Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 9,001 to 9,020 of 16,083

link3710

@CanisWolfred Yeah, they can't just make up their own codes. They buy them in bulk from Sony.

link3710

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

I mentioned it on the previous page and no-one cared, lol.

Well I care anyway!

...Actually, I missed an entire page. Whoops. Well, now the PSN card stuff makes more sense...

But yeah, I got the physical copies of all the sale stuff I wanted via Amazon and Gamestop. Nier: Automata, Shadow of the Colossus, Wolfenstein II (...even though I said I wouldn't get it, I couldn't resist at $20...), Yakuza 6, and Dragon Ball FighterZ, though the latter was temporarily out of stock on Amazon. I probably should've looked on Gamestop first...wait, why can only find the special editions on GS' website? And the digital downloa- oh...because it's out of stock there, too...

EDIT: Screw it. Canceled my Gamestop order (because screw that extra shipping charge. I just saved almost $6 on Shadow of the Colossus by getting it digitally), and I removed Wolfenstein II from my Amazon order. I forgot I bought another game recently, so I'm putting over $200 on my card just for games...that's about my Gaming Budget for the month...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred I'm going the other way. Double that during this months sales and then next to nothing for months other than ys, octo, aces, and shining resonance, 3 of which are already paid for . I've bought enough games on 3 platforms to last until the ps5 pro and xbox 2 y get a discount.

And i don't need ryu temping me with scuf junk

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia I don't know, I've known them pretty much all my life! These are the new ones that have cameras inside them. The old ones required you to enter a code, and they would give you a randomised number in return. Same principle, but a bit less convenient. They also run on a battery that seemingly lasts a lifetime

And yeah, I'm familiar with credit cards, and I'm still surprised that all I have to do is copy the numbers on the card onto my screen and it works.

I guess the one-click payout is what PayPal does really well. I appreciate it, but it always feels a bit more safer when I handle it personally. I believe there's an app that let your phone act as one of those scanners, but I'm a bit more old-fashioned, and I prefer it this way. It's not as if I'm making online transactions on a daily basis anyway. Maybe once a week, and it's done within a minute.

Octane

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred just wait until you have 5 different streaming subscriptions, or an all inclusive package from your phone company for $135mo plus taxes, fees, and charges!

@ralizah odd, it looks like horizon is no longer listed in the days of play sale and 20 now shows as the regular price! Weird price drop for a supposedly successful game

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

@NEStalgia I have a pre-paid phone and only subscribe to two anime services for that very reason.

Also, I canceled Dragon Ball FighterZ. I'm sure there'll be a package with all the DLC sooner or later. No need to jump on it now, even if I am excited for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I noticed that. VERY weird. The game definitely didn't bomb, and it reviewed pretty well. I can't imagine it'll stay at this price point forever, though, so I'll likely jump at this price. Glad I was patient.

We'll see how long it takes God of War to dip to $20.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah got to admit, i have the disc and dlc... But I'm tempted at that price to double dip for digital. Assuming it's really not just the permanent price now? GoW, maybe next e3 for 20 if it follows horizon. I doubt it though. GoW is a system definer, horizon seems close to becoming a plus freebie because i don't know.

@CanisWolfred no, that IS the complete edition for 20. Incomplete seems to be longer be for sale on psn.

So.... i still hate (hate hate hate hate) horror, suspense, zombies. Tlou does nothing at all for me... Yet everyone raves about it... And it's 10. For someone who hate hate hates zombies, suspense, and horror.... Is 10 still not worth it?

Also ralizah: what do you think of nioh? Looks interesting but since we're kind of in the same page with soulsborne i was curious your take (not on sale)

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

@NEStalgia On top of what Tsurii said: It's really fun, with difficult challenges that you have a myriad of fun tools to utilize as you try to overcome them, all packaged together in a historical(-esque) setting, with some cheesy dialogue thrown in here and there as a bonus. It's not a masterpiece, but it's more hardcore action goodness I've come to expect from Ninja Team.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Anyone else disappointed by the reveal trailer for Cyberpunk 2077? I was hoping for something dark and atmospheric, like Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell, but this reminded me more of something like Watch Dogs 2, down to the generic-looking protagonist.

@NEStalgia I played the beta for Nioh. It was... interesting. I liked the fact that the game is comprised of smaller, interconnected areas you can select on a world map as opposed to the more open-world feel of Soulsborne. The combat and mechanics are definitely a lot more interesting, but the beta didn't explain stuff very well. There's a lot to it. It also has more loot and equipment to find.

What I played felt a lot like a cross between Ninja Gaiden and Bloodborne. I definitely didn't fall in love with it, but I think you might enjoy it more than Soulsborne games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

Anyone else disappointed by the reveal trailer for Cyberpunk 2077? I was hoping for something dark and atmospheric, like Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell, but this reminded me more of something like Watch Dogs 2, down to the generic-looking protagonist.

No.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I'm not sure what's worse, trying to convince people it looked like Watch Dogs 2, or not wanting a game to be like Watch Dogs 2.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Actually, I can do better:

Ralizah wrote:

Anyone else disappointed by the reveal trailer for Cyberpunk 2077?

No, I was not. It looked a lot better than the previous teaser trailer.

Ralizah wrote:

I was hoping for something dark and atmospheric, like Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell,

No, Blade Runner-esque experiences are a dime-a-dozen and tend to feel too much like dystopia, which I personally find does not lead to an interesting game world outside of specific circumstances. At the very least, Deus Ex already does the dark, Blade Runner-esque cyberpunk well enough, but I couldn't see it being as interesting if you weren't a future cyborg cop dealing with other cyborgs. At the very least, it's been a more focused narrative, and I was hoping that they'd better utilize the strength of the Cyberpunk 2077 universe, and offer more varity to what you do in it - maybe a character you create yourself, or at least some way to intigrate different elements of the setting.

Personally speaking, what I find most fascinating about cyberpunk stories are the sci-fi elements - how has society changed due to these technical advancements? Not just improved, but how does it effect the average joe? Cyberpunk gets to show more of how crime has evolved, but, almost moreso, it also shows how it can foster different sub-cultures, which I rarely see get much focus in other genres. Sub-cultures and people who go against the grain help make the world feel more alive, and the trailer really seemed to focus on that. Just from a gaming standpoint, they did a great job of making their world seem inviting - which is paramount for what we assume is a sprawling open world roleplaying game.

Ralizah wrote:

but this reminded me more of something like Watch Dogs 2, down to the generic-looking protagonist.

No, I didn't get that impression. Then again, I'm familiar enough with Ubisoft's storytelling that it's hard for me to even think of comparing them. Ubi doesn't know how to craft an interesting sci-fi setting. They lean too heavily on tropes, but more importantly, they seem to have a very depressing vision of the future, where everything is deeply oppressive and just stiffling to experience, both for its characters, and its players. Even if you're supposed to be the underdog, I don't find it interesting to explore a futuristic Chicago that feels like Soviet Moscow, albeit with poorly-explained hackable moving parts that really seem like a bad idea in general, just from a maintainence standpoint...

At the very least, the only parts that were comparable were the things that Ubi half-heartedly inserted into Watch_Dogs 2 in an effort to add some personality to their otherwise forgettable series - and then I think Cyberpunk 2077 did a far more convincing job of conveying that sort of punk personality that I do find intriguing, and works with this type of setting.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KirbyTheVampire

@CanisWolfred I agree with this. Dystopian futuristic settings always seem very similar and follow pretty samey plot points, like government oppression and whatnot. At least in less dystopian settings, there's more potential for variety in plot points.

KirbyTheVampire

redd214

@Ralizah I thought the Cyberpunk trailer was terrific. I still want to see combat as that was one of the biggest reasons I couldn't get into the Witcher 3. Definitely got me more interested in the game.

redd214

Octane

@Ralizah I'll be the only one to agree with you then (ironically, because I do recall us both being very excited for the potential of Cyberpunk 2077). I don't think it looks bad, but definitely way more jolly than what they showed in their teaser. Now, it can't be always nighttime, and I'm still hoping for dark and gritty underpasses and underground areas. Oh well, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they have proved that they know what they're doing. It was more of a teaser trailer anyway. I don't think it's a 2019 title, 2020 maybe?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic