Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 16,083

Jaz007

@Gamer83 Naughty Dog aren't taking a long vacation and neither are Sony's other studios. I want to see more games annouced too and that was one of my problems with Gamescom, and it left a bit dissapointed with the conference, but seriously, come down, they are being made. And for the record Vita has been out a lot longer and it's not like mostly all of Sony's studios are working on a game for it. You're getting a bit too worked up here.

Jaz007

triforcepower73

I would buy this- and I really do want to- if I just had the spare money. I could come up with $400 but there are a lot of other things I need to put my money towards first. This would also be my first PS product. Maybe sometime in the future.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

You seem to be wanting too much or underestimating where gaming is going. Hell Microsoft's output is about to look similar as hell with the ID@Xbox program starting and microsoft investing in smaller developers.

If MS goes down the same route I'll slam that company too when the time comes. Right now though MS seems to better understand that there are still a lot of people (outside of the Sony slaves who will just blindly follow that company no matter what it does) who are dropping good money for new machines to play more than just damn indie games. If that's all I wanted, I already have a Vita and an Ouya would save me $300. Sony needs to get its sh*t together, that's the bottomline. The indie output it great, now show me why I shouldn't feel like its trying to rip us off with the price of a PS4.

Microsoft understands it so much

Retail
Halo
Ryse
Forza 5
Dead Rising
Kinect Sports Rivals
Quantum Break

Digital only (or the indies as you so call them)
Killer Instinct
Powerstar Golf
Crimson Dragon
Lococycle
Zoo Tycoon
Max: Curse of the Brotherhood
Minecraft
Colbalt
Peggle 2
Below
D4 Episoide 1
Fable Legends
Project Spark
Codename Class 4

Sony
Driveclub
Knack
Killzone: Shadowfall
The Order 1886
Infamous second Son
Shadow of the Beast

Digital
ResoGun
Hohokum
Doki DOki Universe
Flower
Helldivers
Everybody's gone to the rapture
Rime

so just about even/

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Gamer83 wrote:

AAA gaming costs a lot both for consumers and developers, but there's millions of people who want to play the next Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield, Halo, Gears, GTA, Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider, Uncharted etc... If these games go by the wayside, gaming will not be better off for it. Now, price a console at something in the $100-$200 range and I really don't care what games are made for it as long as they're good. For an expensive, high powered machine, I want something that makes use of the hardware and MS seems to get this right now because there actually a balance I'm satisfied with when I look at that console. Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and Halo all within year one is more than enough on the retail side.

I'm still not in the mood to rant, so I'll say this: AAA retail games will never go by the wayside. There are far too many gamers interested in those kinds of games, as you said. However, to help fund those big projects, they need to also impliment smaller projects that can be made faster and have a chance of raking in some extra profit. Because, you, see, on the PS3 and 360, development costs were already getting to the point where a game can sell millions and still underperform. That's only going to get worse this gen, so they needed to do something about that.

If you don't like that, and feel you won't get enough out of the PS4 on launch, then don't buy it at launch. The Xbox One, however, is even more focused on smaller games, as Sony_70 conveniently pointed out, so I don't know if you'll do better with them in the longrun or not. The PS3 and 360 will still have plenty of support for the next year or two. By then, there'll more AAA games will be out for you to play, and if not, well, you saved yourself $400-$500+.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

citizenerased

This is honestly the first time I've ever heard someone complain we need more blockbuster sequels. All of the franchises he mentioned are being milked to death.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Gamer83

citizenerased wrote:

This is honestly the first time I've ever heard someone complain we need more blockbuster sequels. All of the franchises he mentioned are being milked to death.

I was using those games more as examples of the types of games that people want, but since you brought it up, GTA IV was 2008, it's now 2013 and V is on the way. Last Tomb Raider before the new one was 2008. Battlefield is not annualized nor is Gran Turismo. Uncharted isn't milked anywhere near as much as some Nintendo franchises. Assassin's Creed and Halo have been milked but both still sell very well. CoD has been absolutely milked to death and guess what? It's battling with Just Dance for top selling game each year. Aslo, I mentioned 3 great looking new IPs headed to Xbox One in Quantum Break, Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive. Those kind of games are needed and wanted, I don't care what anyone says. I'm also not saying indie games aren't welcome because they are, but you need a nice mix of both experiences. Sony doesn't seem to have found that balance for PS4. I'm guessing it probably will but this could turn into a situation like with PS3 where it was more useful as a doorstop from 2006-2008 then it was as a game console.

@CanisWolfred
It's not actually PS4's launch day games that bother me. It's day one with Killzone and Drive Club alone makes it one infinately better than the joke that was PS3's entire first year. It's the 2014 lineup beyond that which I'm not loving though. I'm still buying a PS4 at launch because I already have it pre-ordered, I want to get into next-gen as soon as possible and inFamous: Second Son is one of my anticipated games right now. There's some stuff Sony is doing that bothers me, and because I'm not somebody who pledges allegiance to any of these 3 giant corporations that put out pieces of plastic, I make posts about it. But I don't think I'm as down on PS4 as maybe it comes across on the internet. I'm going to drop it though, we've got two new consoles coming out this year and Nintendo finally stepping up to the plate with big first party releases for Wii U. This is a time to be excited not focusing on negatives, I've done that too much. None of the consoles are perfect and never will be, but I'm sure when it's all said and done the pluses will far outnumber the minuses.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

banacheck

Quite a few developers working on both Xbox One & PS4, are confirming there is a 40%-50% performance difference, read this statement.

Multiple high-level game development sources have described the difference in performance between the consoles as “significant” and “obvious.”

Now the bad news

One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers.

In the article thay go into details and that, but it was the quote above that got me. But at least we know Sonys first parties, will not pull this crap.

banacheck

Gamer83

banacheck wrote:

Quite a few developers working on both Xbox One & PS4, are confirming there is a 40%-50% performance difference, read this statement.

Multiple high-level game development sources have described the difference in performance between the consoles as “significant” and “obvious.”

Now the bad news

One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers.

In the article thay go into details and that, but it was the quote above that got me. But at least we know Sonys first parties, will not pull this crap.

All the second part says to me is we have to hope consumers vote with their wallets and go PS4 then. If PS4 has a bigger userbase maybe not all but I would think a lot of third parties would make it the lead platform. If that means a sh*t Xbox One version, oh well. Developers had no problem releasing awful PS3 multiplats early in this current gen and if it's clear PS4 has the larger userbase then it's very possible the reverse will happen this time whether MS likes it or not.

Gamer83

banacheck

Sony forms Third Party team, announces exclusive content from 21 companies

This news coincides with the announcement of exclusive content from 21 publishers coming to PlayStation 4.

Activision Blizzard – Diablo 3 content
Atlus
Bethesda Games – The Elder Scrolls Online exclusive PlayStation 4 beta
Bluepoint Games – “Bringing a Sony classic to current game systems”
Bungie – Destiny content
Capcom – Deep Down
Disney Interactive
EA
Insomniac Games
Konami
Level-5
Nordic Games
Rockstar Games
Sanzaru Games
Sega
Square Enix
Sumo Digital
Take-Two
Ubisoft – Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag content, Watch Dogs content
Warner Bros. – Batman: Arkham Origins content
Zindagi Games

banacheck

banacheck
This is one of the indie games i'm really looking forwards too, i'm surprised no one else has pointed it out. The art style is smart and so is the gameplay, the gameplay is different to anything else. What do you guys think, smart yes?

banacheck

banacheck

CanisWolfred wrote:

^I've only mentioned it like 5 times in this thread alone...

I haven't gone thought the whole thread, my bad.

banacheck

shingi_70

DAT music

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

New OS shots
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Looks great but I still prefer Xbone and Wii U.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

LzWinky

banacheck wrote:

Sony forms Third Party team, announces exclusive content from 21 companies

This news coincides with the announcement of exclusive content from 21 publishers coming to PlayStation 4.

Activision Blizzard – Diablo 3 content
Atlus
Bethesda Games – The Elder Scrolls Online exclusive PlayStation 4 beta
Bluepoint Games – “Bringing a Sony classic to current game systems”
Bungie – Destiny content
Capcom – Deep Down
Disney Interactive
EA
Insomniac Games
Konami
Level-5
Nordic Games
Rockstar Games
Sanzaru Games
Sega
Square Enix
Sumo Digital
Take-Two
Ubisoft – Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag content, Watch Dogs content
Warner Bros. – Batman: Arkham Origins content
Zindagi Games

And EA will either releases their games on other systems or pull out when sales are low

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

I might actually give Deep Down a shot if its free...in fact, I'm looking forward to a lot of f2p ps4 games. Maybe because they're all shooters. The only way I'd play a shooter is if it was free.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Free to Play with a Beta at the Japanese PS4 launch. Going to try it but it's probably not my cup of tea.

WAT!

Sleepingmudkip

@Sony_70 sorry to bother you but do you know if drive club will be like need for speed because im a ps4 around late 2014 as i dont have the money right now but i want to make my list now.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic