Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,221 to 7,240 of 16,083

Dezzy

I may be the only one but I thought that Ignis DLC for FF15 was the best trailer so far.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Here's another new game I keep forgetting the name of; Concrete Genie:

Knowing Sony, this will probably end up as a budget title, like Ratchet & Clank or most of their remasters.

Octane

CanisWolfred

@Octane That looks like it'll be a great movie!

EDIT: Talking specifically about The Ghosts of Tsushima...I apparently missed an entire page...

...Seriously, I'm finding it hard to share your enthusiasm when they didn't even mention what type of game it is. Knowing Sucker PPunch, it'll probably be a stealth/Open World game, but they seriously did not show more than 5 seconds of gameplay, so they may as well have put up a poster saying "we are making a game" like the Metroid Prime 4 "reveal" for all I care...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred They mentioned it being open world after the presentation.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@CanisWolfred They mentioned it being open world after the presentation.

Okay. I didn't actually watch the presentation...honestly didn't know about it until 5 minutes ago...

With that said, I'm trying to get caught up on the trailers, at least for new games. I skipped the PSVR games, mind you, but so far the only one that I'm interested in is The Gardens Between, if only because it looks like one of the few Puzzle games I could see myself having fun with for more than 5 minutes before going "bored now!" and playing something else...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred There's an interview with the devs on the PlayStation YouTube channel. Yes, it's open world, action/adventure with stealth mechanics.

I like to see gameplay too, but I'm not worried it'll be a bad game. I think the "worst" game from SP recently was Second Son, and I still liked it. Plus the setting is a big plus for me.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

A lot of this info is after the fact...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

CanisWolfred

BLP_Software wrote:

A lot of this info is after the fact...

Exactly. :/ Having interviews and whatnot doesn't take away from the fact that they're telling instead of showing. I don't know about you guys, but I really find it hard to care about a game I haven't actually seen yet...

Granted, I'm criticizing the trailer more than anything, but even advertising can be an art, damnit!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

Monster Hunter looks, ahem, meaty, and I'm more worried for The Last of Us 2 than I've ever been. The first game is one of my favorite games ever, the story it told. I also thought Uncharted 4 failed spectacularly to retrofit its campy adventure flick characters into that more considered, serious method of storytelling.

TLOU 2, like Uncharted 4: The Curse of the Retconned Brother, was always Unnecessary with a capital U, smelling of Sony commanding Naughty Dog to milk a sequel out of that world because the first one sold well and nothing can ever just finally die in 2017. It could be an issue of lacking context since we know literally nothing about the game, but that scene seemed really tone deaf to me — something that TLOU 1 never was. Just compare the torture scene in the first game, it's violent but it's not this violent, there is both restraint and brutality. Now they're talking about demons and apostates and I'm just very, very worried.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred As Ive said many of these games we knew about and didnt get release dates in the event.

Until 1 got dated shortly after by about half an hour.

And now this new game isnt being shown. Its being told.

Is this their marketkng for games going forward? Tell us for a year, show it the following year, and give dates when everyone already turned away because the event ended

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Haru17 True, I was more surprised it was TLOU, I fully expected it to be a new IP. Obviously they were trying to go for a shock factor, we shall see how this fits in the final game. The first trailer seemed much more in line of what I expect of a TLOU sequel.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Right? I thought it was an enemy faction in Days Gone or something until I saw the clickers. TLOU2 and Days Gone coexisting in the same marketing cycle has made Sony conferences so confusing XD.

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

@Haru17 No offence to Bend Studio, but Days Gone never looked that good, it's an open-world after all and all cut scenes are in-game. So I never expected it to be Days Gone. My initial thought was TLOU, like for the first 5 seconds. Because the animations looked very "Naughty Dog". However, no Ellie or Joel and demon talk had me doubting, I was convinced it was something new.

Octane

CanisWolfred

...So is anyone else playing specific games to celebrate Halloween with? So far I've played Bloodborne, Darkstalkers: Resurrection, and Doom II, and I'm gonna get to Devil May Cry 3 (or maybe 4, I'm not sure) after dinner. Maybe Disgaea, too, if I it won't take up too much time.

Oh yeah, and Overwatch, Gigantic (PC), Paragon, and Smite all have Halloween events going on, so I'm counting those, too...even though I was going to play them anyways...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

Is there such a thing as ‘too many games?

After that presentation, it certainly does seem to be the case. No complaints from me however, my time to play games becomes less frequent these days and thus, seeing all these brand new announcements:

Ghost of Tsushima (this looks AMAZING, and is a brand new IP too)
Blood & Truth (looks like a ‘proper’ VR game)
Concrete Genie
Erica (PlayLink)
The Gardens Between
Guacamelee 2
Hong Kong Massacre
LocoRoco 2
Oure
Resident Evil VII - Not a Hero (DLC chapter)
Spelunky 2
Tennis World Tour (FINALLY A TENNIS GAME!)

Makes me go:

Untitled

And that’s not including an extended look at Detroit: Become Human, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds, Shadow of the Colossus (due out on the 9th of February!), Spider-Man and a surprisingly graphic trailer of The Last of Us Part II. Only until those clickers rushed towards the new characters did I know it was that game!

A little bit disappointed we didn’t get to see Dreams or WiLD though.

To think I thought that 2017 was going to be the peak year for the PlayStation 4...

@Ralizah : p

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo

Nintendo: Too many games
Sony: Too many games
Microsoft: Lack of games but "World's most powerful console!"

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Sounds like a good line up to be sure. I'll be keeping an eye out for some of these titles. (The indie stuff I'll wait and see if it ports to switch)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haru17

Yeah, it is cool Sucker Punch got to do something new. Hopefully they're one of the few western devs that can do melee combat. The game probably won't be out until 2020 though, given Sony's track record with announcements.

KirbyTheVampire

I honestly wasn't that shocked by the TLOU 2 trailer. The first game was pretty violent, too. The trailer was more brutal than the first game, but not by all that much. I won't like it if it goes too far past that, because then the game will just unnecessarily become a gore-fest, but I didn't think it was that overblown. I honestly expected the girl to slit her stomach right open after I read all the comments about how shockingly violent the trailer was, lol.

The whole culty thing could get a little cringy, though. I hope it's not a super big part of the game. Zombie apocalypse stories do tend to overdo the whole "fall of humanity" thing by making almost everyone absolutely psychotic.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

Long list of games but... hardly any of them really interest me. Couldn't be bothered to finish Final Fantasy XV and despite buying the season pass, don't really have any interest to play it now. Regretted buying RE7. Too evil (I like the Revelations approach but not this Evil Within type stuff). And that's why don't really get excited for their conferences because they rarely announce anything that actually gets me hyped.

I think I'll grab Ni No Kuni Collector Edition, MH World Collector Edition, Shadow of the Colossus (CE if they make one) and Biomutant (provided new information doesn't come out or people say the game is mediocre or something). Don't really care for too many games on PS4 but the ones I do like, I really like. Which honestly, that's kind of how I am with all games- if I don't like the game enough to buy a collectors edition (provided they make one) then it's probably not going to get played.

@Ryu_Niiyama
Tennis World Tour is coming to Switch.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic