Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 fan thread.

Posts 6,761 to 6,780 of 1

Peek-a-boo

This Undertale game I am playing is something pretty special.

I literally laughed out loud at some of Sans (terrible) jokes, and the whole feel of the game is just simply delightful. I was admittedly confused in regards to how to ‘win’ a battle/fight without attacking the enemy to begin with, but I soon got the hang of things. I guess you could say that I was a bit of a BONE-head, hey?

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo It's incredibly charming. Glad console peasants are getting the chance to experience it as well.

@Dezzy There were issues years back when a reviewer scored Twilight Princess an 8.8 as well. Hysteria, harassment, death threats... the works. It's certainly not behavior exclusive to Zelda fans, but it was embarrassing nonetheless.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

CanisWolfred

Oh yeah, Biomutant, I saw that yesterday. Yeah, I need to see more, but maybe it'll be something exciting...fingers crossed...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

Anyone else got Uncharted early?
Mine came today.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Grumblevolcano

Sony may have been hacked again. Their twitter for sure has.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

I'm really curious why Nordic's dev would make an open world game as their first project. Surely it would be safer and quicker to make a level-based game, are devs really that terrified that anything that isn't open world won't sell?

Ironically Bethesda, the publisher who inspired this whole bubble in the first place, puts out more linear and traditional style games than Ubisoft, Activision, and EA combined.

Edited on by Haru17

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

CanisWolfred

Eh, Open-World is popular right now. So long as its good, it can leave a good first impression. However...Mass Effect: Andromeda was the first open-world game for its studio, and we saw how much of a mess that led to, so you're right that it's a risk. I guess we'll just have to wait 'n' see. They sure didn't give us much to speculate on yet...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Haru17

Not to mention Just Cause 3, Mafia 3, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, or Homefront: The Revolution. Open world games have a tendency to be really empty, technically challenged, or just really monotonous and finished with filler.

Haru17

Real VR controllers or a special edition bundle.

Operative2-0

I swear if it's some sort of ps4 pro plus in an attempt to match Microsoft I'm gonna be really annoyed

Operative2-0

Haru17

"Introducing the all new PS4 Prophase."

YummyHappyPills

PS4 Pro Definitive Edition.

They wouldnt announce the PS5 NOW would they? Theyd just kill the PS4 early brcause theyve been outdone in specs?

Or...god forbid they want to kill the Switch and are actually doing it...

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Haru17

The Switch would crush a Vita 2 if Sony actually wanted to do it (and they don't) because they've shut down all of their portable studios or switched them over to PS4. Even if it happened it'd just be another Vita TV, any big announcement would have been rushed 2 months ago to string up their underwhelming E3 show.

Grumblevolcano

Given how desperate Sony is to control everything, a console to match XB1X (better specs) or Switch (hybrid) doesn't seem that unrealistic. A hybrid with Monster Hunter World would probably move Japan away from the Switch for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

At Gamescom when they don't even have a press conference? Xbox had one just to announce a pre-order, and that's how the Pro was announced.

YummyHappyPills

@Grumblevolcano Given Sony has gone on record saying they straight up dont want anyone taking any market share (Seriously at what point will people look at this monopoly for what it is?) they probably want to kill the Switch in Japan and whatever the logic is Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest seem to be jumping ship or MIA but Coming. You cant ignore over 1 million sales in 5 months when your own box only just hit 5 million.

So I do expect it will be something by Sony to make the Switch objectively inferior. Thats how they work. Simply make a better product and sell it for a loss. And they want no one taking anything from them at this point.

And frankly thats a sucky thing, because we dont want arrogant Sony again, yet here they are tightening their steel grip on the industry since 2013 so no one else can move.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Ralizah

@BLP_Software

Unless it's a home console that can be played anywhere, PS5 isn't going to kill the Switch.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic