Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 fan thread.

Posts 7,261 to 7,280 of 7,517

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tsurii From what I understand they are revamping the Star Wars game (stripping out the single player elements and making it more multiplayer focused).

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haru17

Multiplayer is people's speculation, 'wider' and 'lasting appeal' were the vague things discussed with 'linear story-driven' being what they cited as not being fab enough or whatever the hell they wanted. This game was half-announced too early.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

That's not to say these companies don't have an issue with bad management, they do, but sometimes their expectations are way too unrealistic. So despite making a profit, it simply isn't ''good enough'' for them.

I'm reminded of Tomb Raider 2013. Ended up below Squenix's expectations. Also happens to be the best selling Tomb Raider game in the entire series. Lol. Business idiots.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Ralizah

@Operative2-0 DOOM and Skyrim are both coming to PSVR. They seem like they'd be cool games to play with that technology.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Peek-a-boo

@Operative2-0 Here’s a really good - and useful - list of (sixteen) virtual reality games for those who have picked up a PS VR recently. The article is posted as of the 5th of October so, it is very much up to date too!

The best PlayStation VR titles you buy.

I have played the first hour of Resident Evil VII on the PS VR, and whilst the opening twenty minutes is a little bit underwhelming in terms of visuals (when you are outside in the woods), seeing as you are making a short trek to the Baker house, the moment you step foot indoors, however, it really is an astonishingly tense game.

Area X in Rez Infinite is frequently hailed as the best audiovisual experience you can have in virtual reality, and games like Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and RIGS shows that ‘proper’ games can work on the PS VR.

Oh, and congratulations on both you and your partners pay rise too!

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Well, DOOM VFR is coming to PSVR. The main game was apparently too quick for peoples' stomachs.

And Megaton Rain looks like an interesting PSVR game. Still an ocean away from something that is worth $500+ though, and we don't know if all the old PSVR games will be compatible when PSVR 2 comes out with new motion controllers.

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

Isn't DOOM VFR a completely new game too?

Octane

Haru17

That's what I said.

Dezzy

Sony announcing some new games in a few days at Paris games week, which has apparently become a big thing now?

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/sony-paris-games-week-2017-press-c...

Oh man, imagine if they announce Bloodborne 2 and show us Last Of Us 2 and FF7 remake footage. I would explode. That would easily make it better than this year's E3. Also Tabata said he'd be giving the "roadmap" for the further FF15 stuff in November. So they might announce that. I'd buy the entire game again if they announce the 2018 DLC is them making the second continent in FF15 open world.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy Keep in mind that PSX is early December. They're going to save anything big for that event; like TLOU2 or Death Stranding (possibly). I don't expect anything big out of PGW. Maybe one new game and a few smaller (indie) titles, release dates and more trailers.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

How are we supposed to keep up with which events are supposed to be a big deal or not?
Is PSX owned by Sony or something?

Octane

@Dezzy PSX, PlayStation Experience, is hosted by Sony. Their own little ''E3''. That's where all the great games get revealed, like The Last of Us Part 2 and Knack 2!

In all seriousness, they're not going to waste their biggest guns on Paris Games Week. What's the point in hosting your own event if you can't top your last conference?

The only events that are important are E3, Gamescom*, Tokyo Game Show, Paris Games Week and PlayStation Experience. *Gamescom is shortly after E3, so these days it's mostly a repeat in terms of game reveals, it's still the world's biggest gaming event though (if we don't count that one expo in China...).

Octane

Haru17

And GDC and San Diego Comic Con if you care for the more Ted Talk-y side of the industry.

The only thing I'm counting on being at Paris Games Week is another Monster Hunter trailer and at least one European-made game. WiLD might finally resurface there as it's been in Sony's show there in past years.

Octane

@Haru17 Yeah, I love GDC, but that's not an event for new announcements.

WiLD is a good guess. Monster Hunter too. I expect Shadow of the Colossus as well, they need something to fill in that January Gravity Rush slot. Here's another one: Dreams. Mandatory Horizon Zero Dawn trailer. I don't think they have any other noteworthy studios in Europe. And Spider-Man was also confirmed for PGW.

I expect a game from Sucker Punch at PSX, I mean, they're working on something, right? They're Sony's Retro Studios at this point. I also expect a new game from Japan Studio at PSX, maybe another From Software collaboration.

Octane

YummyHappyPills

To give you guys some grey hairs:

I have no idea what WiLD is. Thats how long its bern MIA and I started following dedicated PS news late 2014.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Haru17

@BLP_Software I'm fully aware that I am more conscious of release dates and show history than most. WiLD is an open world survival game where you can possess and play as animals whose SEO was utterly obliterated by a certain Zelda game when it finally got a title nearly two years after both of their announcements.

Untitled

Octane

@BLP_Software I'm certain there was a second trailer one or two years ago. I think it was announced in 2014.

Octane

YummyHappyPills

Yeah I dont remember that at all.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Octane

@BLP_Software You don't have to. Michel Ancel is working on it, so it'll take another 10 years before it becomes relevant again.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic