Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,921 to 8,940 of 16,083

NEStalgia

@Octane I never had a GCN. I got burned by Virtual Boy and stepped away from Nintendo during the N64 and GCN years (went PC-only during that time. ) Came back for Wii, and bought a Wavebird and all the BC GCN games I missed Smash...was not on the radar.

Yep, I have a PSVR. I cleaned up end of the year when BB was clearancing tons of physical PSVR games. Not sure WHEN I'll get to most of that pile, but the Batman, demo discs, Thumper, etc experiences were a blast. I played Skyrim for like a day and then moved furniture around and can't find a place for the camera....still have to work on that! The Eagle Flight game was actually fun, if bare bones. I got Farpoint too which I've yet to open (with the AIM controller.) I have Moss, waiting for Star Child, and I haven't tried GT Sport in VR yet.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia I've heard good things about Farpoint, I believe there's another game coming soon that supports the Aim Controller. It's still a bit pricey for my liking, but I've seen them go for less than €200 last year during the holidays. I may get one in a year or two from now when they're relatively cheap.

The Virtual Boy was never released in Europe, we dodged the bullet!

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane Yeah I was enjoying it a lot while using it which i didn't really expect. I'd have used it mire but I interrupted it for mandatory Odyssey Christmas play, and then rearranged the room and never quite got back to it (and then got an X1X which is the new hawtness I've been playing with lately in addition to Switch.) But I'll get back to it. It was definitely a better experience than I predicted. The Batman game was all of an hour or two, but it had such cool presence to it. The demo discs were a lot of fun too, if short.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Yeah, I've seen some neat trailers. I expect most of the games to be short experiences, so I don't want to spend too much on it. I'm thinking of buying a pair of Move Controllers first, for Dreams. I expect a price drop, or updated controllers, so I'm in no hurry!

Octane

Octane

Anyway, I've been playing Detroit, and I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It reminds me of those FMV games, but as a AAA game, and with computer graphics. Tense moments are definitely tense, and it's fun overthinking the game's logic. Certain actions can influence other chapters as well, and I've seen that in action as well. Hadn't I picked up a certain item in an earlier chapter, I wouldn't have had the option to safe my arse in the other one lol. The choices seem pretty impressive so far. No doubt the game will stick to certain story beats, but it's definitely neat to see the number of possible outcomes at the end of each chapter. And it definitely makes you wonder how the story will play out if you played it differently. It's a game that's worth the replay I think.

Octane

mowerdude

Wondering is the PS4 Pro worth it or should I just stick with the Ps4 Slim model. I don't have a 4k tv not really ready to upgrade tv's yet either.

mowerdude

Dezzy

@redd214

I was talking about Playstation stuff, given this is the PS4 thread.

I think the biggest thing overall at this E3 will probably be Cyberpunk. Or maybe something hitherto unknown.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

KirbyTheVampire

@mowerdude Depends on how much you care about framerate and slightly improved graphics. I bought a Slim last year, and have no regrets whatsoever.

KirbyTheVampire

redd214

@mowerdude if you can get a good flip, good price for your slim and a good deal on the pro, I would say yeah. I have a pro and a slim but will be upgrading the slim next week when the pro is on sale.

@Dezzy gotcha, yeah I don't think any of the others will make a bigger splash on the ps front than LoU2 so I agree with you. Personally more excited about Spiderman but I know I'm in the minority.

redd214

Octane

@redd214 I think people are excited for Spider-Man, it's just that it's coming soon anyway, and we've seen more than enough footage at this point.

Octane

Dezzy

So what are the general verdicts on Detroit? Better than his last 2 similar type games or about the same?

@mowerdude

Almost no point getting a Pro at all unless you have a 4K TV.

Edited on by Dezzy

redd214

New game with psvr support getting announced in 15 minutes. Any guesses? I'm going with RE2 Remake

redd214

redd214

@Octane lol I mentioned that over on Push Square a couple days ago😂🤣

While I don't think they were bad games, just very mediocre, if they even mention the word knack in any context at e3 there will be rioting lol

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Octane

@redd214 That's how I think they should announce the new PS4 All-Stars. Start with Knack (the disappointment), and watch him being smashed into a thousand small pieces by Kratos' axe

Octane

redd214

Tetris Effect, coming fall 2018 😐

$400 for a Pro, $250 for PSVR all worth it so I can play...... Tetris for the 20th time 😂

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Dezzy

So has anyone mentioned that Red Dead 2 is locking story content behind a paywall?

It's damn true as well. You can see the amazon listing confirms it.

So disappointing. If that's really the launch version of the game, rather than DLC they're adding later, I probably won't buy it at launch. I'll wait til the special edition version has dropped to a reasonable price.
I never pay more than £45 for a game on sheer principle. Spyro, DQ11, KH3, Spiderman and Tomb Raider are all gonna be similar times anyway so I can survive waiting a few months before playing Red Dead 2.

Edited on by Dezzy

redd214

@Dezzy Rockstar stated its not part of the main story. It's two optional side missions, in a game that's going to be gigantic probably. Some buffs, cosmetics and a couple weapons. Hardly the end of the world. If people are willing to pay more they should get more, seems reasonable to me. Just my opinion though.

redd214

CanisWolfred

@redd214 Oh God that trailer. So many bright colors and kaleidoscope effects!

"So you think you're good at Tetris?
Every line, every block is putty in your hand?
You instinctively know where to drop every L Block, Straight piece, and those weird squiggly ones?

Well let's see how good you are at Tetris...

WHEN YOU'RE HAVING A SEIZURE

Tetris SeizureTM - The newest evolution in gaming!"

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic