Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,741 to 6,760 of 16,084

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy The mess regarding Nintendo platforms is a big factor (cancellation of Wii U version despite being the most wanted version, no Switch release date).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

3D platformers definitely seem to be coming back in a big away,

Still hoping we eventually get a Switch version of that Hat in Time game if it turns out well.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

How's that influence the quality of the game?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

A Hat in Time looked a lot better four years ago when it was in alpha. The game still looks the same, and it's been a long wait. Any excitement I had kinda dwindled down. It was a good looking game for a 2013 indie game, but now it feels like ''just another'' Kickstarted 3D indie platformer. I dunno, maybe I'll try it out when it comes out.

Octane

TuVictus

I feel similarly. Back then yooka laylee wasn't a thing, so a platformers reminiscent of Banjo complete with some music from Kirkhope was a big deal. But after YK and things like Mario Odyssey becoming more popular, I see it as just another indie game. I hope it's quality pulls it through, however. I just think they announced that game ages too early.

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

It was a good looking game for a 2013 indie game, but now it feels like ''just another'' Kickstarted 3D indie platformer.

I dunno, the Wind Waker-ness of it still puts it above most 3D kickstarted games for me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TuVictus

Destiny 2 tomorrow! I'm actually very excited. It's the reason I got a ps4. I put hundreds of hours into the first one. I'm just annoyed that I accidentally ordered more than 1.

Anyways, with hurricane Irma headed straight for me in Miami, I'm hoping I can play for a couple of days before the power goes out

TuVictus

JaxonH

I honestly can't stand any PS platformers- even their best is totally mediocre imo. Especially LBP.

But forget all that, I have found my new hyped game! I have been keeping an eye on Biomutant, but after watching this, I honestly think I'm more excited for this game than any other non-Switch game coming... Holy cow this game looks incredible! People are saying it's similar to Just Cause... well I've never been interested in that series, but this looks amazing.

Tell me this doesn't look like one of the best games coming to PS4/X1... tell me I'm imagining things.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

Balloon movement at 0:37 looks janky - 6/10

Octane

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

@Grumblevolcano

How's that influence the quality of the game?

It influences the scores and fan's willingness to forgive faults.

Anyways, I still gotta try the Knack II demo if I ever tear myself away from FPS games. Seriously, now I'm addicted to Overwatch AND Paladins...and now I found myself looking at Battleborn again...it's only $7...

EDIT: Okay, I'm also interspersing some fighting games in between. I think I've just been really in the mood for fast-paced gameplay or something.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KirbyTheVampire

@JaxonH Not sure about that one. Just Cause 2 (didn't play the first one, so I can't comment) was pretty good, but you can only be entertained by blowing stuff up for so long. And I know the story was never the focus for that game, but the story that was there was completely forgettable nonsense. Plus, the gameplay in Biomutant looks almost like an MMO or something, which is a big turn off for me.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

@KirbyTheVampire

I'll have to see more of the combat, but assuming it's on point, this looks like it could be one of the best games in the lineup

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

It's a western PC shooter dev making melee combat.

Don't assume it will be good.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Ralizah

So, uh... an open world action game with anthros?
Pass!

Oh, and Just Cause 2 was one of the least interesting games I've ever played. Was really disappointed with it.

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

Pass!

Oh, and Just Cause 2 was one of the least interesting games I've ever played. Was really disappointed with it.

Adds to Ignore list

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Pass!

Adds to Ignore list

You could at least tell me which statement was the actual offender.

TuVictus

Destiny 2 seems to be at capacity. I was worried about this happening. I hope it's not a whole debacle. The internet is eager to sink its teeth into this game I'm sure

TuVictus

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

Tell me this doesn't look like one of the best games coming to PS4/X1... tell me I'm imagining things.

You can tell almost nothing about how good this sort of game is by just looking at it.

You can make Two Worlds or Risen look equivalent to The Witcher 3 with just trailers (ignoring the graphical differences)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

The problem with Biomutant is the gameplay. I saw the demo from Gamescom and it was a weird ''choose left or right path'' as in a literal option you picked, followed by ''defeat this enemy'', and repeat. I don't how how that fits in the world, and I haven't seen any of that in the other trailers, so I'm just going to wait and see.

Octane

Haru17

Biomutant Press Release wrote:

three systematically generated worlds

Lol, I almost forgot that. Yeah, no way for $60. You'd have to pay me to endure another giant game world with no thought put into it and no creative intent behind the environments.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic