Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,021 to 7,040 of 16,084

Haruki_NLI

So you can try out PSVR at locations around the US.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryno

Peek-a-boo wrote:

p.s. They should buy an hourly advert slot to put on Fox News, but then again, their dumb viewers probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference...

Really???

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Haruki_NLI

So GT Sport has an unusual level of detail inside vehicles.

Personally I believe if you wont see the detail why bother as that time in development and system resources can be better used elsewhere, but the detail is extraordinary.

Gamer83

I think the whole Nazi thing pisses people off because these days if you don't agree with some moron on the left it's automatically 'you're sexist,' 'you're racist' or 'you're a Nazi.' That's not to say the right is perfect either (there obviously are morons on that side although I come from a family that is mostly conservative and while I don't agree with them on almost anything I also know they're not all Nazi sympathizers) and that there aren't problems in the country. But both sides need to stop being so f'ing stupid and going to the extreme on EVERY issue that arises.

Gamer83

diwdiws

Gamer83 wrote:

. they're not all Nazi sympathizers

So....there are some?

diwdiws

Ralizah

I can't wait to see how long it takes for this thread to blow up.

@Gamer83 I commented on an article on a left-wing website the other day and said that people shouldn't try to justify antifa's violence just because it benefits their political "side." The people there called me a "nazi apologist" and deleted my post. lol

This is all especially funny considering how much hand-wringing leftists did about "political violence" at Trump rallies. But, as soon as their candidate loses, groups of masked thugs attacking people they disagree with politically is somehow justifiable?

Anyway, back on topic, it's stupid for people to get upset about this. The Bethesda people are obviously using the current political climate to make their game more visible. If I was their PR person, I probably wouldn't be able to resist either. Unless you're an actual Nazi, you probably shouldn't take offense at this.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Anyway, back on topic, it's stupid for people to get upset about this. The Bethesda people are obviously using the current political climate to make their game more visible. If I was their PR person, I probably wouldn't be able to resist either. Unless you're an actual Nazi, you probably shouldn't take offense at this.

Yeah that's probably the more likely and charitable interpretation. They're competing in a genre where Wolfenstein is basically near the bottom of the pile. Anything to try and get more attention is good.
And they did begin making this game long before the Charlottesville stuff, so the actual developers weren't trying to push a political agenda. Probably just marketing people thinking it might benefit them.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah I've been trying to put this thread back onto some PS4 related topics that weren't political, just don't bother and let it burn!

Though I do find it interesting how long this thread stays on one game compared to the other System topic threads.

Haruki_NLI

Got to say, listening over the Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal OST again, prepping myself and planning out the structure for my upcoming Let's Play of the game, humorously starting 4 years to the day after I finished Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded (I er...got sidetracked...a lot...) and I gotta say, I forgot how good this OST is.

Get another in this series on PS4? I wont turn that SOB off for a week straight.

Ralizah

@BLP_Software I saw. You did an admirable job, but sometimes discussions just have to play out. Thankfully, nothing has blown up... yet.

On the topic of OSTs, Persona 5's soundtrack has some wonderful jogging music!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

BLP_Software wrote:

upcoming Let's Play of the game, humorously starting 4 years to the day after I finished Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded (I er...got sidetracked...a lot...) and I

Did you write that on the calendar or something?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

@Dezzy I saw a few weeks ago that I was low on content coming up, so figured hey, I've been sidetracked, lets do R&C3 finally! So I went back and check when I ended R&C2, and as it works out, Oct. 30th 2013, and I saw Oct 30 is a Monday this year, so it just works out, so I'm holding off until then, just to plan it out better.

Its absolute pure coincidence, but when I saw it would work with the scheduling I just said screw it it can wait an extra week.

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So SFV is finally getting an arcade mode and some other stuff in January.

Oh my God, how did I miss that news?! Yes! That's all I wanted! And now I well and truly, TRULY regret buying SFV day one!

...CURSE YOU HINDSIGHT! I could've saved $60 and a LOT of aggrivation if I just followed fighting games' golden rule: don't ever buy the first iteration.

EDIT: Oh, and I see Godwin's Law has already taken effect. C'mon, guys, stay classy. We were going for a record, here.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

@diwdiws
There aren't any in my family and my grand fathers fought in World War II. Appreciate the smart donkery though. And with that, I'll drop the political stuff.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Gamer83

Octane

Looks like Ōkami HD is only €20/€25 on PS4! That's a generous price I think, and I'm definitely willing to buy the game another time for that price!

Octane

Peek-a-boo

The Gran Turismo Sport β demo is absolutely fantastic!

The areas that I am digging so far are :

• That driving ‘feel’ when you use the analogue sticks.
  • The lighting (engine) is the best I have seen this generation.
  • Those ‘Scapes’ are truly astonishing; best photo mode ever!
  • Polyphony Digital are always the king of replays, and they have upped their game considerably too.
  • I really like the menu UI this time around, which felt a little bit sterile in GT6.

Whilst I am more of a single player guy, the online mode is a genuine revelation, from the way the lobbies are implemented, the unique ‘sportsmanship’ rating for each driver, the surprising quickness of getting a race started and the way the UI flows dynamically into each screen, rather than the static ‘cut to menu’ transition of old.

What's extra great is the progression system.

A lot of folks thought that Gran Turismo Sport would not have a proper campaign, but what's here is surprisingly deep and layered. The milestones system is where you get the most EXP and after I booting the demo up again this morning, I gained a lot of EXP and other progression rewards, mostly from the time I spent in the game prior to today (miles driven, livery setup, races won, etc.).

It almost feels like an RPG styled driving game, and one that you don't even have to worry about tinkering with, given that these milestones are quietly tucked away into the background... because you are having so much fun doing the variety of daily events on offer!

And it ain’t half a looker either!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

p.s. Oh, and the soundtrack selection is AMAZING! The last Gran Turismo game that had a soundtrack as good as this was Gran Turismo 3 back in 2001.

Peek-a-boo

gcunit

@Peek-a-boo Ooh, a demo, I'll have to get that. Does it limit the number of times you can play?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Gamer83

GT Sport looks great. The problem is, it pales in comparison to Forza Motorsport in almost every other category. I was hoping after 6 (which was clearly rushed as one more cash-in on the large PS3 userbase) that series debut on PS4 would get it back on track. After playing the demo, I'm thinking it might be time for me to just give up on GT, which is a shame because there was a time it was one of PlayStation's premier franchises.

Gamer83

electrolite77

Gamer83 wrote:

GT Sport looks great. The problem is, it pales in comparison to Forza Motorsport in almost every other category. I was hoping after 6 (which was clearly rushed as one more cash-in on the large PS3 userbase) that series debut on PS4 would get it back on track. After playing the demo, I'm thinking it might be time for me to just give up on GT, which is a shame because there was a time it was one of PlayStation's premier franchises.

Yebbut....I've just played it on my Pro in (whatever take on) 4K it's using and it does look absolutely superb. I mean, woah. I'm not a graphics whore but it's an eye-popper.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic