Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,741 to 7,760 of 16,083

TuVictus

Never played ESO but as someone that doesn't like MMO's, FF14 was a great one for me. Especially since it has a pretty decently written narrative, as long winded as it can feel at times. Especially in the beginning and quests in between major content launches.

TuVictus

Ralizah

So, Atlus appears to have posted two videos on Project Re Fantasy. One is a bit mysterious, but interesting. Kind of a concept video:

The other... is... uh... unique:

I can't help but feel like Atlus is actively trolling its fans at times.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred I can't help but feel like the people in charge of posting these videos online were snickering like schoolchildren when they put the name of a highly anticipated game in the title of a five minute long clip where a guy dressed like a knight awkwardly eats a piece of meat.

But yeah, the game sounds neat so far. Definitely not going to be a cookie-cutter fantasy RPG. Perhaps a Persona-like experience where fantasy tropes are combined with modern-day settings? Either way, I can't wait to learn more.

Octane

To all ya RPG nerds, mute the video and enjoy! This is the newest trailer for Platinum Games' next game: Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane This looks awesome! Didn't even know this was a thing.

I hope to god they change that nonsensical title, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah I assumed it was just another nonsensical name for a Japanese game with unnecessary words that don't mean anything, seems like I was right though

Just ''Granblue Fantasy II'' sounds a lot better IMO, or ''Granblue Fantasy something else'', ''Project Re: Link'' is just weird.

Anyway, Uematsu is doing the music, so it seems like it's going to be a big thing.

Octane

Haru17

At this rate the stupid teaser from From Soft is just going to end up as "Project REEEEEEE."

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Ralizah

Heh. Project Re: Fantasy. Project Re: Link.

Looked up Granblue Fantasy and... it's a mobile game. How do you go from a friggin mobile game to this?

Seems like things are looking up for Platinum. This and Bayonetta 3 at the same time? I'm glad Nier: Automata saved them.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Successful mobile game, therefore big console RPG must succeed as well?

Octane

JaxonH

I've been following Granblue Fantasy since they actually announced it's coming to VR. And I want to play a JRPG in VR.

I'm not really sure what to make of it yet, or whether it's going to be closer to their work on Transformers/TMNT/Legend of Korra or more like Bayonetta/W101/Nier... or maybe fall somewhere comfortably in the middle.

But this is why I still hope for Sakaguchi to get back into the console space. Terra Battle is a successful mobile game. Why not make a console JRPG to help expand the popularity of the series? I practically bought my Xbox One solely for Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Obviously there are now other benefits with the Xbox One X offering the best play for multiplats, but at the time that wasn't the case. Such is the power of a Sakaguchi JRPG.

If he made another game, I would buy whatever console it's on if I didn't own it already. You could put that thing on the Atari box and I would be there day one.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

So I got the Jak Collection on PS4 (Yes I bought something on PS4!) and immediately went into Jak X.

I have many questions for whoever ported this. Why can't the PS4 emulate these correctly? Why is there at times VERY severe frame drops or even stuttering in this PS4 emulation of a PS2 game?

Like this isn't dropping from 30 to 24 FPS, this is the game slideshows for a second bad. And it occasionally hitches and pauses for half a second. It's really noticeable.

Apart from that, good ports. Just...why do they have performance issues? I remember the R&C and Sly trilogies on PS3 had some errors, like misplaced audio in R&C3 and some dodgy programming where models and animations would play out incorrectly (Just watch the Momma Tyhrranoid fight for that...ugh) but apparently that was because they had to be straight ported with no modifications IIRC? Maybe not.

But at this point, come on. It's a straight emulation.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

The Jak X PS2 Classic is uh...after 6 hours....kiiiinda bad. The game is all there definitely...and yes the original game wasnt perfectly stable with frame rate either but after 6 hours during races I have not seen this game ONCE stick to a single frame rate.

Its up and down like a damn yoyo and at one point it hanged for a good 3 seconds due to an explosion, and at another point paused. Not like as youd expect, but everything in the game stopped for a moment.

Maaaaybe we dont get many PS2 Classics because it doesnt work that well on PS4? I really dont know whst happened with this but man...its bad.

At least the original game stayed mostly constant except for when things got really busy.

There have even been moments of the game somehow missing the fact I let go of the turbo button and it just kept it going...

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

NEStalgia

@JaxonH ooohhh jrpg in vr? Sounds awesome! Btw i opened Skyrim psvr.... Only played briefly, used ds4 and honestly i have to say I'm super impressed, it's better than i expected. The world really is alive... And the sense of scale is amazing. Maybe once it get into minutae of inventory management and combat it will lose its lustre but so far it's very impressive.

As for x1x being best for multiplats, i got out of pc a while back but honestly it's not even distributing full x1x games on disc... And xbo is free on pc..... Why not just play on pc where games are cheaper anyway? 50gb dl on x1x, 75gb dl on pc.... If you have bandwidth for one you have it for the other...

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Not a fan of PC. It's the little things. I can turn my Xbox one on with my controller but I can't do that with my PC. I mean I can but when I have the settings to turn it on remotely vibrations in the floor cause it to turn on automatically so I have to turn that feature off.

I could go on a rant for paragraphs for all the reasons I do not play on PC. I like having one and it's great for certain things but it would never be my main platform for multiplats. The resolution incompatibilities with my 4K TV is a huge issue. Constant updates with the STEAM client and games in STEAM. No it's just not an option. This is just scratching the surface of the issues I have with the platform. Again, it's fine, but it's never going to be my go to system.

I'm a console gamer for a reason. It's not even about the discs. I've got my Xbox controller right beside my Switch controllers. I turned it on and it instantly on in my games are right there ready to go. No settings to deal with, no resolution incompatibilities to worry about, Games are always pre-optimized for console, and with X1X, I'm getting dang near 4K 60FPS with all the major releases. And if not, then at the very least 1080p 60 FPS. Which to be honest, my PC couldn't do anyways. You can run older games in that resolution but not newer games. So I need to upgrade my motherboard and CPU anyways if I wanted to even begin to rival the performance of my X1X.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH I dont play on my (Admittedly) £1300 gaming PC because its where I also work.

And when my work is gaming, I want a seperation between work and play.

Im okay with controller issues for when I do play on PC, like for Overwatch I use my mouse and a Joy-Con L, because keyboard and mouse disagree with me, as do Xbox controllers.

One thing I detest about PC is Steam beibg a flooded pile of...yep. and the UI is god awful. I had people say it works like this because x reason only for the UI to counter that poibt and just reveal its outdated and awkward. Steam was made to evolve the PC Gaming space over a decade ago and it did so, but once Valve managed to get it to a point where money rolls in for nothing, that purpose died.

Plus the Blizzard app sucks. Yeah, I have a download queue for updates. You wont let me SEE it though. Or tell me what is downloading at the moment. And why do I have a desktop shortcut for Overwatch and the app when BOTH just open the app?

Grumblevolcano

I don't like PC gaming either, I'd much rather use a console. I also think it was a missed opportunity when Microsoft started bringing XB1 games to PC that the reverse didn't happen too. Put stuff like the Age of Empires remasters and Age of Empires IV on XB1, have standard controller controls be like the Halo Wars games, add in support for keyboard + mouse and allow crossplay. There you go, XB1 lineup is stronger and there's an even bigger community but no that makes too much sense.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

I can't turn off my Switch with the controller but I can on my PS4, Wii, and 3DS

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Your point?

Haru17

@YummyHappyPills That the Switch is a little inconvenient sometimes, which seems relevant to the current discussion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic