Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,581 to 7,600 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket No need for a new Smash and Mario Kart, just add DLC to enhanced ports. So like MK8 Deluxe getting its first DLC pack when ARMS support slows down in the 2nd half of 2018 (I think I remember one of the Directs saying ARMS was being supported for a year?)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Videogameguru50

@YummyHappyPills What I mean by gimmick collection is the fact that every level have some sort of mechanic that is in one level and probably won't be use again. The game never really builds on it mechanics and resorts to just trying a new half baked gimmick. It just made the game predictable and safe in my opinion and the fact the game is pretty hand holding doesn't help either

Videogameguru50

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

If what you said was true, then why do so many people remember New Super Mario Bros, or Super Mario Bros on NES? What you said was 100% subjective.

I can't be arsed to write "in my opinion" on the end of everything.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

diwdiws

So I bought Mass Effect Andromeda for like 20$. This may be unpopular but its actually a great game. There may be some glitches here and there but I dont think it deserved all the crap that it got upon release.

diwdiws

-Green-

Everything's an opinion unless it's a fact.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

diwdiws

@Octane a little, while waiting gor the patches to download, didn’t really notice the bad graphical glitches, but bear in mind, i think i only played around 1 hr for the unpatched.

diwdiws

-Green-

@Snaplocket Is that a fact?

CanisWolfred

@YummyHappyPills Wait, people actually watch these things? I just look for the info after the fact. It's much easier. All I care about is the games, anyways.

Meanwhile, in Paragon Land, a new character is on her way tomorrow, along with a Winterfest event. I also gotta look and see if Overwatch has a winter event setup, but I already caught the news for Paragon. The new character was already featured in a short story (which also featured one of my favorite characters so far), so I'm really looking forward to how seeing how she plays. What I'm less excited for is finding out whether or not the new Winterfest will bring with it a ton of glitches like the October event did. Seriously, this game was rock solid until late September/early October when the last map update hit, and its been fairly bad ever since. Kinda tough to play PVP when there's always at least one person on a team crashing, and plenty of people encountering weird technical hiccups. There will also be some balance changes, so hopefully those help to a degree. I know a few characters that could use a tune-up, especially Howitzer. Seriousy, a critter in a Mech suit shouldn't be so easily outmatched by a fairy...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@Dezzy Your "opinion" was assuming that most people wouldn't remember much about 3d world and that "everyone" remembers all the levels in 64. Do you see where I'm getting at?

That you thought I was submitting a paper to a journal?

The memorability of the levels in Mario 64 is a Gaussian distribution with a mean of 70% and a standard deviation of 10.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

Nintendo life, where every Nintendo thread is about Playstation and XBox, and the Playstation thread is about Mario.

NEStalgia

Octane

Forget about Twilight Princess, the opening of Okami is worse than I remembered. It's long, slow, you can't skip it, the text doesn't speed up and the noises the characters make get pretty annoying after a while.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Are the characters all ugly? Do you have to play an obnoxiously difficult goat herding minigame? Do you randomly turn into an animal and have to run around picking up shards of light? Does it have a dungeon where the central gimmick is freeing cages full of monkeys?

Also, in terms of the character noises, with 0 being the best voice acting you've ever heard and 10 being the noises characters make in Yooka-Laylee, how bad would you say the noises are?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah Yes, yes, yes and yes.

No, just kidding, but it does mean you're struggling with inverted controls, and I can't find the option menu (is there even one?). And yes, you get to play as a stupid wolf

And there are...

Wait, you were joking, weren't you? Cause there is a dungeon with monkeys too...

Anyway, the VA is a 5. But mainly because the dialogue is incredibly slow. All I need is a skip button.

Octane

Ralizah

Octane wrote:

And yes, you get to play as a stupid wolf

Octane wrote:

Wait, you were joking, weren't you? Cause there is a dungeon with monkeys too...

That's a really weird coincidence...

Maybe Capcom was doing me a solid by not releasing this remaster on the Switch...

Octane wrote:

Anyway, the VA is a 5. But mainly because the dialogue is incredibly slow. All I need is a skip button.

Oh, yeah, this sort of thing is bad enough in an actual old game, but in a remaster, there's no reason for the player not to be able to click through dialogue quickly.

And only inverted controls? EEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUGGGHHH.
I'm assuming it's not a flight simulator, where inverted controls would make sense..

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Dunno, a wolf goddess can probably count as a flight sim in the right conditions?

But c'mon, Twilight Princess was a great game as long as you never ever (ever (ever (ever))) tried to play it on the Wii.

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

Jumping back to PS4, im bot the only who has an obnoxiously loud system right?

I have a 1TB PhatS4 and the bluray drive is like a dreamcast, the HDD spinning up is loud (And imagine that racket with a physical game, both at once...) and the fan is like a wind turbine, where the system gets exceptionally hot.

Do I need to clean the fan? Honestly I dont fancy going and buying screwdrivers to get past Sony's damn security screws.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

It used to sound like a Jet engine when I'd play FF14 or RE7. Even my PS4Pro got loud during FF14 at one point.

TuVictus

Ralizah

My PS4 has rarely ever sounded loud while playing games. Even more demanding stuff like Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4. Seems like I really won the lottery with regard to the quality of both the controller and the console proper.

@NEStalgia There's a reason I never even tried it until it was ported to Wii U, man. I don't play Wii versions of games unless I have absolutely no other recourse.

-Green-

My PS4 sounds like it's gonna explode when I'm playing games like Bloodborne. I half expect it to catch fire.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic