Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,421 to 8,440 of 16,083

Octane

@CanisWolfred Dragon Quest, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and now the Spyro trilogy also.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@CanisWolfred Dragon Quest, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and now the Spyro trilogy also.

I'm so behind on the Yakuza franchise it's not even funny...I might try to get both remakes on sale someday so I can play the series from the beginning. I don't a repeat of Saint's Row IV, where I felt lost for much of the last act due to never having played the previous entries...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

Game Informer released more Spider-Man footage. Here are two great GIFs that show the diversity and detail of New York City, and the second one shows some brilliant high speed movement through the city:

Untitled
Untitled

There's a 3-minute video explaining the web swinging a bit more (it's on Game Informer, so I can't embed the video here unfortunately).

How Web Swinging Works In Spider-Man

Octane

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

Untitled

That gif perfectly captures my worries about it. Traversing an environment like that should be really hard. But everything we've seen makes it look like anyone will be able to do that within 5 minutes of playing.

If that's true, I don't see how the game will ever really have an interesting challenge. They could've made it so the basic swinging was actually quite a challenge. That would've been interesting. So that you need like 40 hours of playing before you're proficient enough to master those kinds of moves. Something like this gif should be the equivalent to the kinda thing those speedrunners can do in Mario 64, where it's like the fanatics have mastered the system and found various exploits over time.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Dezzy wrote:

They could've made it so the basic swinging was actually quite a challenge. That would've been interesting. So that you need like 40 hours of playing before you're proficient enough to master those kinds of moves.

That sounds way worse IMO.

Anyway, I've you've followed the link, they explain in the video that you need to time everything to pull something like this off. Running up a building is one thing, but translating that upwards momentum in horizontal momentum requires some timed button pushes. I don't think that it's something that will be reserved to speed runners (and it shouldn't be), but I don't think it's something you're pulling off within the first 5 minutes of gameplay.

Octane

Malcrash

I feel Super Mario Odyssey and now Spider Man are perfect examples on how to make satisfying use of momentum in a video game

Malcrash

Twitter:

Malcrash

@Dezzy I really don't like that kind of motive imo. Taking up time in a superhero game doesn't seem all that fulfilling and wise, so having a good chunk of empowerment and build upon it seems like a better choice. And I am also glad that this type of movement isn't it's own separate button like with The Amazing Spider Man, where it is clunky and breaks the flow of the game

Malcrash

Twitter:

Dezzy

Wow according to the Spyro remastered devs, the very first Spyro game on PS1 was made before the analog controller came out.
I don't remember that. It must've been a nightmare to control that with a D-pad.

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

Wow according to the Spyro remastered devs, the very first Spyro game on PS1 was made before the analog controller came out.
I don't remember that. It must've been a nightmare to control that with a D-pad.

Yeah, that was definitely the case. I've never played Spyro 2, but I do think that I might actually have liked the first one if the controls were up to par.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Buizel

Dezzy wrote:

And it shows, I reckon. I personally find Spyro very difficult to control in analog - his movement has always felt better with the d-pad to me. I wonder how this will be addressed in the remake.

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

Um.... guys.
Who play The Sims 4 PS4 version ?
Because now i have my own PS4 to play that game.
I want to ask about DLC contents that i can buy and the prices for each DLC.
Can someone help me ?

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Buizel

Well Spyro 2 and 3 were post-analog on the PS1 so they obviously managed it!

Tasuki

@Dezzy Honestly it wasn't that bad at least for me. The only 3D game that used analog that I played before Spyro and mind you it was very breifly over at a friend's house was Mario 64. So really when Spyro came out many players like myself were use to playing games with dpads it was odd because we didn't have anything to compare it too. It wasn't like it is now where the analog stick is the preferred way to play now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

UnknownReader

Anti-Matter wrote:

(Sims 4 PS4)
I want to ask about DLC contents that i can buy and the prices for each DLC.
Can someone help me ?

I don't know if I am of any help, but you can just check PSN for the pricing.
City Living and Vampires DLC open a Neighborhood + stuff. Dine out, you own and run a restaurant.
If you want unique stuff, but not sure which to get, go to their official site ( https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store ) to check out what contents are in each DLC pack. (note: to be safe, check content then get from PSN, official site are mainly for PC. )

My Brain, eyes, and fingers are not team player. They don't coordinate with each other.

Haru17

"Why don't we make it so moving in the open world game is extremely difficult and you facepalm into buildings half the time? That won't get annoying traveling between every single open world objective marker."

Quite obviously, Mario is (generally) mortal, he should have to work to jump up a tower. Spider Man is a superhuman whose powers suit him for navigating very developed city blocks and old growth forests. You shouldn't have to hold up for a minute and Breath-of-the-Wild climb your way up every building like an idiot.

Of course, the game still has to have content to be at all of note. Far Cry with grappling hook powers is still Far Cry. And it's more than likely that the campaign will have the typical open world game problem of a boilerplate story stretched out over an unusually long game. The travel speed certainly looks quick, but the map of New York also stretches to the horizon, so that could get tedious. Anyway, let's hope the story is of a length to actually suit the size of the game.

Oh, and I can't forget the obligatory, "Wow, announcing this at E3 2016 with an indistinct promo reel and then showing exactly nothing for until another short trailer at the next E3 sure was worth it."

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Anti-Matter

@UnknownReader
Thank you.
I had checked from PS Store website, Gosh....
"Get to Work " was quite expensive... ( $40)
And the Add On contents were quite expensive too. ( $ 10)
Well, time to getting know the Order of DLC installation.
I'm afraid it will be have to follow the Oder for installation.
If someone has ever bought the DLCs for The Sims 4 PS4, please let me know what DLC should i take & install first.
I'm sure the DLCs & Expansion Packs for PS4 version will not so strict as PC version.

Anti-Matter

UnknownReader

@Anti-Matter Unless you like collecting stuff, otherwise, I pretty much think it's not important. I say get City living to open a Neighborhood. I didn't get any DLC for PS, only waiting for Cats and Dogs not sure when they will come to PS, they did say they will eventually, lol!
Also if you like owning and running a restaurant, get Dine out.
But if You just got the PS4 and the game not long ago, building your dream house will take a lot of your time, so might as well wait for sales.
And if you don't care for trophies, urmmm..... google cheat code for motherlode so you have money to build. ( using cheat code will stop trophies and you can't "uncheat" to get back trophies. just a suggestion )

My Brain, eyes, and fingers are not team player. They don't coordinate with each other.

Buizel

@Dezzy I'm referring to the trilogy as a whole. I find even 2 and 3 to be quite difficult to handle with an analog stick - this wasn't such an issue in the PSone days, but with how 3D gaming has evolved over the years it may be expected that Spyro moves more fluidly in 3D.

Then again, I also use the D-pad in the N-sane Trilogy so maybe it's a personal taste of mine that need not be addressed at all..

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

@Buizel

The one thing I'll agree with is that the speed charging move is definitely not improved by an analog stick. I'm not sure how it'll affect the rest though.
I played the original trilogy on my Vita a while back and it seemed just fine.

Ralizah

My issue with the first Spyro game is changing the direction he's facing with the shoulder bumpers. It didn't bother me at the time, but it feels insanely archaic now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic