much going for full price.

It also came out, like, 4 months ago, dude. And is pretty popular. Just give it until the October rush sets in, and store owners need to make room on their shelves before Black Friday.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

Ni No Kuni 2 is already half it's original price.

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Ni No Kuni 2 is already half it's original price.

It's also not an excusive since its on the PC...

Athough, I guess that does further emphasis that you really shouldn't buy a game at full price ever? I mean, every game seems to drop in price pretty quick these days, and they keep rereleasing them with more content that also wanted you to buy seperately down the line via DLC or Season passes...may as well just say, "oh that game's out now? Okay, I'll try to pencil it in for 6 months from now." There's literally no downsides anymore. It's only a net gain.

I mean, I guess there's the usual downsides related to social behaviour that applies to most activities, all of which just make me thankful I'm not socially inclined.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@Dezzy God of War went on sale for $35 on PSN recently. A popular game that came out a few months ago. Horizon is $20 now for the GOTY edition and goes on sale for even less. Yakuza 0, Persona 5, and Gravity Rush 2 all sink to $20.

Et cetera

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy God of War went on sale for $35 on PSN recently.

Wait, when? Where? I thought it had, but I couldn't find any evidence to back that up...I know plenty of other PS4 exclusives have had similarly steep sales, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

EvilLucario

@CanisWolfred Then on the other side, you have Nintendo who barely drop prices or does sales period lol. At most maybe 25% like they did for BotW and Splatoon at E3 2018, but that's it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

@EvilLucario yeah nintendo is nuts with that sometimes. I remember New Super Mario U still had a $60 retail price the month the switch released!

redd214

EvilLucario

@redd214 It is 20 bucks in Europe as a Nintendo Select apparently, but not in America. Yet 3D World is a Select everywhere lol.

But on the other hand, it means I'm perfectly safe buying a game Day 1 and not get ****ed over by a deep 50%-75% discount months down the line. So that's a silver lining for me.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

I prefer the games that drop in price. Especially since that makes it way easier to pick something up just to try it out, or you know, getting a game you don't feel confident paying full price for. I know that at this rate I'm never going to get ARMS or Kirby lol.

Octane

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

Lol I don't think anyone noticed it was on PC tbh.

Yeah I buy almost no games at full price. Maybe 1 or 2 a year. Any Zelda or mainline Final Fantasy I'll buy at launch because those are my favourite series. After that, it's just the occasional game like Red Dead 2 that I'll get at launch.
Most other games you can just wait 6 months and they'll be close to half price.

Edited on by Dezzy

KirbyTheVampire

Red Dead 2 is one of those games that I'm buying the Complete Edition of, rather than buying day one. I'm not interested in having to pre-order the game in order to actually get the entire game. That's just shady.

As for Spider-Man, I'll be there day one, provided it reviews well. I've only bought 2 games this year, one of which was only 30 dollars or so, and I'm itching for something to play.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Octane

I want to say I've bought zero so far, but then I remembered all the games I played before the summer. I'm getting Spidey later this week. If the DLC is any good (it's €25, kinda pricey IMO), I'll just trade it in and get the complete edition next year. I'm also buying Dragon Quest this week. The big question is, which one should I play first?

Octane

CanisWolfred

Dragon Quest XI will probably be my life this month, once it arrives.

Trying to find something to tide me over has been...difficult...

I tried Prey (2017) for a few hours...and it's a worse BioShock. I'm not really sure why I bought this? I didn't actually like BioShock, so...that was a waste...

Went on to Nioh: Complete Edition after that. Wasn't exactly in the mood to deal with a stamina guage today, though. Made a decent amount of progress, at least.

Might go for Hyper Light Drifter next, before finishing up Super Metroid later this week, hopefully allong with Ace Attorney. Meanwhile, I'll be making Night in the Woods my "evening" game, to wind down with.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred Hyper Light Drifter is really good. One of my personal highlights of 2016.

Octane

Dezzy

I might get Dragon Quest at launch actually.

My only question is whether I can play that whilst trying to finish Red Dead 1 before Red Dead 2 comes out. I'm at the part where you go into Mexico. Think that's like half-way through the game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic