Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,941 to 8,960 of 16,083

TuVictus

Geez, that's a big bummer. I'm not a RD or Rockstar fan in general, but I know how many people were looking forward to the game. I'm sure they still are, but it's bad when the game you want does shady stuff

TuVictus

Octane

They've gone full Ubisoft on that game. I'll happily wait for the Complete Edition next year!

Octane

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

@Dezzy Rockstar stated its not part of the main story. It's two optional side missions, in a game that's going to be gigantic probably. Some buffs, cosmetics and a couple weapons. Hardly the end of the world. If people are willing to pay more they should get more, seems reasonable to me. Just my opinion though.

Right, but in an open world game, side missions ARE part of the main game. Part of the main experience anyway.
It's not consoling to say they're just optional. What if they're the best side-missions in the whole game?

I'm fine with additional paid content that's made after the game releases. But no-one should ever do it beforehand. Even more annoying that it's Rockstar, given that the previous business model was working just fine for them. GTA5 is the highest grossing game of all time I believe.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Gamer83

@Dezzy
General consensus seems to be Detroit: Become Human is one of David Cage's better games. I'd definitely take it over Heavy Rain (haven't played Beyond: Two Souls, watched it being played and thought the story was meh). Detroit's 'gameplay' feels like less of a chore, the world is more fun to explore and the characters, main and supporting, are actually likeable.

Gamer83

redd214

Dezzy wrote:

Right, but in an open world game, side missions ARE part of the main game. Part of the main experience anyway.
It's not consoling to say they're just optional. What if they're the best side-missions in the whole game?

I'm fine with additional paid content that's made after the game releases. But no-one should ever do it beforehand.

They are called side missions for a reason. They may be part of the main experience for you, but I know plenty of people who never do side missions in open world games, just the story and it works for them. If they're the best then so be it, you will have missed out. I can think of a couple games where Dlc portions were superior to the main game. If someone didn't pay to experience that, well then the missed out, simple as that in my mind.

I think about it like dvd/bluray releases. They have the standard version which is just the movie then the special/collectors edition which has all the behind the scenes and making of stuff. If someone is really into it and is willing to pay more money to get more content what's the issue? If I just buy the standard one, it doesn't effect my movie watching and my enjoyment if they got more than I did.

Game companies do crappy things sometimes but I just can't get down with the constant outrage over damn near everything with gamers nowadays. This just doesn't seem like a big deal at all imo. I'm not a RD fan so I'm not part of the fan boy defense force, just seems like people literally look for things to get upset about without thinking reasonably.

I'd venture to say most DLC is made or at least in the planning stages before the game even goes gold nowadays.

Honestly will just leave it at that. We're not going to change each other's minds it seems so we can agree to disagree. 😊

As an aside ebay is having a 20% off everything sale (May be US only didn't check) You can get a Pro for $320 @mowerdude!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

KirbyTheVampire

@redd214 There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind and being annoyed by things. This whole pacifistic mindset of "Oh well, could be worse" is what results in companies feeling free to do this predatory behaviour. The only reason EA is backpeddling a little on micro-transactions (for now) is because there was such a massive outrage against Battlefront 1 and 2. If we all just sighed and went about our business, that would never have happened.

Even if locking a couple side-missions behind a paywall isn't the most terrible thing ever, you can't justify it or say that we should just get over it. Some of us want complete games when we pay for them. If you're fine with paying full price for incomplete experiences, more power to you, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

redd214

@KirbyTheVampire keep speaking you mind 😊

I didn't say just lay down and take it. To clarify its moreso of people making mountains out of molehills. Not everything requires a tweetstorm of outrage. I agree some things do (ea, loot boxes, and battlefront) but I don't think this warrants it in my opinion.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

KirbyTheVampire

@redd214 It might not, but it's basically the only way to reach the ears of these companies. If only a few people do it, they'll probably just brush it off.

KirbyTheVampire

Octane

Let's be honest, if this was EA, everyone would be talking about it. But Red Dead seems to be getting a free pass. They've gone full Ubisoft on the special editions, a $100 edition with no game, limited pre-order bonuses, day-one DLC, there's probably micro-transactions too. The only thing that's missing it loot boxes (as far as I know). If they want to make a €80 game, fine, but charge me €80 for it and don't pretend the rest isn't as important because it's all ''optional''. When they do it like this, I much rather wait for the complete edition next year that comes with everything for a few tenners.

Speaking of EA, did they ever release the second part of the Battlefront II campaign?

Octane

NEStalgia

@redd214 @Octane Aww, I happen to really like the Knack games for some reason. Sure they're kind of chill, but they're likable somehow. I don't get the hate.

@Octane If it's anything like a Ubisoft game, year 1 is the $60 closed beta with limited content, or $100 closed beta with a promise of getting the rest of the content when available. Year 2 is $40 for all of it, and a release build. Year three is the above for $15.

I learned my lesson with FFXV. Bought the $60 disc. It would take another $40 of DLC to make the complete game. So I just bought the full game for $45 on XBox.....last time I buy 3rd parties at launch, ever.

@KirbyTheVampire Amen. I don't understand when consumers learned to become serfs and accept the will of their masters as inescapable fate.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Octane Cant you wait for games that charge you per hour? Might as well bring back the arcade.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia I'm the same man got knack day one on the ps4. My kids and I have had hours of fun with them. We got the platinum in Knack 1 working on in the sequel. I don't get the hate either. Sure they aren't revolutionary and changing 3d platformers but they're a good time.

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 We may be the only two on the internet, but at least there's someone else that likes Knack!

Knack was the only launch game I really liked. Killzone was meh. Second Son was the first "real" PS4 game other than Knack to me

I just got Knack 2 among other things with my 20% coupon from watching the Detroit trailer. Looking forward to it at some point

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia lol we actually may be. Resogun was another good launch game but was definitely slim pickings at the beginning.

Loving those 20% off codes just for watching a 3 minute video! I think I've used one every month this year so far. Hoping we get another soon so I can spend it on the Crew 2 gold edition!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ralizah

The constant sales and 20% off codes make going digital on PS4 VERY attractive.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@redd214 You mean they have codes often?! Wow, how do you find out about them?

Crew 2, I'll probably get on X1X in a year or two when it's $15....I haven't even played Crew 1 for $15 on PS4 yet

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia yeah they usually have one every month,at least so far in 2018. Go to live.playstation.com. I usually find out from Twitter or from Push Square. Racing games are my favorite so I will be there day one just like the crew 1

redd214

Octane

@NEStalgia I can't wait We had an old Buster Bros. arcade during the summer holidays that was broken, as in, it returned the money you spent on it right away. Best arcade system ever! And in case it didn't work, you could risk getting shocked, but at least you got your money back.

I know. I'm still waiting on the FFXV complete edition, after that joke of a royal edition. What's the point if there's more content coming this year?!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic