Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 16,084

WebHead

As soon as my job starts, I'm gonna save up for a PS4. I will have Greatness soon.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

I want a PS4 for Resogun, Knack, Killzone, Infamous, Uncharted, Destiny, TASM 2, and the next Tomb Raider.

WebHead

Jaz007

Warframe is a pretty good game, it gets better as you go on and get more powerful. The game works well enough solo too after you gain a couple levels too. Injustice is a pretty good game too. Resogun is pretty good too, the game is just so pretty, so very pretty. It also proves that graphics can make a game considering it's purpose feesl like it's to show off the high pixel count in the PS4, but really doesn't need more of one since it's a joy to play.

Jaz007

Dragonfly224

Feel free to add me guys. (ID: Tonbo224)
This is my first playstation console and I'm excited!

I have:
Assassin's Creed 4
Battlefield 4
& NBA 2k14 is coming

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

Blast

Okay... Is anybody's PS4 broken? I went on IGN and I found a link of all these people talking about broken PS4's. This is from the offical Playstation 4 Support thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/...
I only read comments from the users who joined a long time ago because that would mean they aren't trolling and are being honest.
What the heck is going on here? Peoplle are saying most PS4(s) from Amazon are failing, the PS4 would start up fine but 5 hours later then it breaks, then people are saying that their PS4 worked for 10 minutes then failed.
I am not trying to start a huge arguement. I have some friends who have PS4(s) and they are geniuely concerned about all these "reports" of PS4's breaking after a few hours of no use and apparent "overheating".
From what I've seen so far... this console is pretty sleek and amazin' by the way.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

RR529

I know I said I wouldn't quote this site any more, but this article was just too mind boggling to not share.

Playstation 4 Launch Failure

Cordova, TN; November 15, in the year of our Lord 2013--Family Friendly Gaming, the industry leader in covering the family friendly video games is saddened by the Playstation 4 Launch Failure. Sony obviously does not care about families. They only want to reach their hardcore fan base. By doing so they have slapped families in the face in a violent manner. Which is no surprise since that is the kind of games they are shoving down gamers throats. At least the majority of them. The Playstation 4 is overpriced, there are not enough games for families, and the technology is a baby step forward. Might was well call it the Playstation 3.5. Sony yet again has not provided enough machines for launch. In their arrogant attempt to drive up demand instead of providing for consumers.

Sony is known for their tactics. As well as being unethical with gaming media outlets like Family Friendly Gaming. After all the Playstation 3 was an abysmal failure for many years. It took Sony a long time to actually start making money on that machine. Even then the PS3 is a far off second to Nintendo's Wii. So another slow start for Sony seems to be part of their long term strategy. But the insults to families is what needs to stop. They can not expect families to shell out all that money, and get only a couple of games to play. Families might as well enjoy $0.99 cent apps on Android, Kindle, iPad, iPhone, and more. Why spend $400.00 (before excessive taxes) on a slightly better home console machine? Especially when there are one or two games families will be interested in.

Sony has stumbled out of the starting block yet again. With failures in the Playstation Portable, and Playstation Vita, it is any wonder this company is not going bankrupt. The Playstation 3 was a failure for many years, but finally turned it around late in the game. Does that make it a success? Or a failure that was partially redeemed? Can Sony survive years of the Playstation 4 being a failure? Can Sony survive by constantly spitting the faces of families? Family Friendly Gaming is recommending families hold off on purchasing a Playstation 4. Do not waste your money. This system may not be around in a couple of years. Be patient and a price drop may appear for Christmas 2014. Hopefully by Christmas 2014 Sony will have listened and corrected their colossal blunder.

God bless,
Paul Bury
Family Friendly Gaming

I mean yeah, I can understand it if Sony hasn't announced many games they'd be interested in (I understand & respect the site's purpose), but when it comes to the system's price, what were they expecting?

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MoogleMuffins

RR529 wrote:

I know I said I wouldn't quote this site any more, but this article was just too mind boggling to not share.

Playstation 4 Launch Failure

Cordova, TN; November 15, in the year of our Lord 2013--Family Friendly Gaming, the industry leader in covering the family friendly video games is saddened by the Playstation 4 Launch Failure. Sony obviously does not care about families. They only want to reach their hardcore fan base. By doing so they have slapped families in the face in a violent manner. Which is no surprise since that is the kind of games they are shoving down gamers throats. At least the majority of them. The Playstation 4 is overpriced, there are not enough games for families, and the technology is a baby step forward. Might was well call it the Playstation 3.5. Sony yet again has not provided enough machines for launch. In their arrogant attempt to drive up demand instead of providing for consumers.

Sony is known for their tactics. As well as being unethical with gaming media outlets like Family Friendly Gaming. After all the Playstation 3 was an abysmal failure for many years. It took Sony a long time to actually start making money on that machine. Even then the PS3 is a far off second to Nintendo's Wii. So another slow start for Sony seems to be part of their long term strategy. But the insults to families is what needs to stop. They can not expect families to shell out all that money, and get only a couple of games to play. Families might as well enjoy $0.99 cent apps on Android, Kindle, iPad, iPhone, and more. Why spend $400.00 (before excessive taxes) on a slightly better home console machine? Especially when there are one or two games families will be interested in.

Sony has stumbled out of the starting block yet again. With failures in the Playstation Portable, and Playstation Vita, it is any wonder this company is not going bankrupt. The Playstation 3 was a failure for many years, but finally turned it around late in the game. Does that make it a success? Or a failure that was partially redeemed? Can Sony survive years of the Playstation 4 being a failure? Can Sony survive by constantly spitting the faces of families? Family Friendly Gaming is recommending families hold off on purchasing a Playstation 4. Do not waste your money. This system may not be around in a couple of years. Be patient and a price drop may appear for Christmas 2014. Hopefully by Christmas 2014 Sony will have listened and corrected their colossal blunder.

God bless,
Paul Bury
Family Friendly Gaming

I mean yeah, I can understand it if Sony hasn't announced many games they'd be interested in (I understand & respect the site's purpose), but when it comes to the system's price, what were they expecting?

How's it over priced? It's considerably cheaper than the PS3 was years ago, and it's cheaper than the Xbox One.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

MAB

CountWavula wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

The Sony Pony is taking everyone for that same old ride again

So will you be purchasing one of the Twins this christmas, or are you just sticking with the Wii U + 3DS Game Gear VC. I've got no desire to own either, i would much rather put the cowabunga cash towards a sleek wooden Atari 2600 and an autograph from ALF.

Nice choice there mate... At least the Atari 2600 still works perfectly after all these years

MAB

Jaz007

@RR529 Wow, just wow. Entitlement and stupidity all over. Lack of family games, because they didn't try with Knack, and don't even get me started on the pricing.

Jaz007

Dragonfly224

Jaz007 wrote:

@RR529 Wow, just wow. Entitlement and stupidity all over. Lack of family games, because they didn't try with Knack, and don't even get me started on the pricing.

Agreed. I'm pretty much lost for words...

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

WebHead

Dragonfly224 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Agreed. I'm pretty much lost for words...

Aside from knack there's also Skylanders, Just Dance, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes lol.

WebHead

Jaz007

The PS4 seems to a good Internet browser, haven't used it much, but it's shown mostly good results. I've used it to watch some anime on chia. It working well enough, but I can't get the video to us the full screen, so I really hope they update the browser and get that working, becaue if they get that working than I will using my PS4's Internet browser a lot.

Jaz007

rallydefault

I was super stoked about the launch - almost went out to wait in line. Only a day later, though, and my interest is kind of waning. Any thoughts from those who got one? Are any of the launch games pretty good? I was hoping Knack would turn out well. What about any other functionality? I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, so I wouldn't be partaking in any of its social media networking, and I don't really have much interest in streaming my gameplay. I hear the controller is amazing, and the Camera is supposed to be pretty good.

rallydefault

CanisWolfred

Blastoise-san wrote:

Okay... Is anybody's PS4 broken? I went on IGN and I found a link of all these people talking about broken PS4's. This is from the offical Playstation 4 Support thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/...
I only read comments from the users who joined a long time ago because that would mean they aren't trolling and are being honest.
What the heck is going on here? Peoplle are saying most PS4(s) from Amazon are failing, the PS4 would start up fine but 5 hours later then it breaks, then people are saying that their PS4 worked for 10 minutes then failed.
I am not trying to start a huge arguement. I have some friends who have PS4(s) and they are geniuely concerned about all these "reports" of PS4's breaking after a few hours of no use and apparent "overheating".
From what I've seen so far... this console is pretty sleek and amazin' by the way.

I know one guy who sold his PS4 to somebody and it ended up not working. Have not heard of anybody else having problems, though. It's common for the first batch to have a few flaws though. Another reason why you never buy a console at launch.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ultrakatie64

Blastoise-san wrote:

I haven't been having any problems with the hardware. It's been on nearly nonstop since I got it; only shut off to test the voice commands. They work nice might I add. Mine came from Amazon and everything looks and feels high quality.

I'm still having problems with accessing the PSN store whether on the console or internet. Servers don't seem to be working for online games either. Origin on Madden 25 is barely working. I live in a major metropolitan area where I imagine lots and lots of PS4s have been sold, so I'm guessing it could be a local sever problem since other people are saying the problems have been mostly solved. That's fine for now. The system is brand new and there are obviously going to be problems.

The Share button works well, almost too well. I say that because I'm spending way too much time editing videos and taking screenshots than I imagined I would. Haven't tried streaming yet, but I will tonight. So far, I'm a lot happier with the system than I was with the PS3 when it came out. Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall are great fun. Call Of Duty: Ghosts and Madden NFL 25 look amazing. Can't wait to see what games look like two, four, six years from now.

"Whatever you do, don't blink."

Steam ID: sailorkatiev
FC 0490-5351-9441

micronean

Anyone seen Kotaku's PS4 story yet??

I can't shake this odd feeling that Sony knew there were going to be problems with the PS4. I think it's why they pushed the Japanese launch so far back from the other launches--to have their best batch and firmware for their own. It also makes sense that the Japanese launch games coincide with this date.
In other words: they rushed the PS4 launch. The hardware has come out "premature", and decided to cut their losses on their international systems--America especially.

micronean

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic