Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,521 to 7,540 of 16,084

Peek-a-boo

@gcunit To be fair, whether I replace the word ‘Land’ with ‘World’ or not, they are pretty similar games anyway... which certainly doesn’t bother me, because I love them both equally as much!

I have never heard of the BBC Micro before... until today, that is. You must have been playing games since the very beginning, hey?

@Octane About. Flipping. Time.

Untitled

If you need any guidance or help, I would be as pleased as Punch to do so!

@Ralizah Yes, I certainly was a Nintendo fan(boy) right up until March 2015, which is when I treated myself to the first non-Nintendo console ever; a PlayStation 4.

I have probably spent more time playing my PlayStation 4 than any Nintendo console I currently or previously own in the past couple of years. It is absolutely remarkable at just how much you miss out on by staying ‘loyal’ to one brand for nearly twenty years ...

... which makes it all the more absurd when I have been openly labelled as a Sony fanboy on here before (!)

@Haru17 It was definitely intended however, I originally didn’t quite follow the line of dialogue of the posts beforehand, but hey-ho! You chose some pretty good ‘first games’ for each of those consoles/handhelds.

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo You've probably been labelled a Sony fanboy here because...well how often do you talk about playing on your other systems?

You say you've been all Nintendo before the PS4, but all I see from you here is all PS4!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Peek-a-boo

@YummyHappyPills That’s true, I suppose...

I believe that the last game I purchased on my Wii U was Splatoon over two and a half years ago, back in May 2015 and the last game I bought for my 3DS was The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds over four years ago, back in November 2013. Oof!

After those two brilliant games, there was very little else that I wish to play on both my 3DS and Wii U, unfortunately, hence the reason why I am mostly posting in this thread, talking about what it is that I am currently playing on my PlayStation 4.

Oh, and I don’t have a Switch. Yet.

Apart from the marvellous Super Mario Odyssey, there isn’t much else that tickles my fancy at this moment in time. I reckon by the time Metroid Prime 4 is released, I shall inevitably become a new Switch owner.

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Yeah you basically jumped from one camp to the other.

And you started a GOTY thread here....with all PlayStation titles. Whereas a lot of people have a mix of both. See the issue?

You've spent so long isolated in one ecosystem, only to jump over...and do the same in another. I recommend in future broadening those horizons.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Eh, you are kind of a Sony fanboy right now, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing as long as you're not obnoxious about it.

I've become a bit of a Nintendo fanboy since the Switch released. More due to my love of the hardware than brand loyalty, though. If Sony released a well-supported hybrid system, I'd be all over that, too.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ieatdragonz

I have never aligned with a console as a main platform, I prefer looking at all options and deciding for myself. It sounds condescending but I really am happy there are fanboys out there though. Its something to be passionate towards, and its still the passion of gaming anyway.

That being said PS4 hasn't really appealed to me. So far my games are Uncharted, The Last of Us Remastered, Little Big Planet 3, and Persona 5. I've only started Persona since I got it for Black Friday but the other three games felt weak.

Although I'm not down on it just yet, after all I got it only last year. Gravity Rush 1/2 looks good, Yakuza 0 intrigues me, and Kingdom Hearts 3 got me giddy although Ive never played a KH game. Just for right now Switch is killing it imo

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

-Green-

General policy that works for me is to play whatever catches my attention. If I find it interesting and it's available, I'll probably try it out. I've never aligned to a single brand.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

KirbyTheVampire

It's always varied a bit for me, although I've always loved Nintendo, with the exception of the Wii U, which I have no interest in ever buying. I only played Nintendo up until the PS3/Wii generation, at which point I had both a Wii and a PS3, and loved them both, although I overall had a lot more fun with my Wii. Didn't bother with the Wii U at all because it didn't have enough games that interested me, but then eventually I bought a PS4, and a Switch a few months later on launch day, and I'd have to say I'm enjoying them pretty equally, although I think by the end of the generation, I'll be on the Switch camp.

Honestly though, I think the Switch would already be my favorite console ever if BoTW and Mario Odyssey had some changes, (Odyssey much less so, but there are a couple things I didn't like) and if Nintendo would bring back the old Paper Mario. It's possible that Paper Mario will go back to its former glory, but I think they'll just keep it as a casualized story-light game.

KirbyTheVampire

-Green-

I'd be happy with some new Sly Cooper and/or Jak and Daxter mainline games. Loved playing those things on my PS2. It was great.

Edited on by -Green-

gcunit

If money was still the limiting factor then I'd only go Nintendo as I most closely align to the company's philosophy of game design, fun, and unique hardware experiences.

But as I've happened to get more into gaming since 2014, and luckily had a bit more disposable cash, I've been able to explore the big exclusives I've missed. I got a PS3 solely for RDR, Uncharted, and TLoU, for example (but significantly expanded upon that out of indulgence).

But I still lack any sense of attachment to PlayStation (admittedly partly cos I've not spent much time playing them yet). There's some big name games but nothing as yet has made me fall in love. I have a stronger bond to Xbox, due to Halo1 and PGR. And the Dualshocks are my least favourite controller.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NEStalgia

Atari2600....can't remember.
NES: SMB
GB: Tetris
SNES: SMW
Genesis: Sonic 1
GameGear: Sonic....something. With the hangglider.
VirtualBoy: Mario Virtual Tennis
PC: MechWarrior 2
PS3: Heavenly Blade
X360: Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts (Don't judge me!)
Wii: Wii Sports
3DS: Pilotwings Resort
Vita: Little Deviants (Don't judge me again!)
WiiU: Nintendo Land
PS4: Knack (Seriously, stop **** judging me!!)
Switch: BotW
PSVR: Demo Disc 2 (Moss Demo. The library sold me.)

@Peek-a-boo Lies! There were TONS of amazing games for 3DS after ALBW. Even as a PS4 and WiiU day 1 adopter (and Vita), 3DS consumed most of my gaming time.

@YummyHappyPills I think he's in the honeymoon period. It's a whole new ecosystem with a whole new feel and style and it all seems amazing and new. After some time and it becomes same-old, he'll become more balanced as the novelties of Sony "style" gaming become normalized.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Since we're doing this, I'll list first games I can remember for systems I primarily owned and cared about (so no N64, Wii, etc.):

NES: Super Mario Bros
Gamecube: Metroid Prime
Wii U: Pikmin 3
Nintendo Switch: Breath of the Wild
Game Boy: Super Mario Land
Game Boy Color: Pokemon Silver
GBA: Metroid: Zero Mission
Nintendo DS: Contra 4
Nintendo 3DS: Star Fox 64 3D
Genesis: Road Rash II
Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure
PS1: Spyro the Dragon
PS2: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
PS4: Far Cry 4 (came with the system as a free download)
Xbox 360: Ninja Gaiden 2
PS Vita: Persona 4 Golden

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Dezzy Yes! Played a bit of DS1 and DS3 here and there. One of my friends is a big fan, I don't own the games myself though.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Will you be getting Dark Souls Trilogy for Switch if the rumour is true?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

I would sure as heck get it. Like no doubt.

KryptoniteKrunch

SNES: Super Mario World
N64: Star Fox 64
PS1: WWF Smackdown 2
GBC: Pokemon Yellow
GCN: Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2
GBA: Super Mario World SMA2
PS2: MVP Baseball 2003
Xbox: Silent Hill 2
DS: Mario Kart DS
Wii: Twilight Princess
PS3: Resistance FoM
3DS: Super Mario 3D Land
Vita: Assassins Creed Liberation
Wii U: NSMBU
Switch: BotW

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

CanisWolfred

I'm not going to bother with those lists since most of my "first games" for a system are universally terrible. Only exception is the PSP, with Wipeout Pure....followed quickly by Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow. That was a great time for me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Wow, Ys 8 is breathtakingly good. Just got the Vita version today. Identical to the PS4 version though I think.

They've really taken a massive leap forward in quality from the previous games in the series. The full 3D camera works really well with the combat style the series uses. The music especially is glorious. Sounds kinda like old Sonic music, but better:

Oh and the translation thing is complete nonsense. About 1% of sentences are a bit dodgy, everything else is fine. Cherry picking trolls imo. Had no negative effect on the game so far at all.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy The PS4 version has extra dungeons.

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Unlikely. Bloodborne alone is probably enough for me. There's other games I'm looking forward to more than a DS trilogy.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic