Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,761 to 6,780 of 16,083

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Biomutant%20Press%20Release wrote:

three systematically generated worlds

Lol, I almost forgot that. Yeah, no way for $60. You'd have to pay me to endure another giant game world with no thought put into it and no creative intent behind the environments.

...aaand you just killed any excitement I had for this game.

Octane

Dezzy

They aren't english speakers though are they? Systematically generated might be a rough translation.

It might a translation from "careful" or "detail-oriented" or something like that. Probably doesn't mean procedural generation.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

@Dezzy They have a publisher and marketing team that wrote their press release in the first place. Moreover, they announced the game at Gamescom — probably the most multilingual gaming convention in the world. They would have to know a good deal more than just English.

'Systematically generated' sounds like just the next buzz word for random generation and the absence of level design. Why would they be talking about 'generating' the world at all if it wasn't something players were going to have to see in the retail release?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

@Haru17

It certainly doesn't sound good. But at the same time, it doesn't actually mean anything in any technical sense.
I'm also not completely convinced that procedural generation can't be done well. It just hasn't so far.

Grumblevolcano

So, about that portable PS4 idea brought up a few times here and other threads. If it does happen, do you think Switch will suffer?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Vita TV 2, Sony has no handheld devs left for exclusives.

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So, about that portable PS4 idea brought up a few times here and other threads. If it does happen, do you think Switch will suffer?

I don't think so. No real evidence for that, I just don't see it taking off as well. Maybe because I imagine PS4 player would rather have something like the Pro than something they can take with them if it means lower graphical settings/restricted battery life.

It'd be really cool to see either way, though

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

Sony cant split their teams as effectively. Its been proven time and time again.

And this is Sony. Itll either be wide open to piracy or use propriety storage again. Sure they could put more horsepower (With probably less battery) but how would it compete with a console that also goes to your TV? Would they give it TV out like PSVIta TV? But then theyd need to make the interface bearable across both, as the Vita interface isn't good on a TV.

And then they'll have to improve compatability to all games.

Then the question comes to what games? Vita is still getting games. Switch is getting games the other systems are getting and many, many titles from PC. Would this have a market? Probably.

But history shows Sony will do something to screw it up. You want to talk about people having no faith in Nintendo making another home console? I REALLY have no faith in Sony not screwing up another handheld. But miracles can happen.

But this is also Sony. If it isn't the main console, it doesn't get the same push. And because of that it wont sell as well. And with Sony, they are all too happy to drop things effective immediately.

EyeToy, PS Camera, Move, Wonderbook, PSPGO, Vita, PSTV, PSMobile, the list goes on.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

Only way it'll even have a chance of doing well is if it's a hybrid system like the Switch. Still, even though I'd happily trade in my vanilla PS4 for a hybrid model, I don't think most of its Western player base would be interested in it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah In Japan I'd imagine a hybrid PS4 + Monster Hunter World would be huge especially as it's not coming to Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano But remember, Capcoms reasoning for not sticking with 3DS or Switch in the first place with that game, is because they don't want to compromise.

So if that happened, hey, some Capcom BS for us.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano A MH World + PS4 hybrid combo would be a savage one-two punch against Nintendo. With that said, I almost kind of want them to do it. PS4 games anywhere!

@BLP_Software A PS4 hybrid would be significantly more powerful than the Switch. If it's doable, they probably wouldn't have to compromise much in terms of what the game is capable of. Especially if an "undocked" PS4 was still at least as powerful as an Xbone.

The real concerns would be battery life and price.

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

So, uh... an open world action game with anthros?
Pass!

Oh, and Just Cause 2 was one of the least interesting games I've ever played. Was really disappointed with it.

Adds to Ignore list

You could at least tell me which statement was the actual offender.

Both parts. The first for coming off as somewhat bigotted (or at least shallow-minded), the second for disliking Just Cause 2.

...I was also half-kidding. I did add someone to my ignore list at least. Really glad we got this feature now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

So, uh... an open world action game with anthros?
Pass!

Oh, and Just Cause 2 was one of the least interesting games I've ever played. Was really disappointed with it.

Adds to Ignore list

You could at least tell me which statement was the actual offender.

Both parts. The first for coming off as somewhat bigotted (or at least shallow-minded), the second for disliking Just Cause 2.

...I was also half-kidding. I did add someone to my ignore list at least. Really glad we got this feature now.

I just don't like anthros. Nothing against anybody who does, though. Think of it less as "I'm judging you!" and more as "I don't like this flavor of ice cream."

I'm also glad we have the ignore feature.Added a few trolls the day the feature was added, will never take them off of ignore, and hopefully will never have to add anyone else to the list. In general, this site has a pretty awesome community, so I'm not worried.

Compare this to GameFAQs. Even after purging inactive and banned accounts from my ignore list on there, I still have 111 accounts on my list. And I don't ignore people for any old reason, either.

Edited on by Ralizah

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Why would Sony bother when they just didn't really try with the Vita?

Ryu_Niiyama

@Grumblevolcano I doubt a sony hybrid will be the switch killer. PsP and Vita didn't topple Nintendo from the handheld throne and now that you can have home console games from Nintendo on the go? Not much else Sony can do to steal that thunder. They don't do a good job of backing their portables, and the the hardware needed to have a ps4 on the go and have decent battery life just isn't there yet.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

@CanisWolfred I know what Overwatch is, but what’s this ‘Paladins’ game you speak of?

I can’t say I have heard of that before...

Oh, and I personally wouldn’t bother buying/trying Battleborn. It is legitimately terrible!

Peek-a-boo

BAN

WTF? Why is there a PS4 thread on Nintendo Life? There's a whole other site for that.

BAN

Haru17

@BAN Because there was a Wii U.

Octane

@BAN Since we have an "other gaming" subforum.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic