Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,261 to 9,280 of 16,083

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I had to look up what a red solo cup was, ok. blows raspberry Dude, what do you want from me: I went to a Catholic university for Astrophysics. I never even went to a party and frats weren't allowed at on campus (we have a monastery on site so yeah, hard to explain that to Father Donahue in the morning LOL). I had never personally seen a frat house till I did security at Duke University part time. (and I spent more time wrangling drunks after the fact than seeing them with cups).

Redneck wine glasses... see this is why I'm an introvert...I don't understand people.

Sigh, that's why I didn't buy it day one...I knew it would sit. But if I can get it for 20...why not...it can go in the database...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

@Ryu_Niiyama @NEStalgia Amazon is a bit weird with Sony stuff. They didn't stock PS+ vouchers for a long time either. So maybe it's just something between them. I don't think it's sold out in other stores.

@NEStalgia Don't worry, they're not very common, and they don't sound as bad as they do. It's well implemented as far as motion-based QTEs go.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama LOL, you know, I thought I was the squarest person in the world. I have lost my crown Not that I've participated or been present at such things myself, but sadly not living far from a college town, I'm familiar with the effects, including flipped over cars after sports wins/losses, and the fact that the roads sound and look like Need for Speed: PSVR Edition, especially late August/September (ughh...I get to look forward to that soon....) Still the solo cups are kind of "dad joke" territory at this point (Plus no doubt it's all over Far Cry 5...not sure yet, it's in the backlog, mostly for coop) I mean everyone knows that one...I'm a decade behind the times here! I've even had vodka flung at me out of car windows.....good times.... Probably a freaking red Solo cup.... So, yeah....introverts rule!

Yeah, for $20 it's a steal. I paid $30 or $40 for digital (more for the collectors tin of course....I'm a sucker for steelbooks. I want Yakuza Kiwami 2 digital to complete my Yakuza digital collection (except for the PS3 ones of course), and yet....Steelbook for the same price....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Octane There's something between Amazon and almost everyone. Remember them not stocking Nintendo hardware for almost an entire generation? PS cards come in and out of stock randomly. I guess they're good at stocking MS stuff? It probably helps they're located near each other. (so is Nintendo....sortof.)

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia We don't have Amazon, so I don't follow it closely, just what I happen to read about it here and there!

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I'm not square at all. I had a buddy that broke his hand because he got so drunk he was trying to gain access to the girl's floor of the dorm and when the door wouldn't open he punched it repeatedly until his hand was a pulpy mass. That's not cool. That's stupid.

If somebody wants to waste money drinking they can do that, but I have road trips to take, concerts and museums to go to, languages to learn, music to play, furniture to build, stars to observe, books to read, video games to play and programming languages to study.

I'm not going to glorify stupidity just because I choose to be more productive with my time.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I had a buddy that broke his hand because he got so drunk he was trying to gain access to the girl's floor of the dorm

That reminds me, I'm gonna go watch some anime.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Octane I didn't think there was anywhere on earth amazon hadn't conquered!

Yeah after the 3DS launch and before the WiiU launch it got weird and Amazon pulled all Nintendo hardware, but still sold accessories and games. This went on for years. Just before Switch launched WiiUs and 3DSs suddenly showed up again. It was a scalpers paradise for years prior. More recently the Sony cards randomly are in stock or out of stock.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

I check here every 4 hours last week, and this thread is so dead I genuinely consiered going to PushSquare for more than 2 seconds.

I leave this thread alone for a day, and I have 4 pages to catch up on.

Re: PushSquare Sammy's fanatical Sony fanboyism: Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious, and one of the main reason I don't bother going there, along with how amateurishly the articles are presented - often betraying the author's bais well before even clicking the link, and every news article reads like an opinion piece on a personal blog that they don't actually expect anyone to read - as well as the community itself that I don't ever want to interact with ever again. Both could be seen as the fault of the editor's ineptitude, however. Either way, I honestly hope this is the last time I ever even feel an inkling to bring that site up again, since it seems like everyone's on the same page as to what's wrong with it, and I now just want it to swiftly fade from my memory, like a bad dream that woke me up in the dead of night.

Re: Motion Controls - Good for everyone who is coordinated enough to use any control method that requires moving more than your own thumb efficiently. Meanwhile, I'll continue to get by with my standard Twin Stick/D-Pad and Face Buttons control method, because I've already wasted too many hours of my life trying to relearn how to shoot a guy in the face via means that may as well have been concieved by aliens as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Sony half Heartedly trying anything new only to abandon it two minutes later - Despite my previous statement, I do have to wonder what goes on that convinces them to be so wasteful? It's like they concieved of the Move, PS Eye, Vita, etc. as a seasonal toy line, instead of actual long-term products. At least it seems like they've learned their lesson with PS VR, which still seems to get regular support. Though I guess it helps that it actually works as a powerful but relatively affordable VR system - if you've already bought a PS4, that is.

Re: Ni no Kuni II - wait, that's gone on sale already? I'll have to keep my eye out to see if any more deals pop up...I did just seem them advertise new DLC expansions, though, so maybe I should just hold out for a complete edition? It's worked for everything else on the PS4...

Re: PS4 Gaming - Been playing a lot of Dragon's Crown Pro with an associate. Got through Act 1 and had a generally good time. He's even considering getting it himself so we can play online instead of just two hours a week usually have to play it at my apartment.

Really, just been messing around with a bunch of different games, albeit with minimal progress:

• Wipeout Omega Collection
  • Street Fighter V
  • Dead or Alive 5: The Last Round
  • Paladins: Champions of the Realm
  • Warframe

I also beat Ratchet & Clank (PS4) two weeks ago. Dunno if I remembered to mention that. First game I've beaten all year....yeah, I haven't been focusing on singleplayer much this year.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

More Tomb Raider footage. Although I think I've seen enough at this point. It's basically more of the same from the last 2 games.

I do like that they've made Lara more muscular though. She looks less out of place climbing a cliff now.

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred Oh my God the community on PS. I stated a simple statement, and they lashed out at me like it was an opinion. Like...wut.

Oh yeah it was on the Japan sales charts, that they almost want to make an obituary with the way they act (They also seem to not grasp the concept that a system will inevitably slow down in sales like PS4 has in Japan. They ignore the near 7m systems sold and focus on "Wah only 20k this week boo Nintendo".

Anyway a guy replied to my observation about Taiko no Tatsujin with "Did Sony p*** you off you cry baby?" and I was like....sorry what? Did I say anything opinion? Did I complain? What did I do?

Oh my God and the way they write some things. I have my own personal self-run site and I even manage to be more professional, and I'm not even trained in writing beyond A Level Economics structure.

They genuinely asked a question, about Why do people suddenly want portable gaming after the Vita failed, and they painted a picture it has no merits, and to anyone with a brain a question like that should be answered "People want different things". But to them, they wonder why it exists, why it has to be around, proving that Sony made mis-steps and they wont own up to the fact handheld gaming ISNT dead, simply smaller but still comparable to home console numbers, with the exception of their failed system.

Though thats an attitude I just see in general regarding the Vita. Like one thing paints a whole picture apparently.

Hell when it was revealed Sony finally removed the $5 minimum limit on PSN, they were like "Lets call out this guy who has been asking for this for years IN THE ARTICLE and then the staff go down and say things like "Why is this necessary to be removed"?

Its because people dont like spending more the necessary you dimwits!!!

God Sony fanboys, or fanboys in general really, drive me freaking insane.

Anyway regarding motion, its a learned thing. Some games do it well, others, like Fortnite, Id rather claw my eyes out. Its a balance between sensitivity and FPS actually.

And I can tell you what convinces them to be so wasteful over at Sony. Hubris. "It has PS on the box, we dont need to market it, itll sell itself", not having learned from the end of the PS2 era that name means jack all.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

CanisWolfred

@Knuckles-Fajita - Like I said, the learning curve is too much for me. I remember handling it well enough in Metroid Prime 3, but going back to it years later always meant taking hours to get adjusted to it, whereas it would usually take a couple minutes whenever I go back to the Gamecube games. Maybe it's just me, but nothing about motion controls have ever felt natural no matter what game it's in. Yes, even Skyward Sword. After Breath of the Wild and the Twilight Princess remaster, I never want to go back to motion-controlled swords and Bows ever again.

You might be right about the hubris bit. Again, I hope they learned their lesson. There's almost 2 decades that are littered with the corpses of their good ideas that they failed to threw out onto the market just to forget about it a year later, if not sooner.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred If the rumours of them exclusively using Navi GPUs from AMD are true in the PS5...well the system will have to cost more and because the hardware is effectively proprietary then development will cost more and be harder even if it IS AMD.

But if they exckusively have Navi then that means Xbox has only one option. A cheaper, off the shelf, known to developers GPU.

Because Sony has yet to realise despite the PS2 selling really well, proprietary = bad.

And the PS2 disnt sell well because of being proprietary

Grumblevolcano

@CanisWolfred I don't think any of the big 3 will fully learn.

Sony - PS5 era ends up a repeat of the PS3 era
Microsoft - The Xbox after Scarlet has some 2013 XB1 type controversy
Nintendo - 2018's Switch lineup is apparently very strong according to them

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano I keep seeing YouTubers talking about Nintendo having very exciting games that arent yet announced coming out this year but the fact they never elaborate tells me all I need to know about that.

Things are cyclical. Alternating consoles for Sony, peripherals aside, Xbox god knows and Nintendo can only manage one good year from every 5.

Octane

Well, we shall see. I can't really worry about what any of them is going to do a few years from now. It's impossible to say. Especially without any concrete rumours.

Octane

Dezzy

More Darksiders 3 footage, although seems to be the exact same areas as before. Haven't seen much environmental variety in this yet:

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita Let's be real, PS2 sold well because it was the cheapest DVD player on the planet.

@Grumblevolcano I definitely see PS5 being PS3 redux. That's a terrifying thought. XBox I think is basically doing the "we just sell boxed PCs" route....which isn't such a bad thing now that Sony's trying that but doing it wrong. Nintendo....nobody can pull defeat from the jaws of victory like NIntendo.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@redd214 Haha, I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a great console with a great library, but the off-the charts success was heavily affected by hardware sales as a cheap DVD player. Just as PSX was heavily oversold as a cheap CD player. That was intentional by Sony to have gamers foot the bill for adoption of their disc formats, so they knew that was an expected result. But it definitely skewed numbers in ways that modern consoles aren't affected by (which makes PS4 sales that much more amazing.)

Ooohh Mafia 3 for free? That's awesome, I almost included that in my list of games last week for XBox's huge sale after the trailer looked intriguing and then removed it for, what, $20+ when I thought about it more and realized it looked like a good movie that may or may not have a video game attached. I liked the idea but couldn't get myself to buy it as a non-game. But free is awesome! Got to admit, + freebies have been getting pretty decent (Heavy Rain opinions aside) recently after a long slump. X1 has been mostly slumpy but picks up for August with For Honor (poor Ubisoft...now they have to give the game away and it's still one of their big titles....what's next, R6 Siege for free?) I already owned it though so Sony wins my heart this month.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic