Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 16,084

RR529

irken004 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Got myself a $5 Big Box from Taco Bell for dinner, entered my code, and didn't win...

Oh well, you never win these sorts of things anyway (though, even if I didn't win the PS4, that 1 year free subscription to PS+ would have been nice...)

I ended up seeing like 2 people win PS4's on tumblr from that contest.

Well, I guess I shouldn't have said no one wins, it's more like this is the type of thing I (or anyone I know of in real life) never win.

It would be nice though, and good for those lucky enough to win.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Got myself a $5 Big Box from Taco Bell for dinner, entered my code, and didn't win...

Oh well, you never win these sorts of things anyway (though, even if I didn't win the PS4, that 1 year free subscription to PS+ would have been nice...)

I ended up seeing like 2 people win PS4's on tumblr from that contest.

Well, I guess I shouldn't have said no one wins, it's more like this is the type of thing I (or anyone I know of in real life) never win.

It would be nice though, and good for those lucky enough to win.

A friend of mine won a Vita from the Vita giveaway a few years ago that Taco Bell had. Sadly though he had it stolen from him when his car got broken into.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

irken004

That's a good KZ SF video, reminds me of how KZ Mercenary allows the player to use different methods to complete a mission. I personally tried using stealth to my advantage and it was very fun! Looks like I can use similar methods in the new game.

Also only $50 from fufilling my PS4 preorder!

banacheck

irken004 wrote:

That's a good KZ SF video, reminds me of how KZ Mercenary allows the player to use different methods to complete a mission. I personally tried using stealth to my advantage and it was very fun! Looks like I can use similar methods in the new game.

Also only $50 from fufilling my PS4 preorder!

Yes the different play styles are really good i cannot wait until the 29/11 i'll be playing this to death, i seen AC4 in Asda today for the PS3 but i'll buy it for the PS4. It's only games like Dark Souls II that are only on the PS3 that i'll be buying for the PS3, everything else PS4.

banacheck

shingi_70

About to go to Taco Bell tommorow to try and win a PS4. chances of winning are slim but who knows. Anyword on if any of the Telltale games will be coming to the PS4 next year?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

banacheck

BF4 reviews are rolling in both for current-gen & next-gen consoles, lucky soon to be PS4 owners like myself will be happy to know the PS4 is the superior version.

We’re not saying it’s the superior version… actually, we are - it definitely has the visual edge over the Xbox One version, which will be music to the ears of any future PlayStation 4 owners. Oh yeah, and Sony.

PS4 offers a superior experience on several fronts,” it concluded. “The resolution is higher at 1600x900, as compared to the tried and tested 1280x720 on Xbox One, suffering as it does for more visible aliasing artefacts.”

Not long now untill the release of the PS4 15/11 US, 29/11 EU, cannot wait. What are you lot doing with games like this that are out for both PS3/PS4, are you waiting like me for the PS4 version? or do you plan to get it for the PS3 and or upgrade to the PS4 version?

banacheck

shingi_70

So its a bunch of stuff that most audiences won't care or see. I mean as someone who can see a bit of the difference I don't care about 1080p on any system if were being truthful. I'd rather all games go for 720-900p at 60fps and stuff a ton of detail into the game as a result.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Boot up of Battlefield 4 from the XMB or what ever the new UI is called.

It took about 32 seconds and i'm which seems like a long time. I'm guessing that buffer we be used to pull up the game info page we saw elsewhere when the system is connected.

WAT!

banacheck

You do know it not just prettier? the Ps4 has a better framerate and more power-hungry features such as ambient occlusion. The multiplayer runs better than XboxOnes single player campaign.

Thats running off a dev kit and not the final build of BF4, the final retail release will be optimised even further and the new console's dashboard features a pleasant ambient soundscape,

Mind you the PS4 is pushing 50% more pixels.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

CanisWolfred

banacheck wrote:

You do know it not just prettier? the Ps4 has a better framerate and more power-hungry features such as ambient occlusion. The multiplayer runs better than XboxOnes single player campaign.

Then why didn't you mention those earlier? Or at least post a link to your sources. Because those sound much more important than a slight upgrade in Pixels.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Multiplayer running better than single player is bullahut if I've ever heard it.

WAT!

Tasuki

Went to Taco Bell this evening for dinner and got one of their boxes. Of course I didn't win but was I expecting to? Not really.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SwerdMurd

anyone else get the PS4 controller early today? I did and it's gloooooorious.

Seriously - could not be happier with how it feels. Spent a few hours tonight playing PS3 games with it (wired) and aside from having to sit 3 feet from my TV, as that's the only micro USB i have, it was pretty great. The only things I wasn't a big fan of on the PS3 controller is the rear trigger shape / pull and the D-pad, and both are quite a bit nicer on the PS4 controller. The "clickable" touchscreen feels great too - really wish I could test it on something Only compatibility issue is w/ sixaxis - however the motion control works on the PS4 controller, PS3 can't seem to sense it.

If you ordered an extra controller on Amazon, it should be showing up any minute now.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

banacheck

CanisWolfred wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Then why didn't you mention those earlier? Or at least post a link to your sources. Because those sound much more important than a slight upgrade in Pixels.

I would have thought people would have already read about it seeing as its all over the internet, there where rumours of BF4 running a lot better on the PS4. Just like the rumours of COD Ghosts it runs 1080p/60fps on the PS4 confirmed Xbox One 720p still not confirmed no footage ether same
as titanfall 720p.

banacheck

banacheck

Interesting.

It seems that Titanfall’s just announced Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC exclusivity is still fairly fresh information to the game's creator, as he and the rest of his team only found out about the news recently. “Always Microsoft exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup,” he Tweeted. “EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently.” There was a sad face at the end of his message.
Asked if the developer will work on the PS4 in the future, Zampella stated that it will, and hinted that this may involve future instalments in the mech-‘em-up property. Reading between the lines, we get the sense that the industry legend’s not happy that his team wasn’t consulted on the decision, and that it definitely had a port of the online excursion in mind for Sony’s systems

The first Titanfall is exclusive to Xbox & PC and is staying that why for the life of Titanfall, but

Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella has stressed that this deal only applies to the first Titanfall, and that it will work on the PS4 in future.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Gamer83

SwerdMurd wrote:

anyone else get the PS4 controller early today? I did and it's gloooooorious.

Seriously - could not be happier with how it feels. Spent a few hours tonight playing PS3 games with it (wired) and aside from having to sit 3 feet from my TV, as that's the only micro USB i have, it was pretty great. The only things I wasn't a big fan of on the PS3 controller is the rear trigger shape / pull and the D-pad, and both are quite a bit nicer on the PS4 controller. The "clickable" touchscreen feels great too - really wish I could test it on something Only compatibility issue is w/ sixaxis - however the motion control works on the PS4 controller, PS3 can't seem to sense it.

If you ordered an extra controller on Amazon, it should be showing up any minute now.

Haven't actually gotten a chance to use one yet, but I did see some boxed DS4s on the shelves at the local Gamestop the other day. From what I could tell it looks like what I might consider the perfect controller. All the stuff I've read, such as your post, from people who have used it is extremely positive as well. Can't wait until Nov. 15 to finally get to try it out. First game will be Killzone, looking forward to finally having a Dualshock with some good triggers.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic