Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,201 to 8,220 of 16,083

Dezzy

@Tsurii

Probably the rumble you get when you're near a place of power. When you feel it, compare you location to a map online.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Tsurii Yeah, place of power seems the most likely answer, that gives a strong rumble. Whenever you run out of stamina there's a soft rumble, so if you're running around in the forests, that could explain it too.

Other than that, I don't recall anything of importance in random forests. Maybe use your Witcher senses? There could be a clue that leads towards a side quest. If it's not the place of power, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii Double click the left control stick, and you'll whistle for Roach (i.e. Roach will spawn somewhere near you).

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii The horse was almost mandatory for me in TW3, I don't think I could've done it without it. It saved me a lot of time. The horse in BOTW felt useless to me. Fast travel + glider was way more efficient.

Octane

Dezzy

Most of Velen is fine without the horse in Witcher 3. All of the main locations are on the way to somewhere else, that's usually not far from your current position.
Skellige though is a nightmare without a horse. When you have to map out all of the main villages on those different islands, it can take ages to get across the map.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Who the heck names a horse ROACH?!

Good lord.

As to BotW's horses, while they generally control well, hilarity ensues the moment they approach uneven ground or the edge of a small hill, and in a game filled with so much climbing and verticality, I just went without them most of the time.

They're good when you want to travel across fairly flat areas, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

It's just too bad you couldn't keep deer (in BotW). Why even be allowed to ride them if you can't keep them? (same for Stalhorses)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

@RR529 Because they aren't horses.

Horse stables are for horses.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Peek-a-boo

All this talk of horses!

Agro is the best one IMO.

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

-Green-

Horses are evil. Bad big dogs.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NEStalgia

Lame. My horse is amazing.
Untitled

NEStalgia

Ralizah

For anyone who is wondering, there's a pretty good sale on the NA PSN right now. $32.49 for Horizon Complete Edition. Resident Evil Gold Edition is $39.99. The vanilla version is down to $24. Same for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Lots of games on sale.

Also...

@NEStalgia

Ra'Zah is best pony.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

I'm just gonna leave this here: https://gematsu.com/2018/02/archaeological-sci-fi-graphic-3d-...

"...Inkle has announced Heaven’s Vault, an archaeological sci-fi graphic 3D adventure game coming to PlayStation 4 and PC in 2018."

...So, a word-y walking sim?

Watches trailer

I guess not, since they couldn't even simulate walking!

Seriously, it apparently features the most jarring attempts at sort-of-animation I've ever seen in a video game. It seems like it's just a transition during cutscenes, but they should've just used a fade transition if they weren't going to bother with fluid animation. Jeez, and you know, I actually like Inkle's games, at least on the iPad, but man, that's really putting me off. I'll have to wait and see if that's a common occurance or if they just picked some really awkward scenes to showcase it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

electrolite77

Ratchet and Clank, and Bloodborne on PS Plus this month. Sweet.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

IceClimbers

@electrolite77 Best lineup yet on PS4.

Also starting in March 2019 they'll no longer offer PS3 and Vita games

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

electrolite77

@IceClimbers

So icbelieve. Surprised they lasted so long tbh.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers More specific than that, PS+ will only be 2 free PS4 games per month at that point.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

The PS+ games are fantastic. Perhaps they wanted two A-listers to soften the blow of that "only 2 games from now on" announcement

TuVictus

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Thought of you.

Detroit: Become Human releases on the 25th of May!

Untitled

Shadow of the Colossus in February, MLB The Show 18 in March, God of War in April and Detroit: Become Human in May.

I reckon we shall see Spider-Man in June or July and Days Gone in September.

I’m not confident enough to guess when Concrete Genie, Dreams and the MediEvil Remake are due out...

Either way, first party wise, 2018 is shaping up to be arguably the best year for the PlayStation 4!

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic