Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,281 to 8,300 of 16,083

Dezzy

Lol so the worst of the 3

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

They don’t have to own them, nobody wants them

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

diwdiws

sly cooper was great

diwdiws

Bolt_Strike

Playing Gravity Rush 2. Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that Lei Elgona is so full of ore? It's like going to the inner city and finding $20 bills everywhere.

EDIT: And Lei Havina has almost none. Why is Jirga Para Lhao's economy so topsy turvy?

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

CanisWolfred

Meanwhile, I'm still playing Warframe. Mostly because I don't want to spend money while I'm trying to move to a new apartment (just 10 more days...), but it's been pretty fun, too. Shooting and combat hasn't even begun to get old, there's enough variety to the missions that I don't mind the RNG components that much (though it can be rediculous at times. I'm probably never going to complete the Ivara Warframe even if I do ever get better at Spy missions...), and the story's interesting enough that I like hunting down the various codex entries and completing all of the story missions just to learn more about the universe they've built up. I really seem to have come into the game at a good time, especially since the devs seem preoccupied with Quality-of-Life updates at the moment, so I'm not overwhelmed with new content while I'm trying to catch up.

I'm at the end of the solar system, btw. Just got 30 or so nodes to complete. I'm nowhere done with the game, mind you, but at least after that I can slow down and just do the post-game content as I go, and hopefully once I've settled into my new apartment, I can transistion into another game...maybe Pokemon or Monster Hunter: World, or even Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

@Bolt_Strike You're playing a Mario game and asking why there are coins floating everywhere.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike You're playing a Mario game and asking why there are coins floating everywhere.

The problem isn't with the mechanic itself, but that it doesn't mesh with the storyline. They're trying to paint a picture of economic inequality and yet the poor side of town has a ludicrous amount of the game's currency. It makes it hard to take Lei Elgona's money troubles seriously when they have plenty of it lying around on the street.

In general, it feels like this series could use better writers. The first game's storyline was awful and left so many unresolved plot elements and now there's crap like this.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

Easy Allies have just released the newest video in their excellent souls retrospective series on Bloodborne:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Shellcore

@Dezzy I hope it is genuinely awesome. The first one was widely lauded as being excellent and I personally loved it.

Ralizah

There's a pretty great sale going on the PS store right now in NA (what else is new). My sub lapsed, but Nier: Automata is $29.99 either way, and RE7 Gold Edition is $34.99 without the extra discount (it's $29.99 if you're a PS+ subscriber). Lots of other stuff on sale, too!

@Octane Not surprising. Nintendogs is up there with Tetris, Super Mario Bros., etc. as an all-time classic of the genre.

Pfft!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

Nintendogs was the bees knees. No lie.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

@-Green- I could never get my dog to respond to its name for some reason.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

(though it can be rediculous at times. I'm probably never going to complete the Ivara Warframe even if I do ever get better at Spy missions...)

Well, it turns out Limbo makes a few spy missions a total cakewalk since they rely more on stationary cameras and wire traps to impede you from just walking up to the computer terminals...and Limbo, however, just phases through wire traps using his ability to go in limbo for a while, and his AOE abilities penetrate geometry...so after 4 hours of bum rushing the terminals while sniping cameras, then running away scott free in The Untouchable ZoneTM, I now have a completed Ivara set...too bad I'm out of Warframe slots.

Also, I almost rage quit trying to finish all of the Void missions. I still have 1 more to go, but boy do the last ones suck. Enemies that make quick work of non-tanky frames while usually involving objectives that require some cooperation. Not to mention there's always the chance of TEH FINAL BOZZ just randomly showing up during the mission. One time that happened during an Interception mission - a mission type which I've found next to impossible to complete solo even on easier areas - and my whole team left. Thankfully they took the boss with him, but still...I I had to finish a mission we were already losing on my own.

And I won. By the skin of my teeth, but I won, damnit! Felt so good!...until I realized I couldn't rub it in those cowards' faces...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

There’s a big preview showcase doing the rounds for the new God of War and, reassuringly, both new and old fans alike are gushing over it.

Eurogamer wrote:

It's worth knowing this; in two hours playing the game, what's remarkable is how much has stayed the same. There's the same pent up rage, unleashed in pliable combat as enemies are juggled in the air and then pulled furiously apart, the same cinematic showdowns that dazzle with their panache.

The same spectacle, and the same sense that the host hardware is being pushed to its very limit. It's a God of War game alright, in that it's hard to think of any better showcase for what's possible with Sony's console.

And the film fan in me likes this paragraph too:

Eurogamer wrote:

These have always been cinematic games, but whereas before it was matinee stuff delivered with a murderous edge - you could sense a little Harryhausen in so much of the older games - now its taste in films has matured, leaning on the likes of Russian Ark and Emmanuel Lubezki and Alfonso Cuaron's virtuoso single-shot scenes in Children of Men and Gravity.

This is also going to be a ‘one take’ game:

Eurogamer wrote:

God of War plays out in a single, uninterrupted shot, the camera dancing through the series' trademark cinematic encounters in a way that's thrillingly dynamic. Come the end of 2018 it's likely to go down as one of the year's great achievements in games, and the execution is peerless.

I’m getting more and more excited for this!

Avengers: Infinity War and God of War within a week of each other is perfect timing.

On another topic altogether, Ni no Kuni II is getting some very, very good reviews.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Avengers: Infinity War and God of War within a week of each other is perfect timing.

Everybody is gabbing about GoW and Avengers, things I couldn't care less about.

Meanwhile, I'm just over here really looking forward to Gal Gun 2 and Isle of Dogs, both of which most other people couldn't care less about.

The contrarian life is authentic but lonely.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Add the fact that it's around 25 to 35 hours long (all in one shot!), with optional areas and optional bosses, and I think this will be one of the highlights on PS4 this year!

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah I’m an ENORMOUS Wes Anderson fan, and I am actually looking forward to Isle of Dogs more so than Avengers: Infinity War! I only mentioned those two together because they are arguably going to be two of the biggest ‘events’ in their respective industry.

@Octane Yeah, I read a couple of previews, and it’s surprisingly difficult to stumble upon anything underwhelming. I am thoroughly enjoying my time with my new toy (the Switch) however, I am really looking forward to playing a truly epic triple AAA experience on the big screen for a change!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic