Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,441 to 8,460 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

So it seems FFXV has even more DLC inbound, 4 episodes are coming in 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

I'm waiting for the Complete Royale Edition...!

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

Same

Anywho, taking a break from Warrame, finally. Still unpacking some stuff (I mostly need to assemble the bookcase that had all my console games), so I thought I'd take another peak at Paladins now that it ditched the "Cards Unbound" system that ruined it before. And what do you know? It's actually fun again. New character is nice, too. I need to try out a few characters that got changed, and I need to see if that one teleporting guy is still overpowered, but so far, it's making a better impression than it had the last time I tried it.

They're also apparently gearing up to come out of Beta (Finally, it's been in Beta for over 2 years, now), so there's been some QoL changes, like a better AI that doesn't bug out all the time .It's nothing fantastic, but you'd be surprised how slow and clunky it used to be. Heck, just play Smite on the PS4 to get an idea, that's where they got it from in the first place. Hopefully it'll still be fun for a few matches here and there. Once I get everything set up, though, I'm gonna have to see what else I can sink my teeth into that's not just grindy busywork, or multiplayer-focused online-dependant experiences...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

For an extra dollar, it can be upgraded to the Complete Royale with Cheese Edition.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

Only just found out that the God of War reviews are going to be put up on Thursday the 12th of April, a whole week and a day before the game even comes out!

Sounds like they are very happy and confident with the game to do something like this, as most reviews are embargoed until release day nowadays. I need a big new game after finishing ‘Breath of the Wild’ last week and not feeling overly compelled to go back to it. I just want to begin playing it now...

p.s. Is Final Fantasy XV ever going to be finished? I keep stumbling upon news with regards to new content, new updates and additional character side stories nearly eighteen months after release.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@YummyHappyPills According to SE, the game already did recoup its costs, a mere day after launch:

Gamespot wrote:

Final Fantasy 15 Broke Even On Development Costs In First 24 Hours

Final Fantasy XV might have taken more than a decade to come out, but it didn't need nearly that long to recoup its development costs. Game director Hajime Tabata told Dualshockers that the game broke even in just one day when it launched on November 29, 2016.

The game shipped 5 million copies on its first day, setting a new franchise record. In January, Square Enix announced that the figure rose to 6 million copies shipped. The company has not yet said how many copies of the game have actually been sold to consumers.

Before Final Fantasy XV came out, Tabata said the game needed to sell 10 million copies to be a "success." He later clarified that comment, stating that 10 million is the studio's personal goal, not necessarily how many units it needs to move to turn a profit.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-broke-even...

Octane

Octane

@YummyHappyPills I've never heard of retailers sending back stock. And it's been more than a year since FFXV came out, so I'm certain it has passed the 5 million mark, even in units sold to customers.

And if you're the economy expert around here, please tell me how expensive it was to keep this game in development for 10 years. How many people worked on the game at a given time, and if that number stayed the same during the course of that 10 year development span. How much did they spend on the game, how many units did they sell, how much did they spend on marketing, and how much revenue have they made so far?

Square Enix said it was profitable at launch, so I find it hard to argue the opposite, especially more than a year after launch when the game has sold even more copies.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Didn't retailers send a lot of Wii U hardware stock back?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

@YummyHappyPills Yet, Square-Enix said it was already profitable. If you really care that much about what they told investors, though, feel free to browse their Earnings and Annual Reports.

With that said, if the game wasn't selling they wouldn't have kept people on board with it, churning out more content, since that would just make it even harder to make money back. If a ship is sinking, you get off it asap. What we have here is clearly a gravy train, dude, and they're milking it. Investors just want to see that the company they invested in is still making more money, last I checked, and well...see for yourself, but they're still making a profit from various sources, and Final Fantasy XV was cited as a significant part of their Earnings during the crucial first few months when it came out.

...bah, but I promised years ago that I'd stop arguing about business related topics. I just want to play the effing games, not turn a profit...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Last we'd heard FFXV was at about 7.5 million sales. That puts it about 4th best selling in the series.

Unless they were absolutely mental with their budget, that's almost definitely gonna have got them a big profit.

Yet more evidence that simply having the right name on your franchise pays huge dividends. The FF13 trilogy that a lot of people disliked did absolutely nothing to damage the sales (as FF13 sold about the same, which was more than FF12)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

...bah, but I promised years ago that I'd stop arguing about business related topics. I just want to play the effing games, not turn a profit...

Don't be silly. We have all known for years that playing video games automatically grants one enough specialized knowledge about the industry to tell giant corporations with confidence what they should and should not be doing.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

The new God of War game gives me Last of Us vibes. The whole stoic hardened daddy teaching the younger child how to survive and fight seems kind of bland. Not to mention I'm not sure how they can make Kratos in any way a character we can sympathize with knowing how insane and ridiculous he was in God of War 3.

I heard some people say that they think they'll kill off Kratos and replace him with the son or whatever, but I don't see that happening.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CanisWolfred

Honestly, all the trailers for the new GoW did was make me want to pick up GoW III Remastered, and I'm not really a fan of the series. I just vastly prefer fast-paced action over slow, methodical, "visceral" combat. Even going from Dark Souls to Bloodborne reminded me that speed is king as far as I'm concerned.

Anywho, almost done with my original intended goals for Warframe. I just got one more mission node left (a spy mission...I hate those), and then grinding for Harrow's parts (which includes repeatedly Acing a Spy mission...:sigh:), and I think I'll be done?...oh wait, I still got more Prime stuff to grind for. Mostly I just want Venka Prime claws so I can use it with Valkyr Prime and pretend I'm X-23.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@-Green- From what I've seen so far, I like it. I'm curious how it will play, so I'm definitely getting it. It's a bit more slow-paced, but also more tactical. Well, we shall see... I'm also big fan of Norse mythology, so 1 and 1 is 2!

Octane

Anti-Matter

Um... guys.
I present you my White PS4 Slim 500GB + Nine PS4 games.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Well, i have Very Few PS4 games since i'm Anti rated 18 games and because The Sims 4 was the reason i bought PS4. I also use my PS4 for watching movies. I'm not Movieholic, so i selected the Movies Very carefully. So far, all of them are Disney movies. I put my PS4 on the Right, together with my Wii, Wii U , Switch and PS2 Slim.

9 PS4 games that i have, But.....
Only 6 PS4 games that i played.
I "Eliminated" Earthlock, Overcooked & Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles due to be released on Nintendo Switch.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

I have to say Ratchet & Clank is one of the best action games I've ever played. It's like Doom/Serious Sam 2 gameplay meets Nintendo worlds and it's a wonderful thing.

It's not too long, not too short, leaves you wanting more, the weapon upgrades are just fantastic fun and the over the top mass "blow up everything (and/or turn it into a sheep)" is just way more "real hardcore gaming fun" than I ever imagined in a R&C game (let alone a reboot with a movie tie in.) The weapons are more fun than they ought to be (Sheepinator, Groovitron, RYNO (dat music), and Mr. Zerkon remain favorites.) And Challenge Mode is just beautiful with the card collections unlocking a whole new weapons tiers and absolutely insane gameplay with the bolt multipliers. Huge Serious Sam 2 flashbacks (without the 15fps slowdowns....) Really cool gameplay.

I'm a bit bummed that after I bought it on disc and never opened it it turned out to be the monthly freebie....though I'm impressed such a recent, big first party was a freebie. Mad Max, blech, just pales in comparison.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
I had ever played Ratchet & Clank PS4 back on March 2017.
But, my heart said No after 2 hours gameplay.
My heart said something was wrong from that game.
And yes indeed. I couldn't continue the game with engaged on Weapons, Guns, even on Cartoon and rated E10+.
So, i sold it on April 2017, replaced by FF X/X-2 HD Remaster for Familiar Nostalgic PS2 games.
Btw, have you looked at my collections above ?

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic