Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,261 to 7,280 of 16,084

TuVictus

I'm so glad Sony doesn't seem to be abandoning the vr. Yet, at least. With how the vita and PSTV were sort of left by the wayside, I was worried about the longevity of their more expensive peripheral device. But at the moment they seem comfortable with it. I'm sure the persistence of PC vr is keeping the dream of console VR alive

TuVictus

Octane

@Ralizah Good news! Shadow of the Colossus is confirmed to be (only) €39.99/$39.99!

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Yeah, meaning it'll be around $30 with Amazon Prime. Great price point!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

BLP_Software wrote:

"It makes it feel realistic". Yep. Because we've all been strung up by cults claiming we are possessed by demons and prepare to hang and disembowel us, who then proceed to assault people before being killed by skilled archer kids right before the plant based zombies attack.

I grew up in Scotland.

Octane wrote:

@Ralizah Good news! Shadow of the Colossus is confirmed to be (only) €39.99/$39.99!

That's why I like remasters. Often cheaper, often better and I've often not played the original.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy Scotland, eh? That got a chuckle out of me.

And even better news for the Shadow of the Colossus remake; PS4 Pro owners can play the whole game in 60fps! And there’s choice of playing in a 4K resolution, with HDR at 30fps. More PS4 Pro enabled games should be offering these different visual, resolution and frame rate toggles for us to choose from.

I have started to truly appreciate 60fps an awful lot more these days, especially after playing the likes of Star Wars Battlefront, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, DOOM, Titanfall 2, Gran Turismo Sport and, as of the past few days, Wolfenstein II. It’s surprisingly weary on the eyes going back to 30fps, even though it suits cinematic style games like Uncharted.

Here’s a gameplay trailer for Shadow of the Colossus:

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

TuVictus

Frame rate toggles would be the best thing ever for me. I'd much rather use my Pro for a smoother experience rather than a prettier one

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

Why do we need a PS4 Pro for that?

Why not have an option for highedt resolution possible at 30fps on PS4 and an option for lower resolution 60fps.

You know, the FE Warriors, PS4 Pro, nearly every PC Game thing. Why id it Pro only?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@BLP_Software Because that way you still get the same visuals as on a regular PS4, just with a higher frame rate. I mean, it's not something worth complaining over, no console does it.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane But you could drop to 720p on a base PS4 and get 60fps that way.

Again, FE Warriors. It should at least be an option.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

lol...

Never seen someone so thrilled a game offers 60fps on PS4 Pro.

It's cool. Glad to hear it. Especially seeing as I have a Pro. Not really the sort of thing I would use an exclamation mark over though lol. It's expected. Didn't pay $400 upgrade for games not to run better. Every game should be 60fps on Pro, or at least better resolution. Preferably a choice between the two.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

So I saw people were getting excited over that Ghost game, so I watched the trailer. Looked like the same old Sony cinematics to me. Didn't spot any gameplay. Figures 😏

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haru17

The same old cinematics Sony announced The Legend of Zelda for Wii U with.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

@gcunit I think people were more excited by the fact that it's a Samurai game developed by Sucker Punch, rather than the trailer itself. The trailer was kinda lame.

KirbyTheVampire

gcunit

@KirbyTheVampire Gotcha. Thanks. I've heard of their games, but not played any of them yet, and didn't know who Sucker Punch were.

Octane

Anyway, Ghost has been in development for three-and-a-half years, so we may see a release sooner than later. I expect a gameplay trailer at PSX.

Octane

CanisWolfred

gcunit wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire Gotcha. Thanks. I've heard of their games, but not played any of them yet, and didn't know who Sucker Punch were.

...The inFamous and Sly Cooper guys. I figured you at least played one of those? Their stories always have a comic book edge to them, though, so that trailer really did nothing for me...where are the guys who made Sly Cooper? They certainly weren't involved with that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

BLP_Software wrote:

"It makes it feel realistic". Yep. Because we've all been strung up by cults claiming we are possessed by demons and prepare to hang and disembowel us, who then proceed to assault people before being killed by skilled archer kids right before the plant based zombies attack.

I grew up in Scotland.

Post of the year candidate.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

@Octane Horizon was in development for like five circa 2015 and it still took Sony almost two years to finally release it. They announce their games too early and we shouldn't assume that this will be any different.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

gcunit

@CanisWolfred No, what I mean is, I had to Google them to find out what games they've made.

I bought a PS3 a couple of years ago and have got the Sly trilogy and Infamous games, but haven't touched them yet so am not at the point where I would know they're developed by the same company.

CanisWolfred

gcunit wrote:

@CanisWolfred No, what I mean is, I had to Google them to find out what games they've made.

I bought a PS3 a couple of years ago and have got the Sly trilogy and Infamous games, but haven't touched them yet so am not at the point where I would know they're developed by the same company.

Oh. Okay.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic