Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,961 to 8,980 of 16,084

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred Generations isnt a main Monster Hunter game at this point. In fact its not even published by Capcom apparently.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

They are called side missions for a reason. They may be part of the main experience for you, but I know plenty of people who never do side missions in open world games, just the story and it works for them. If they're the best then so be it, you will have missed out. I can think of a couple games where Dlc portions were superior to the main game. If someone didn't pay to experience that, well then the missed out, simple as that in my mind.

Game companies do crappy things sometimes but I just can't get down with the constant outrage over damn near everything with gamers nowadays. This just doesn't seem like a big deal at all imo. I'm not a RD fan so I'm not part of the fan boy defense force, just seems like people literally look for things to get upset about without thinking reasonably.

You can't judge that until you know exactly what the game's like. In some games, the sidequests are largely irrelevant time wasting (e.g FFXV) but in some games the sidequests are where most of the worldbuilding and character development occurs (e.g Xenoblade X).

And I'm not being outraged. I'm just saying I spend my money in ways that disincentivize bad policies. That's why I hardly ever buy an EA, Activision or Ubisoft game at launch. That's not outrage either. I barely ever mention that fact. It's just become part of my routine.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NaviAndMii

redd214 wrote:

Tetris Effect, coming fall 2018 😐

$400 for a Pro, $250 for PSVR all worth it so I can play...... Tetris for the 20th time 😂

Gorgeous trailer! ..looks like a game I'd have enjoyed a lot in my - erm - experimental younger years

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The 2 Atlus games announced today are the Persona 3 and 5 dancing games for PS4 and Vita.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

Days Gone release date February 22nd. Game is certainly not my cup of tea but I is definitely a big exclusive for early 2019.

redd214

Haruki_NLI

So can we put Dreams in the same category as Crackdown 3 as games that are never coming out? Seriously. I know we have seen more of Dreams than Crackdown but we've been hearing about it just as long if not longer, a beta that never happened and a release that doesn't seem to get any closer.

CanisWolfred

You know, I'm getting sick of survival games, but Generation Zero looks like a twist I could get behind. You have an end goal, and you don't have to rush through it, since enemies have persistant damage. I'll have to hear more about the gameplay, but if it's not yet-another-meter-watching-simulator, I'd definitely be all for it.

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

@CanisWolfred Generations isnt a main Monster Hunter game at this point. In fact its not even published by Capcom apparently.

....What are you talking about? It's an expansion of Monster Hunters Generations, which was a celebration of the series, it still plays like the mainline games and contributed to elements seen later in Monster Hunter: World, last I checked. And I don't know how in the world you thought anyone else was involved with the development and publishing of Generations or Ultimate. It's the same game that was a hit in Japan, twice. I'm not talking about Monster Hunter Stories, I'm talking about another mainline Monster Hunter on a Nintendo console, a game about hunting monsterwith careful preparation, intense and challenging action combat -not just another I Can't Believe It's Not Pokemon Dinosaur King Fossil Hunters Spectrobes Digimon Monster Ranchers experience that Stories put out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

They're both main series (World and Generations), think of it like World is the MH equivalent of Pokemon Let's Go and Generations Ultimate is the MH equivalent of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred Okay let me word it like this. It IS a main series Monster Hunter game, but its not current. It'd be like if Pokemon Generation 8 arrived and was followed by a re-release of Generation 6 exactly as is,

Dunno where I saw Nintendo was publishing Generations Ultimate. Guess I just assumed given, you know, Nintendo routinely has to foot the bill for Capcom.

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

World is the MH equivalent of Pokemon Let's Go

...No, it really isn't...World is just the next mainline entry after Generations.

@Knuckles-Fajita I also didn't say it was the next main-line title, now did I? I said it was a main-line title. Another entry that I had not experienced, since Ultimate has new content that never made it outside Japan before, that is sharing the stage with other noteworthy Capcom games.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

@CanisWolfred The Let's Go games are core Pokemon games and just like MH World, veteran fans may not enjoy because of decisions made so it can appeal to a wider audience.

Grumblevolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano They're remakes, heavily influences by Pokemon GO. Chances are that stats and levels don't work like they used to, since Masuda talked about simplifying things. Whilst I wouldn't say it's a spin-off in the sense that Pokemon Ranger is, it's certainly not on par with the mainline games they've made so far.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane If Let's Go and Gen 8 does well they'll keep both going just like if MHGU does well, Switch will probably get a line of games that follow on from Generations meanwhile the other consoles get another World type game to follow on from the success of World.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@CanisWolfred The Let's Go games are core Pokemon games and just like MH World, veteran fans may not enjoy because of decisions made so it can appeal to a wider audience.

...What decisions? The decision to remove the loading screens between zones? The decision to put it on consoles & PC instead of handhelds? The decision to add drop-in multiplayer? (I think that's how it works...I honestly stopped signing in after I realized I couldn't filter out those "x player is now online" messeges to just people I knew) The decision to make quality-of-life changes that removed a lot of arbitrary mechanics, some of which made no sense and had no positive benefit to the overall experience or intended goals of the game?

I thought those were the types of things people expected from a sequel. Now I know better. Thank you for informing me any change whatsoever is going to be so unconvential to a Monster Hunter fan as to be comparable to "Pokemon Go: Console Edition."

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

@CanisWolfred I was thinking more about stuff like how World has a very poor postgame and less monster variety. With Pokemon Let's Go, you can't even evolve your gen 1 Pokemon fully (like you can't evolve Golbat into Crobat).

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

It’s time for for my internet to go down as my partner and I are finally moving this weekend!

Thankfully, I am not too bothered about E3 this year, especially when I look at the ridiculous number of games I would like to buy in September alone ~ Dragon Quest XI, Shenmue I & II, Soul Calibur VI, Spider-Man, Spyro the Dragon Trilogy, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS.

I hope you guys enjoy the E3 conference(s) as well as all the hype and/or disappointment that follows.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Hah, you picked a great time to move

I know what it is like, I always mark E3 on my calendar. But in the end it's one of the busiest weekends of the year. This year I've got house-warming parties, mandatory after-work drinks, and more. So I'll be missing half of the conferences. It doesn't help that Sony's is in the middle of the night!

Anyway, good luck and have fun! Even though moving is usually one of my least favourite things to do!

Octane

Haru17

Grumblevolcano wrote:

They're both main series (World and Generations), think of it like World is the MH equivalent of Pokemon Let's Go and Generations Ultimate is the MH equivalent of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

I mean, if anything it would be the other way around. But Generations is more like how Arkham: Origins was made by a different team with a different intent than the main series while Rocksteady used their probably larger budget and built up experience to make Arkham: Knight. This happens in any big series a publisher wants to put out more often.

I think Capcom – who currently run a successful MMO based on the second generation of Monster Hunter games – would realize that it would be a mistake to split the series once more and strand Nintendo systems in 4th gen's limitations. I'd imagine the portable MH team is working with the 5th gen MT Framework and code to make a Switch game, hopefully without the environments and art style suffering too much.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

link3710

So anyone have a clue what Twin Mirror actually is? It's an intriguing sounding premise but... what is the actual game?

link3710

Octane

@link3710 Same devs that made Life is Strange, so probably something like that.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic