Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,221 to 8,240 of 16,083

Ralizah

None of those games appeal to me, but Sony is doing a great job of spreading big first-party games throughout the year. PS4 is going to have another huge year.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

Impressed Sony can pump out so many first party titles at once. Puts the rest of the industry to shame.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Neat! It'll be like a post-birthday birthday gift! To be fair, it's probably at the bottom of the list when it comes to most anticipated games, but I'm looking forward to playing something different.

Octane

TuVictus

Gotta admit PS4 has been pretty good with releases this year. I keep buying these games and it's depressing because I haven't properly sat down to play a game in a while. I really dislike this feeling of not having much free time/being too mentally exhausted to throw myself into the games anymore.

TuVictus

Peek-a-boo

@YummyHappyPills I have to say, in my opinion, both 2014 and 2015 (besides Bloodborne and Until Dawn) were mostly forgettable years for first party games on the PlayStation 4.

From 2016 onwards, with Gravity Rush Remastered, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, The Last Guardian and half a dozen first party PS VR games, things started to look considerably brighter.

In fact, I would argue that ‘life’ for the PlayStation 4 didn’t begin until late 2015, early 2016, a good two years or so after the console was first released. Good things comes to those who wait...

@Octane On a completely different topic altogether, I shall be starting Breath of the Wild on my Switch this coming weekend, a whole year later after I bought the Wii U version (that I never started)!

And with Bloodborne being the premier game on PS+ this month, there’s no better time for you to begin.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Didn't know you got a Switch! Make sure to post your impressions some time!

Hah! About Bloodborne. I ordered MGSV, and I'm currently knee-deep in MHW, SOTC and Gravity Rush 2! But it will happen this year. I've promised myself to work on my backlog, and Bloodborne is one of them. If it's anything like Dark Souls, it'll be overwhelming, and I want a month or two without any noteworthy releases, so I can properly focus on the game.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane He was unimpressed by Mario Odyssey, as I recall.

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah Unimpressed is probably the wrong word, but I definitely had a sense of ‘oh, okay then...’ when the (last) Bowser fight was over and done with, before coming to the realisation that I have visited every level on Mario’s Odyssey bar one; The Dark Side of the Moon.

For me, the game peaked when you were playing through that spellbinding 2D/3D sequence in New Donk City, with all those vividly colourful fireworks going off whilst the music was reaching a crescendo as you progressed towards the top of the city itself. I just had the biggest smile on my face throughout.

Anyhoo, this is not the thread to waffle on about it so, I shall let it be.

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Bar TWO

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody get Yakuza 6 for free?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

@YummyHappyPills Oops. I forgot to put ‘er’ after Dark.

@Ryu_Niiyama I believe it is only those who downloaded the US demo that unexpectedly got Yakuza 6 for free. I wouldn’t be too surprised if an update for the demo will soon be pushed out to block ‘playing’ the full game, unless you stay offline of course!

Peek-a-boo

NEStalgia

So it looks like Sony's officially ending free PSN games for PS3 and Vita......can we now say Vita is officially dead?

NEStalgia

Dezzy

MisterPi wrote:

Gotta admit PS4 has been pretty good with releases this year. I keep buying these games and it's depressing because I haven't properly sat down to play a game in a while. I really dislike this feeling of not having much free time/being too mentally exhausted to throw myself into the games anymore.

Lol, I still haven't opened Horizon Complete Edition from christmas.

I expect I'll put it off until after Dark Souls Remastered.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

Any good new PS4 games out or out soon, just finished DS2? I know God of War is one but I can't stand Kratos and SotC looks great, but I already played the original.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

@Octane I'm pretty open to anything of decent quality. Except for Racing and Sports games.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

@-Green- Ni no Kuni 2 is releasing soon. It's a beautiful, Ghibli-esque JRPG that is exclusive to the platform.

Shellcore

@-Green-
Notable Games in March

Ni No Kuni 2 - Awesome JRPG which looks wonderful
Surviving Mars - City builder with tongue-in-cheek elements
Far Cry 5 - You know the drill
A Way Out - Co-op prison escape game

Edited on by Shellcore

Octane

@-Green- Yeah I second Ni No Kuni. Monster Hunter World is pretty good too. And Detroit: Become Human is scheduled for May 25. Something to keep in mind I guess! Far Cry 5? Yakuza 6?

It's difficult to keep up with the indie games, so I ignore most of them unless they really grabbed my attention.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic