Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 7,721 to 7,740 of 9,378

Ralizah

3D World is a much stronger experience than a lot of people give it credit for. Princess Peach actually being playable puts it up in my top 5 Mario games on its own, but some of these levels are genuinely challenging and fantastic.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Knuckles-Fajita

@Videogameguru50 "A gimmick collection"

A video game is comprised of various mechanics to entice and entertain the player. These mechanics can be varied throughout the game. For instance, in God of War 3 you have all the God powers, things that are different mechanics, and abilities/weapons/combos for Kratos to use.

These would be the "Gimmicks" of the game. A collection of them, that forms the actions you perform. This is true of any game.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Dezzy

3D World was awesome fun. It just wasn't very deep or memorable. It's not something where you'd be talking about a particular level with someone 10 years down the line. Whereas everyone remembers all of the levels of 64.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Snaplocket

@Dezzy 3D World was one of the most memorable installments in the series to me. I'm gonna hold so many good memories of that game. If what you said was true, then why do so many people remember New Super Mario Bros, or Super Mario Bros on NES? What you said was 100% subjective.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Knuckles-Fajita

Meanwhile on the PlayStation 4 Thread how did everyone like PSX?

All I saw was Twitter saying it was the biggest snooze fest ever.

I know they said not much will be shown, but they still live streamed a 90 minute stage show, we went in knowing that, and it was STILL boring.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket No need for a new Smash and Mario Kart, just add DLC to enhanced ports. So like MK8 Deluxe getting its first DLC pack when ARMS support slows down in the 2nd half of 2018 (I think I remember one of the Directs saying ARMS was being supported for a year?)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snaplocket

@Grumblevolcano There's a lot of potential for a new Smash or Mario Kart. By releasing ports ALONGSIDE new games, they can appease both sides. Smash 4 WII U felt... sloppy in some ways.

Videogameguru50

@YummyHappyPills What I mean by gimmick collection is the fact that every level have some sort of mechanic that is in one level and probably won't be use again. The game never really builds on it mechanics and resorts to just trying a new half baked gimmick. It just made the game predictable and safe in my opinion and the fact the game is pretty hand holding doesn't help either

Videogameguru50

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

If what you said was true, then why do so many people remember New Super Mario Bros, or Super Mario Bros on NES? What you said was 100% subjective.

I can't be arsed to write "in my opinion" on the end of everything.

diwdiws

So I bought Mass Effect Andromeda for like 20$. This may be unpopular but its actually a great game. There may be some glitches here and there but I dont think it deserved all the crap that it got upon release.

diwdiws

Snaplocket

@Dezzy Your "opinion" was assuming that most people wouldn't remember much about 3d world and that "everyone" remembers all the levels in 64. Do you see where I'm getting at?

-Green-

Everything's an opinion unless it's a fact.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

diwdiws

@Octane a little, while waiting gor the patches to download, didn’t really notice the bad graphical glitches, but bear in mind, i think i only played around 1 hr for the unpatched.

diwdiws

Snaplocket

@-Green- Is it an opinion that 3d World got glowing reviews from critics and gamers alike and is widely considered one of the best 3d platformers of this/last gen?

-Green-

@Snaplocket Is that a fact?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CanisWolfred

@YummyHappyPills Wait, people actually watch these things? I just look for the info after the fact. It's much easier. All I care about is the games, anyways.

Meanwhile, in Paragon Land, a new character is on her way tomorrow, along with a Winterfest event. I also gotta look and see if Overwatch has a winter event setup, but I already caught the news for Paragon. The new character was already featured in a short story (which also featured one of my favorite characters so far), so I'm really looking forward to how seeing how she plays. What I'm less excited for is finding out whether or not the new Winterfest will bring with it a ton of glitches like the October event did. Seriously, this game was rock solid until late September/early October when the last map update hit, and its been fairly bad ever since. Kinda tough to play PVP when there's always at least one person on a team crashing, and plenty of people encountering weird technical hiccups. There will also be some balance changes, so hopefully those help to a degree. I know a few characters that could use a tune-up, especially Howitzer. Seriousy, a critter in a Mech suit shouldn't be so easily outmatched by a fairy...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@Dezzy Your "opinion" was assuming that most people wouldn't remember much about 3d world and that "everyone" remembers all the levels in 64. Do you see where I'm getting at?

That you thought I was submitting a paper to a journal?

The memorability of the levels in Mario 64 is a Gaussian distribution with a mean of 70% and a standard deviation of 10.

Edited on by Dezzy

NEStalgia

Nintendo life, where every Nintendo thread is about Playstation and XBox, and the Playstation thread is about Mario.

NEStalgia

Octane

Forget about Twilight Princess, the opening of Okami is worse than I remembered. It's long, slow, you can't skip it, the text doesn't speed up and the noises the characters make get pretty annoying after a while.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic