Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,061 to 8,080 of 16,083

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter
I'd just emulate them if I were you. You can get far better graphics using the epsxe emulator.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy wrote:

@Anti-Matter
I'd just emulate them if I were you. You can get far better graphics using the epsxe emulator.

Eh, no thanks.
I keep my promise to NOT playing pirated copies anymore, even emulator epsxe.
Oh, well...
Better I ask someone else.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Anti-Matter It's not as if you're supporting the developers by buying second hand copies, if not supporting the developers is what you're worried about. And I don't believe Sony is selling PS1 games on their current system. My rule is that emulation is acceptable, provided the game isn't available on a current gen system, especially if we're talking about old retro games.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

@Anti-Matter It's not as if you're supporting the developers by buying second hand copies, if not supporting the developers is what you're worried about. And I don't believe Sony is selling PS1 games on their current system. My rule is that emulation is acceptable, provided the game isn't available on a current gen system, especially if we're talking about old retro games.

Well, i think it's too late to start ps1 gaming again after 20 years ago.
Back when i was Teen, i have never knew what it called piracy and original copies.
Now, i'm already grown up, 33 years old, have a job and adequate budget to buy original games, even Used games.
I still have some Bonding feeling with PS1 & PS2 considering it was my Teenhood consoles, also i LOVE Dance Dance Revolution, the revolution was started from Arcade machine and came to PS1 for the first time with Plastic Dancing mat. Whenever i play DDR on Arcade, i always remember that game was Not from Nintendo machine, but from Sony machine first.

Oh, btw.
Now i have White Japanese PS2 Slim scph-77000 to play my Nostalgic Original PS2 games that Mostly from Konami (DDR series, Guitar Freaks & DrumMania, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music), K-1 series (Because i Like Kickboxing games with Character customize), Bomberman games, etc.
I'm planning to add PS1 games for my nostalgic, because i hadn't played ps1 games since 2005.
It was 13 years ago.
And i back to Zero again, start to collect old games that i have ever or still never played before, keep my promise to Not play pirated games anymore in whatsoever reason.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

They're apparently bringing PS1 games to the PS4 quite soon.

TuVictus

Dissidia NT is very fun! I don't know why the psp games never clicked with me, but this one is just really fun to play. Maybe because it's pretty simple to learn compared to more traditional fighting games. I'm not very good, but it's fun to be a part of the chaos

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

Okay so...

Playing the original Jak and Daxter on PS4.

The actual hell is wrong with this emulation? Frame drops in areas there shouldnt be and its just a PS2 game...

Christ.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Anti-Matter

Dezzy wrote:

I don't think PS4 can read PS1 Physical games.
If they mean Digital download PS1 games, sorry, no thanks.
I want to play my specific PS1 games in Physical.
I don't think Sony want to Revive old games like Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy, Punky Skunk, Bishi Bashi Special, Magical Tetris featuring Disney, etc. Sony NEVER want to Revive Kiddie or Girlie games like Barbie or Hello Kitty because they keep busy with their old Rated M games too much.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Anti-Matter None of those games are made by Sony. It isn't up to them to bring them back.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Also, PS1 games are CDs. If You have a CD-ready Drive, you can emulate PSOne games that you actually own. I've done that before with Saturn games before I found a deal for an actual console. Just saying...that's why emulators are still legal. That's what they were originally supposed to do.

Anywho, I've been playing a lot of Warframe recently, a free-2-play Action MMO. Been pretty fun for the most part. I've completed 3 planets so far (mostly, I still got a few missions on Earth to do. Thar's next on the adgenda). I'll admit that there's something about playing as a cyborg ninja fighting off clone armies and cyberpunk crime syndicates (at least, I think that's what the Corpus are?), as well as mutated zombies, that just feels so satisfying. I also just got something called an Archwing for these space shooter levels, which is pretty awesome. Seriously, for a free game, I'm impressed at all the stuff there is to do in it. I haven't even touched a lot of the fluffier MMO stuff, like crafting, syndicates (factions that offer special perks for supporting them, which differs for each one. You also have to be careful which ones you support, since some of the syndicates are opposed to one another), pets, the open-world environments, PVP, heck, I've been playing the vast majority of it solo and genuinely having a good time. Only certain Nightmare/Alert/Void Fissure quests seem like they'd actually benefit from Coop. I'm just trying to play through the main story, though, so I only bother with those if they have stuff I really need, like Warframe parts. And then I usually solo them, anyways. Hopefully it doesn't screw me over later on, because so far, this has been the best kind of F2P game I could ask for.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

1UP_MARIO

Anti-Matter wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

I don't think PS4 can read PS1 Physical games.
If they mean Digital download PS1 games, sorry, no thanks.
I want to play my specific PS1 games in Physical.
I don't think Sony want to Revive old games like Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy, Punky Skunk, Bishi Bashi Special, Magical Tetris featuring Disney, etc. Sony NEVER want to Revive Kiddie or Girlie games like Barbie or Hello Kitty because they keep busy with their old Rated M games too much.

Sony don't own these franchises. It's not up to Sony to revive

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ralizah

@Octane Update on The Witness:
I've activated 6 lasers now, although one I had to reflect off a glass object on a tower because it was misaligned.

I completed 70 or so puzzles today, and have made some observations.

* Certain objects in one's environment, if viewed from the right angle and/or altitude, can be interacted with like line puzzles. So far, I've "solved" a river (from atop the mountain when looking down) and a few structures around the island.

* I assume the +7 next to my latest save file is related to how many of these "environment puzzles" I've interacted with.

* Furthermore, I'm fairly certain at this point that these environment puzzles are related to the black objects dotting the island. One of them I "activated" literally shows a list of potential environmental puzzles, some of which I've done, and many of which I clearly haven't.

Also, the reason I couldn't solve that "impossible" puzzle before is because I had to solve other puzzles in that area first. Then, the metal bar blocking the middle section of the puzzle unlatched, and the way opened to the laser.

Can't say I'm a fine of those symmetry puzzles (solving for an invisible line is incredibly obnoxious), but I have to say, the desert temple puzzles were surprisingly clever.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@Octane

I dunno. I heard it from someone in the last few weeks and remembered it was said with some kind of conviction so I filed it under the "probably true" category in my head.

Peek-a-boo

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Okay so...

Playing the original Jak & Daxter on PS4.

The actual hell is wrong with this emulation? Frame drops in areas there shouldn't be, and it’s just a PS2 game...

@YummyHappyPills I played through it all last summer, and I got the platinum trophy along the way too, but yes, it is not a particularly good port except for the draw distance being slightly improved by removing the ‘foggy’ textures in the background. The floor textures and the frame rate against certain bosses are the worse culprits. I still had fun with it though, and was free with Uncharted: The Lost Legacy!

@Ralizah The little desert area and the puzzles within are my favourite in the whole game.

They were not too challenging, and gave you just enough satisfaction when you completed them. I loved the muted colour scheme as well as the way the shadows fall on the temple itself. It is a very pleasing game to look at, and the use of HDR is mindboggingly good.

@Octane I got my copy two days early, all thanks to Simply Games!

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Lucky you! I expect mine to arrive by tomorrow. But I'm playing a lot of MH World at the moment, so I'm definitely not short on games.

Octane

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Definitely. The puzzles in that section were clever without being self-indulgent or obtuse (something this game struggles with in certain areas).

I love the game's vivid colors, although the completely static environments are... boring. It's definitely a game that's very nice to look at, though, which makes it a good game to play alongside the visually bland (and often downright ugly) Twilight Princess HD.

You got SotC already, eh? You lucky devil. It's amazing how good that game looks.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Inside the Forgotten Temple and some parts of Sentinel Beach went far below 30 its....i dont know man. Can the systemnot handle it? Or is the emulator poor?

I hope its the latter because the PS2 was the simplest system in terms of spec of that geberation, but the PS4 is ahead of the competition in that regard, yet the lower spec Xbox One and Nvidia Shield can emulate the more capable Xbox and Gamecube. It makes no sense.

PS2 and PSone Classics on PS3 also had issues not present in original releases, at least when Sony didnt lie about EU regions needing bug free PAL copies XD

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

I know this is a PS3 question, but hopefully you guys can help.

Is there a way to turn off the Sixaxis function in the Dualshock 3? I ask because Netflix goes bonkers whenever I try watching it on the PS3 (the search function randomly popping up, movies/tv shows starting to play without pressing any buttons, etc.), and lo and behold it's because of the controller's motion function (if I hold the controller really still it's fine, but the slightest movement causes it to do something). It's not just Netflix as the issue also pops up on the main menu (to test it, I shook the controller on the main menu and the game in the disc drive started to play), but I can't find anyway to shut it off in the settings.

I used to use the 360 for Netflix, but with the arrival of the Switch something had to be put up, and it was decided upon that it would be the 360.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 I have heard that some games have an option to turn of the motion controls but I don't think there's a way to turn it off completely. With that said check maybe in the Netflix menus or maybe the system options themselves. Either that or maybe pick up the PS3 remote so you won't have to use the controller.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic