Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,081 to 7,100 of 16,083

NaviAndMii

I wonder whether GT Sport should set the 'default' Sportsmanship Rating for newbies a notch lower?

I think players (in the β at least) start off at SR rank 'B' - which means that you can never guarantee that rank B is crazed-maniac free! I drove like a gentleman, but still never got promoted beyond the entry-level rank (even dipped to C for a period) ..to me, it should be something that you earn: make the default for newbies rank C (and make it relatively easy to get promoted or demoted from), make B for proven clean drivers, make A for drivers who were born clean - with S (top rank) reserved for the elite ..and I also think that slowing down to elapse your penalty should count for more (no SR drop) - as you've conscientiously atoned for your error.

I'm hoping that - because it was labelled as a 'β' rather than a straight up demo - they may tweak the SR system in time for a Day 1 (or early) patch...it has a lot of potential - and for me it seemed to work reasonably well (although, by chance, I was seemingly able to avoid a lot of the maniacs!) - but it could perhaps do with a little fine-tuning

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

gcunit

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@gcunit I can’t not disagree with you

That's really not fair to do that to someone - my head hurts. That's like... a triple negative... so you do disagree... but then you seem to agree....

Must be bedtime.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah It is a pretty respectable list, given that far too many magazines, websites and Twitch/YouTube broadcasters give out 10’s like candy. Ironically, Nintendo Life is one of the worse examples of this...

Just twenty games received a 10 in a space of twenty four years from a single publication, which is really, really rare to see. Personally speaking, I don’t agree with half the list myself, mostly because there are one too many repeated series however, that’s just my opinion! They are all individually brilliant games within their respective genres, whether I enjoyed them (as much as they did) or not.

I’m mostly just pleased to see Super Mario Odyssey getting a 10.

@NaviAndMii I am positively sure that they are using the demo as a ‘final test’, and they’ll be able to tweak and fine tune certain elements. The review copies are going to be sent out to the press in the middle of the week so, we shall soon see if there are some subtle changes between the demo and the final retail copy.

p.s. This is what GT Sport looks like when you play the game using a PS VR. It looks incredible!

Untitled

@gcunit Untitled

@Octane I cannot wait to go back to playing in Aloy’s frozen world!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

That's really not fair to do that to someone - my head hurts. That's like... a triple negative... so you do disagree... but then you seem to agree....

My brain refuses to process triple negatives. It simply stops functioning and demands people remove 2 of those negatives before proceeding.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NaviAndMii

Dezzy wrote:

gcunit wrote:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

My brain refuses to process triple negatives. It simply stops functioning and demands people remove 2 of those negatives before proceeding.

I don't not agree with that

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo I'm not saying it's a bad list. I just thought it was funny how many of those games I was either underwhelmed by or actively disliked. Take it as another example of my "eccentric tastes," if you like.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

^To be fair, I don't usually agree with the tastes of people here, yet I always considered my tastes to be "ecclectic" rather than "eccentric". I like a lot of mainstream games...just not the ones the people in this thread usually care about.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

If anyone's still looking for a decent PS4 bundle, here's one:

Untitled

Octane

TuVictus

Speaking of the VR, supposed to be getting one as a birthday gift. To be honest it's only for Resident Evil, because otherwise I'd much prefer a PC headset

TuVictus

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane LMAO goodness, how much does that cost? googles furiously

EDIT: sees price....

Untitled

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NaviAndMii

@Ryu_Niiyama $46,000 - or at least it was...it has apparently sold out!

Not a bad deal if you've got that sort of cash, to be fair - but the 'GT Sport + DualShock 4 controller' bundle was more in my kind of price range, so I went with that instead! (..and only because my current, broken DS4 needs replacing!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Ryu_Niiyama

@NaviAndMii I mean I guess if I was going to buy the car and I wanted to play video games sure.... Ah well people spend their money how they like. No haters over here.

Wait so do you get the car when the game comes out? That would suck.

Hey I got a sweet ride...got to go to gamestop to pick it up...anybody got bus fare?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Apparently Bioware have lost one of the main guys who was working on Dragon Age 4:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-mass-effect-vete...

This sounds familiar. The company that made the original Dragon Age and Mass Effect seems like it no longer exists. Are there any developers who EA bought that didn't slowly decay like this?

NaviAndMii wrote:

I don't not agree with that

I don't think that wasn't a double rather than a triple.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

Negatives hurt my brain. Stahp!

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NaviAndMii

Out of curiosity, I just Googled the price of a 2018 Mazda MX5 and got quoted between $31,900 (for the base model) and $42,200 (top-end ..both less than I had initially presumed) ..the TV's probably about $4000 ..PS4 Pro + PSVR + 12mo Subscription + game + Thrustmaster wheel + Apiga racing seat ≈ $1500 (?) ..so unless the car is a top, top end model - maybe it's not such a good deal?? ...for that reason:

Untitled

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Peek-a-boo

@NaviAndMii I cannae believe you didn't like my pitch...

Untitled

This time tomorrow, I will be playing Gran Turismo Sport, hooray!

Eurogamer were the first publication/website to drop a review for said game:

Gran Turismo Sport loses the breadth that's defined the series, but introduces something just as valuable in its place.

If the campaign is geared towards making you a better driver, the online puts systems in place to ensure you're a better racer. I've already spoken a little about how Gran Turismo Sport wisely cribs from iRacing, in my view the premier sim on PC, for its online, appropriating the safety rating system that leads towards fairer, more enjoyable racing.

The result is some of the most exciting online racing I've come across on console, an enjoyably approachable spin on iRacing's formula that makes for tense and - mostly - fair match-ups.

Let's not forget what's been lost for the series' PlayStation 4 debut, though. There's none of that old scope, and only a fraction of the old madness that made Gran Turismo so endearing. There are no lunar rovers, no 19th century single horsepowered wagons and not even anything by way of an open wheel racer to be found in its car list at launch.

Yet, conversely, this is possibly the most focussed, directly enjoyable game Polyphony Digital has put out since the heady days of Gran Turismo 3. Racing improves the breed, industrialist Soichiro Honda once said, and Gran Turismo Sport is proof positive of that.

Comparing GT Sport to my all-time favourite Gran Turismo game?

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic