Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 fan thread.

Posts 6,721 to 6,740 of 6,762

Dezzy

Read an interview with Naughty Dog in a paper yesterday. The guy said that a certain portion of fans didn't want them to use Chloe because she's bad for trying to move in on Elena's territory. Lol.
Talk about the dullest way to decide what characters to use. Only use the most morally virtuous fictional people.

Something they also made clear was that there will be no significant changes in the gameplay mechanics. Chloe does all of the same stuff Nate did in Uncharted 4. So they don't like replace the rope with a paraglider or anything like that. Fine with me. The gameplay was pretty near perfect in Unchared 4 imo.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Ralizah

Octane wrote:

Not really familiar with either SMT or FFVI, so we shall see...!

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

CanisWolfred

I wouldn't really compare Undertale to either of those games Ralizah mentioned...the Earthbound comparison was spot-on, just with different combat gameplay and a moral choice twist.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

I find it shocking that a human being is able to still play Undertale blind. Do you just avoid the entirety of the internet? I played it close to after its PC release and I clearly saw that I would've been spoiled by most things if I had waited 2-3 months. That was nearly 2 years ago.

Bioshock is nearly 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred The creator has been pretty open about how much influence the demon negotiation system in SMT had on this game, and it seems pretty clear that the idea of choosing different routes based on your values as a character (and, by extension, as the player, which Undertale goes to pains to emphasize in the genocide route) was heavily inspired by SMT as well. Earthbound is, of course, the most obvious and immediately clear influence. As to FFVI, as I said, there is pretty blatant parody of a famous scene from that game in Undertale.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Peek-a-boo

All this talk of Undertale in the past couple of pages made me go ahead and pre-order the game mere moments ago. Was pleasantly surprised to receive a pretty good dynamic theme as a pre-order bonus too.

This months copy of Edge dropped through my letterbox this morning. The cover/featured game is Destiny 2, which has a rather in-depth eight page preview inside, along with a four page spread for Monster Hunter: World. There is also one review in particular that’s a bit of an eye opener!

Reviewed:
Splatoon 2 - 8
Pyre - 9 (such a great, great game)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 4
Tacoma - 7
Aven Colony - 7
The End is Nigh - 7
Hey! Pikmin - 5
Tiny Trax - 6

The Making of: Titanfall 2
Studio Profile: Mode7
Time Extend: Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon

Not a bad issue in all.

p.s. The chap who played and reviewed Hellblade didn’t enjoy the story because he could not relate to its difficult subject matter, which is based upon personal grief. Wrong person to review the game, perhaps?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo The world would be quite boring if we only got people who loved the game publish a review on it, wouldn't it?

Anything interesting on MHW in those four pages?

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane That’s true. If someone has experienced personal grief, however, then the story that Hellblade has to tell is (more) likely to affect you, which didn’t affect the reviewer since he could not relate to the subject matter.

If anything, it has made me more curious and eager to play the game!

As for Monster Hunter: World, if you follow the very same thread in the ‘other games’ folder, then I very much doubt there is anything new. One thing they are stressing is that it is Monster Hunter 5 in all but its name. They also mention that they’re happy to have a lot more power at their disposal to be able to create a Monster Hunter experience without the (portable) hardware restrictions of prior games.

Onto other news.

Although Sony will be setting up an entire hall of playable games booths at Gamescom in Cologne towards the end of this month, they won’t be presenting a conference like they did two years ago. Instead, after Tokyo Game Show in September, they shall attend and return to Paris Games Week:

Untitled

That’s four big shows in one year; E3, Tokyo Game Show, Paris Games Week and the PlayStation Experience.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I wonder what they're bringing to PGW. Their Japanese developed games will be at TGS, and PSX is not too long after their conference in Paris. I expect a few new trailer for some early 2018 stuff like SOTC, and maybe one or two surprises here and there. But I think the big stuff is going to be at PSX for sure.

Sucker Punch is working on something...

Octane

Dezzy

Peek-a-boo wrote:

p.s. The chap who played and reviewed Hellblade didn’t enjoy the story because he could not relate to its difficult subject matter, which is based upon personal grief. Wrong person to review the game, perhaps?

Isn't that what your imagination is supposed to be for?

Octane

So... Okami HD. Looking forward to it!

Octane

BLP_Software

@Octane Ready to use that touchpad?

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Discord: https://discord.gg/s8PjCh

I can't decide
Whether you should live or die
Oh, you'll probably go to heaven
Please don't hang your head and cry

BLP_Software

@Octane Stupidly slim.

Givwn its also on Xbox One itll probably just be an up port of the PS3 game so use the sticks for painting.

Perdonally Id prefer some gyro action. Or a touchscreen. Or even a mouse. But no. We need to see how Monster Hunter does in Japan first

But hey. Okami HD HD. Okami HDer?

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Discord: https://discord.gg/s8PjCh

I can't decide
Whether you should live or die
Oh, you'll probably go to heaven
Please don't hang your head and cry

NEStalgia

@Peek-a-boo "They also mention that they’re happy to have a lot more power at their disposal to be able to create a Monster Hunter experience without the (portable) hardware restrictions of prior games."

What else were they going to say? "We got a bucket of cash and were told the big money Westerners love counting pixels, so this is what we made, nevermind that 70% of our player base will only play handheld games, we want that Western cash because we can't actually fund our games. USFII broke the bank for us!"

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

we want that Western cash because we can't actually fund our games.

Seems very unlikely the PS4 game will make as much profit as their 3DS games have. Mostly just due to the lower Japanese install base. If it was gonna majorly take off in the west, it would've happened by now probably.

Peek-a-boo

Just finished a second play through of Until Dawn, thanks to being a part of PS+ last month.

Bearing in mind that I have already played it once almost two years ago (it came out at the end of August in 2015), I was surprised at how much I had forgotten over time and I was also equally surprised at just how completely different a second play through truly is.

I tried my best to save everybody, and I did! Only just though... after nearly falling for a horror trope whereby I was curious to investigate a noise that sounded like Jessica in the distance. Always stick together as a group, as the ‘Stranger’ says.

The choices you make in Until Dawn actually matter; I was surprised on my second play through with the numerous stuff I had never previously seen. Usually for interactive games like this, all you get is some very slight changes in dialogue or a different scene with the same-ish outcome, and that's about it.

Given that the game is two years old, the visuals are still some of the best on the PlayStation 4. Those conversations with the psychiatrist (played by the excellent Peter Stormare) are borderline uncanny valley, from his expressions, the lip-syncing and the way Dr. Hill’s skin stretches as he speaks.

I do thoroughly hope Supermassive Games goes back and do another Until Dawn style game. There’s nothing quite like it and it would be a shame if it ends up being the first and last attempt of this sort of experience.

On a side note, has there ever been a redemption of a character as big as Mike? Absolutely loathed him at the start. I even picked him as my least favourite male character in the early psychiatrist session however, by the end of the game, he ended up being one of the best characters!

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

More salty Monster Hunter (but really Nintendo) fans in this thread. What a displeasure.

Anyway, what's the point of Okami HD remaster if half of that game is 2D assets and billboarding? I mean if you're going to replace that stuff with full 3D-rendered trees that the PS2 couldn't pull off, great, but rereleases usually never go that far. Okami HD on the PS3 was an ugly version of that game where the 2D foliage was constantly popping in very close to your character. The game looked good on Wii, but with simplistic art styles like this you have to be perfect, and 'perfect' is a lot different in HD than in SD. For one, the Amaterasu model has to be redone. I don't want anymore jagged cel shaded 'brushstrokes,' smooth them out. A lot of the characters could use more definition in their faces so they were smooth, albeit mouthless. I guess it's good for Xbox players who've never gotten the game? I don't know...

I like Zelda but probably not that one.

CanisWolfred

@Haru17 Weird, it still looks beautiful to me. Maybe because the art style is good enough that there isn't a single scene that I wouldn't want to mount on a wall...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Haru17

@CanisWolfred The PS2 / Wii version does anyway, but if they're going to rerelease Okami again it needs better modeling.

I like Zelda but probably not that one.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic