Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,477

AuthorMessage
Avatar

citizenerased

681. Posted:

oh man, all the indie support's looking great! I've got a huge backlog but I'm looking forward to picking up my $200 second-hand PS4 in 2-3 years.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

682. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Indies, indies, indies. Can we see some blockbuster retail productions please?! I'm really started to get worried about what I dropped $400 for.

Announced at today's PS4 event

-Dynasty Warrior's 7 from Tecmo Koei
-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Wonder Flick from Level-5
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Lilly Bergamo from grasshopper
-

Yeah... That list is dreadful only game there with a slight chance of being decent is Deep Down, Sony needs to get its act together because PS4 year one is a compete joke right now.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EdJericho

683. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Indies, indies, indies. Can we see some blockbuster retail productions please?! I'm really started to get worried about what I dropped $400 for.

Announced at today's PS4 event

-Dynasty Warrior's 7 from Tecmo Koei
-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Wonder Flick from Level-5
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Lilly Bergamo from grasshopper
-

Don't forget Idolmaster and Dream C Club. Those 2 alone are enough to get otakus to buy a PS4.... if only they'd get licensed to the west....

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

684. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Indies, indies, indies. Can we see some blockbuster retail productions please?! I'm really started to get worried about what I dropped $400 for.

Announced at today's PS4 event

-Dynasty Warrior's 7 from Tecmo Koei
-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Wonder Flick from Level-5
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Lilly Bergamo from grasshopper
-

Yeah... That list is dreadful only game there with a slight chance of being decent is Dep Down, Sony needs to get its act together because PS4 year one is a compete joke right now.

All of them should at the very least be decent, if not really good or even great, all of them (except maybe Deep Down) would appeal to a Japanese audience (you do know that press conference was for Japan, right?), and lastly, don't you dare knock on Guilty Gear. :|

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

685. Posted:

The unannounced titles you will not hear about untill next year, it's near the end of the year now, with the PS3 still releasing AAA games.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

686. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Indies, indies, indies. Can we see some blockbuster retail productions please?! I'm really started to get worried about what I dropped $400 for.

Announced at today's PS4 event

-Dynasty Warrior's 7 from Tecmo Koei
-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Wonder Flick from Level-5
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Lilly Bergamo from grasshopper
-

Yeah... That list is dreadful only game there with a slight chance of being decent is Dep Down, Sony needs to get its act together because PS4 year one is a compete joke right now.

A system that isn't even released yet and you want them to show off every single title they have in development? Sony's smart for trickling out their releases until they're ready to.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

687. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Indies, indies, indies. Can we see some blockbuster retail productions please?! I'm really started to get worried about what I dropped $400 for.

Announced at today's PS4 event

-Dynasty Warrior's 7 from Tecmo Koei
-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Wonder Flick from Level-5
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Lilly Bergamo from grasshopper
-

Yeah... That list is dreadful only game there with a slight chance of being decent is Dep Down, Sony needs to get its act together because PS4 year one is a compete joke right now.

A system that isn't even released yet and you want them to show off every single title they have in development? Sony's smart for trickling out their releases until they're ready to.

Not every release, but a hell of a lot more than they've shown so far.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

688. Posted:

Last I checked, there are two Final Fantasy games, an inFamous game, a Killzone, and at least 4 or 5 new ips, along with a bucket loaf of indie games, all within the First year for the US...what more do you want?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

689. Posted:

I'm getting a PS4 when Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV and Witcher 3 comes out. So far, it seems like Kingdom Hearts 3 and even Final Fantasy XV won't come out until 2014 or later. Witcher 3 should be coming sometime in 2014 unless it gets delayed. Am I the only guy who thinks its kinda sad and weird that the PS4 (which is made from a Japanese company named Sony) is coming to Japan AFTER America??? I mean, think about that. Japan isn't getting the PS4 until Feburary 22nd... Take America's launch of the PS4 and put it in Japan. Is Sony worried it wouldn't sell well in Japan (its freaking hometown country) at the same time Americans got the PS4??? And you know what else is funny? It'ss strange considering Japan were the first to get the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and PSVita... but not the PS4? I'm really curious to see how Japan reacts to the PS4 because they will ultimately determine how many JRPGs come to the PS4.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

690. Posted:

@Gamer83

Dude come on so far we have from sony themselves

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Killzone: Shadowfall
-Infamous: Second Son
-Shadow of the beast
-The Order: 1886
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers
-MLB: The Show (not confrimed but we know its coming)

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters
-Dynasty Warrior's 8 extreme Legends
-Phantom Breaker Overdrive

We still my get some stuff coming out of TGS proper as well. The One annoucment I reallt thought was going to come but never did was Soul Sacrifice Vita or Demon Souls 2.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

691. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

@Gamer83

Dude come on so far we have from sony themselves

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Killzone: Shadowfall
-Infamous: Second Son
-Shadow of the beast
-The Order: 1886
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers
-MLB: The Show (not confrimed but we know its coming)

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters
-Dynasty Warrior's 8 extreme Legends
-Phantom Breaker Overdrive

We still my get some stuff coming out of TGS proper as well. The One annoucment I reallt thought was going to come but never did was Soul Sacrifice Vita or Demon Souls 2.

Interesting list but its a shame that Persona 5 isn't on there. Then again... There is that huge rumor that a Persona game has been in development for 3DS for the past 3 years (Wikipedia boasts this.not exactly reliable but they are right on gaming stuff sometimes). But I do realize that Atlus' Persona series usually sticks with Sony brand products just like Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssesy are usually only on Nintendo platforms. HOWEVER... In JAPAN, where this really only matters... Where would Persona 5 go to? PS4 or 3DS? If I was Atlus, I would make a 3DS version because Persona 5 on 3DS would sell like crazy. MONSTROUS sales. I would also put Persona 5 on PS4 so Sony fans can enjoy it as they should. The 3DS is a huge market in Japan and I think Atlus would make alotta money by putting Persona 5 on 3DS. Man, I wish I could read some articles about how Japan gamers feel about the PS4 and how they are freaking getting the console later than America. I keep bringing up Japan because I want the PS4 to become a haven for JRPGS and the PS4 shoulda had like 2-3 different JRPGs for launch day (if you ask me). Sony's diehard fanbase is composed of JRPG lovers!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

692. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

@Gamer83

Dude come on so far we have from sony themselves

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Killzone: Shadowfall
-Infamous: Second Son
-Shadow of the beast
-The Order: 1886
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers
-MLB: The Show (not confrimed but we know its coming)

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters
-Dynasty Warrior's 8 extreme Legends
-Phantom Breaker Overdrive

We still my get some stuff coming out of TGS proper as well. The One annoucment I reallt thought was going to come but never did was Soul Sacrifice Vita or Demon Souls 2.

Yup,lots of games, most not worth a damn. Killzone, inFamous and,if it's on PS4, MLB The Show, will be awesome, everything else, we'll see. Most of the indie stuff is on Vita as well and I own a Vita so I'm all set if some of those games turn out great. I didn't drop $400 on PS4 to get saddled with an indie machine though.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

citizenerased

693. Posted:

Why don't you cancel your pre-order? If it has tons of games announced that people are excited about, and you're not, it's clearly not a machine for you (yet).

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

694. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

@Gamer83

Dude come on so far we have from sony themselves

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Killzone: Shadowfall
-Infamous: Second Son
-Shadow of the beast
-The Order: 1886
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers
-MLB: The Show (not confrimed but we know its coming)

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters
-Dynasty Warrior's 8 extreme Legends
-Phantom Breaker Overdrive

We still my get some stuff coming out of TGS proper as well. The One annoucment I reallt thought was going to come but never did was Soul Sacrifice Vita or Demon Souls 2.

Yup,lots of games, most not worth a damn. Killzone, inFamous and,if it's on PS4, MLB The Show, will be awesome, everything else, we'll see. Most of the indie stuff is on Vita as well and I own a Vita so I'm all set if some of those games turn out great. I didn't drop $400 on PS4 to get saddled with an indie machine though.

You seem to be wanting too much or underestimating where gaming is going. Hell Microsoft's output is about to look similar as hell with the ID@Xbox program starting and microsoft investing in smaller developers.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dreamsleep

695. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

I'm getting a PS4 when Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV and Witcher 3 comes out. So far, it seems like Kingdom Hearts 3 and even Final Fantasy XV won't come out until 2014 or later. Witcher 3 should be coming sometime in 2014 unless it gets delayed. Am I the only guy who thinks its kinda sad and weird that the PS4 (which is made from a Japanese company named Sony) is coming to Japan AFTER America??? I mean, think about that. Japan isn't getting the PS4 until Feburary 22nd... Take America's launch of the PS4 and put it in Japan. Is Sony worried it wouldn't sell well in Japan (its freaking hometown country) at the same time Americans got the PS4??? And you know what else is funny? It'ss strange considering Japan were the first to get the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and PSVita... but not the PS4? I'm really curious to see how Japan reacts to the PS4 because they will ultimately determine how many JRPGs come to the PS4.

Japan has moved to a more handheld-centric audience. It's not the same as it was in the PS1, or PS2 days. And, from November, 2013, to February 2014, is only 4 months. It's not really that long, and if the Japanese games needed that time, what were they to do? It's smart, really. Sony doesn't have to worry about Microsoft at all in Japan. And, to take advantage of the Xbone's stumbling out of the gate, they are hitting hard in NA, and EU.

Sony is doing everything right, as people in Japan are going to buy Sony's system anyway, once FFXV, KH3, Persona 5, etc., come out.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

696. Posted:

I'll be getting Killzone at launch, and The Order and Second Son as soon as humanly possible. I really wanna play knack... And FF XV is gonna be dangling in front of my nose for years just like XIII did after PS3 launch. I'm quite looking forward to the social side of things as well - can't wait to see how the sharing stuff works in person, as I think it could add a pretty awesome unified dimension that's now filled by some combo between GameFAQs, youtube, twitch, facebook.

I will be making ample use of hopefully official indie channels and self-publishing if not as soon as I can get familiar with the hardware! I'm not promising I'll move any mountains, but I will be porting everything I can there as quickly as I'm able and learning the ins and outs. Hopefully I'll be able to do my part to turn the PS4 into a resurrected Gameboy / Gameboy Color / Super Nintendo :)

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

697. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

You seem to be wanting too much or underestimating where gaming is going. Hell Microsoft's output is about to look similar as hell with the ID@Xbox program starting and microsoft investing in smaller developers.

If MS goes down the same route I'll slam that company too when the time comes. Right now though MS seems to better understand that there are still a lot of people (outside of the Sony slaves who will just blindly follow that company no matter what it does) who are dropping good money for new machines to play more than just damn indie games. If that's all I wanted, I already have a Vita and an Ouya would save me $300. Sony needs to get its sh*t together, that's the bottomline. The indie output it great, now show me why I shouldn't feel like its trying to rip us off with the price of a PS4.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

698. Posted:

Can you list all the rpgs for the ps4 im considering buying it used(i dont have money to drop 400 down the drain also it would be my first sony console)

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Swiket

699. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

If MS goes down the same route I'll slam that company too when the time comes. Right now though MS seems to better understand that there are still a lot of people (outside of the Sony slaves who will just blindly follow that company no matter what it does) who are dropping good money for new machines to play more than just damn indie games. If that's all I wanted, I already have a Vita and an Ouya would save me $300. Sony needs to get its sh*t together, that's the bottomline. The indie output it great, now show me why I shouldn't feel like its trying to rip us off with the price of a PS4.

If you feel that the $400 price feels like a rip-off then maybe you shouldn't be buying a console at launch in the first place.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

700. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

You seem to be wanting too much or underestimating where gaming is going. Hell Microsoft's output is about to look similar as hell with the ID@Xbox program starting and microsoft investing in smaller developers.

If MS goes down the same route I'll slam that company too when the time comes. Right now though MS seems to better understand that there are still a lot of people (outside of the Sony slaves who will just blindly follow that company no matter what it does) who are dropping good money for new machines to play more than just damn indie games. If that's all I wanted, I already have a Vita and an Ouya would save me $300. Sony needs to get its sh*t together, that's the bottomline. The indie output it great, now show me why I shouldn't feel like its trying to rip us off with the price of a PS4.

You do know that developing large scale games already take an immense amount of time, and that realistically it should take even longer on the PS4 and Xbox One, right? And the only reason that they both have more indie and other smaller scale projects to show off is simply because they're quicker to produce? Because that's really the case here.

That's not even getting into how important putting a greater focus on smaller scale projects is, how the escalation in AAA gaming has been destroying the industry, and other things I could go on and on about for pretty much all day but won't because I'm too tired to rant...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~