Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,701 to 6,720 of 16,083

Dezzy

Over half the way through Lost Legacy now.

Really not feeling this game so far I'm afraid. It feels like just a worse version of Uncharted 4. The characters are worse (although Chloe would be better if she had a more interesting partner), the story is worse, and the world design is worse.

The open world section especially felt completely contrived. Completely different approach from the Madagascar and the boat exploration parts in Uncharted 4, which I thought were brilliant.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Sony has a press conference at Tokyo Game Show on 19th September (8am UK time).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Untitled

I thoroughly hope that this years PlayStation Press Conference at the Tokyo Game Show shares a lot more in common with what revealed/shown back in 2015, as opposed to the rather forgettable event last September.

New: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, Danganronpa V3, Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, I Am Setsuna, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force, Nioh, One Piece: Burning Blood, The King of Fighters XIV, Toukiden 2, Umbrella Corps and both Yakuza: Kiwami and Yakuza 6.

Updates / Release Dates: Dragon Quest Builders, Everybody's Golf, SaGa: Scarlet Grace, Star Ocean 5 and World of Final Fantasy.

Other: PS4 HDD bay cover colour variations, Project Morpheus official name (PlayStation VR) and the very first price drop for the PlayStation 4.

I remember being amazed watching that event (in 2015). It was the best TGS conference, ever.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

New games from Japan Studio is what I'm hoping for. We only know about SOTC so far, and that's mostly done by Bluepoint anyway.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Id love to see Sony have their studios branch out to ideas they havent touched before, or in a long time, like Nintendo is doing. As we see the results can be amazing.

And I guess MS could have some first party games at all.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

I'm not sure what I want, all I know is that they usually deliver over the course of the year so I'm not worried

TuVictus

Octane

The only thing Sony doesn't really do is 2D platformers. But even then they still have LBP. I believe the PS3 also got a 2D platformer late in its lifespan, but I can't remember what it was called.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Speaking of Japan Studio, Everybody’s Golf is out today, and is receiving universally positive reviews, with longtime fans of the series saying it is the best one yet! After seeing the slightly worrying Wii Sports Resort inspired trailer at Tokyo Game Show two years ago, I am glad it landed on the green!

I’m thoroughly looking forward to playing my copy when I arrive home later today.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@CanisWolfred That's the one I was thinking of!

@Peek-a-boo Good to hear! It was cheaper too, wasn't it? I'm liking all these €40 games we're getting. My wallet is grateful

I still have to start Uncharted when I get home next week!

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I believe I have bought all of those £30/€30/$40 games so far.

I got Gravity Rush Remastered and Ratchet & Clank last year, WipEout Omega Collection, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy so far this year, and Everybody’s Golf as of today.

More of these great games at a great price please!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Only got Gravity Rush (although I believe it was only €30, as opposed to €40) and Lost Legacy, but it's good to see variety for a cheaper price nonetheless. I still plan on getting Ratchet & Clank at some point though.

Octane

TooBarFoo

So Fifa on switch or PS4 pro. Beauty vs portability ? could not give a toss about the journey. I'm going for the portability this time round

TooBarFoo

Haru17

Octane wrote:

New games from Japan Studio is what I'm hoping for.

Yes please, I'm excited to see what Team Gravity is working on. Of course it's probably much too early for that, so I hope they don't announce it unless it'll be ready for next year (so probably best not).

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 Definitely curious. Whatever the Gravity Rush team is working on won't be ready to show this year. Ueda won't have anything ready this year. Cerny's team is finishing up Knack 2, but I'm sure there's something. I believe there were some rumours about a From Software collaboration.

Don't forget they're attending Paris Games Week too, and PSX a few weeks later. I hope their upcoming pressers will reveal more than E3. Monster Hunter and SOTC were great, but one wasn't their own game and the other is a remake.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Oh, did I misprice those games? I thought they €30, or are they €40? If so, I guess I got them mixed up...

Yep, Tokyo Game Show in September, Paris Games Week in October and the PlayStation Experience in December.

I wish both Nintendo and Microsoft had as many live events as Sony does throughout the year.

p.s. Chloe felt like doing a spot of yoga this morning.

Untitled

I am currently going through The Lost Legacy (again) on easy mode, with all the golden guns unlocked, infinite ammo cheat enabled whilst attempting to find and pick up all of the remaining hidden treasure along the way. I have never replayed any of the Uncharted games quite as soon as I have done with this. Fun, fun, fun!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Most are €40/$40/£30, but I distinctly remember Gravity Rush Remastered being cheaper than that. And yes, the price in mainland Europe is often the same as in the US (but tax is included over here), they only adjust the price for the UK, but IIRC it also includes tax.

Octane

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Yoga!

Why did you suddenly go all Mists of Pandaria on us? Lol, there's something about that gif that just doesn't seem quite right...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

Yet another decent month for PS+, especially for PlayStation 4, with SIX games!

As always, the PS4 line-up is joined by four additional titles – two apiece for both PS3 and PS Vita – which leaves the final line-up looking like this:

• inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
  • Child of Light (PS4)
  • RIGS: Mechanised Combat League (PS4 bonus title – PS VR required)
  • That’s You (PS4 bonus title)
  • Truck Racer (PS3)
  • Handball 2016 (PS3)
  • We Are Doomed (PS Vita & PS4)
  • Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4 & PS Vita)

Here’s the EU PlayStation blog going into more detail about this months line up: - https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/08/30/your-playstation-p...

@Haru17 You thinking of buying ‘Life Is Strange: Before the Storm’ tomorrow?

There doesn’t seem like much interest in the prequel, unfortunately...

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Holy crud, inFAMOUS, Child of Light, AND Hatoful Boyfriend in the same month?

I mean, I own those last two games on other platforms, but that's still a really decent selection.

EDIT: Turns out NA's selection is different. According to PushSquare...

"Update: As it turns out, those of you in North America are getting a vastly different selection of monthly games. You're still nabbing inFAMOUS: Second Son and RIGS, but that's where the similarities end.
On PS4, you lot are getting Strike Vector EX. On PS3, Monster Jam Battlegrounds and Hustle Kings. On Vita, Hue and Sky Force Anniversary. Those last two are also playable on PS4."

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic