Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 16,083

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

Indies, indies, indies. Can we see some blockbuster retail productions please?! I'm really started to get worried about what I dropped $400 for.

Announced at today's PS4 event

-Dynasty Warrior's 7 from Tecmo Koei
-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Wonder Flick from Level-5
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Lilly Bergamo from grasshopper
-

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

citizenerased

oh man, all the indie support's looking great! I've got a huge backlog but I'm looking forward to picking up my $200 second-hand PS4 in 2-3 years.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Gamer83

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Indies, indies, indies. Can we see some blockbuster retail productions please?! I'm really started to get worried about what I dropped $400 for.

-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-

Yeah... That list is dreadful only game there with a slight chance of being decent is Deep Down, Sony needs to get its act together because PS4 year one is a compete joke right now.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

CanisWolfred

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-

Yeah... That list is dreadful only game there with a slight chance of being decent is Dep Down, Sony needs to get its act together because PS4 year one is a compete joke right now.

All of them should at the very least be decent, if not really good or even great, all of them (except maybe Deep Down) would appeal to a Japanese audience (you do know that press conference was for Japan, right?), and lastly, don't you dare knock on Guilty Gear.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

banacheck

The unannounced titles you will not hear about untill next year, it's near the end of the year now, with the PS3 still releasing AAA games.

banacheck

irken004

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-

Yeah... That list is dreadful only game there with a slight chance of being decent is Dep Down, Sony needs to get its act together because PS4 year one is a compete joke right now.

A system that isn't even released yet and you want them to show off every single title they have in development? Sony's smart for trickling out their releases until they're ready to.

Gamer83

irken004 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

-Yakuza Ishin from Sega
-Deep Down from Capcom
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-

A system that isn't even released yet and you want them to show off every single title they have in development? Sony's smart for trickling out their releases until they're ready to.

Not every release, but a hell of a lot more than they've shown so far.

Gamer83

CanisWolfred

Last I checked, there are two Final Fantasy games, an inFamous game, a Killzone, and at least 4 or 5 new ips, along with a bucket loaf of indie games, all within the First year for the US...what more do you want?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

I'm getting a PS4 when Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV and Witcher 3 comes out. So far, it seems like Kingdom Hearts 3 and even Final Fantasy XV won't come out until 2014 or later. Witcher 3 should be coming sometime in 2014 unless it gets delayed. Am I the only guy who thinks its kinda sad and weird that the PS4 (which is made from a Japanese company named Sony) is coming to Japan AFTER America??? I mean, think about that. Japan isn't getting the PS4 until Feburary 22nd... Take America's launch of the PS4 and put it in Japan. Is Sony worried it wouldn't sell well in Japan (its freaking hometown country) at the same time Americans got the PS4??? And you know what else is funny? It'ss strange considering Japan were the first to get the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and PSVita... but not the PS4? I'm really curious to see how Japan reacts to the PS4 because they will ultimately determine how many JRPGs come to the PS4.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

@Gamer83

Dude come on so far we have from sony themselves

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Killzone: Shadowfall
-Infamous: Second Son
-Shadow of the beast
-The Order: 1886
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers
-MLB: The Show (not confrimed but we know its coming)

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters
-Dynasty Warrior's 8 extreme Legends
-Phantom Breaker Overdrive

We still my get some stuff coming out of TGS proper as well. The One annoucment I reallt thought was going to come but never did was Soul Sacrifice Vita or Demon Souls 2.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

Sony_70 wrote:

@Gamer83

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Shadow of the beast
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters

We still my get some stuff coming out of TGS proper as well. The One annoucment I reallt thought was going to come but never did was Soul Sacrifice Vita or Demon Souls 2.

Interesting list but its a shame that Persona 5 isn't on there. Then again... There is that huge rumor that a Persona game has been in development for 3DS for the past 3 years (Wikipedia boasts this.not exactly reliable but they are right on gaming stuff sometimes). But I do realize that Atlus' Persona series usually sticks with Sony brand products just like Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssesy are usually only on Nintendo platforms. HOWEVER... In JAPAN, where this really only matters... Where would Persona 5 go to? PS4 or 3DS? If I was Atlus, I would make a 3DS version because Persona 5 on 3DS would sell like crazy. MONSTROUS sales. I would also put Persona 5 on PS4 so Sony fans can enjoy it as they should. The 3DS is a huge market in Japan and I think Atlus would make alotta money by putting Persona 5 on 3DS. Man, I wish I could read some articles about how Japan gamers feel about the PS4 and how they are freaking getting the console later than America. I keep bringing up Japan because I want the PS4 to become a haven for JRPGS and the PS4 shoulda had like 2-3 different JRPGs for launch day (if you ask me). Sony's diehard fanbase is composed of JRPG lovers!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Gamer83

Sony_70 wrote:

@Gamer83

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Shadow of the beast
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters

Yup,lots of games, most not worth a damn. Killzone, inFamous and,if it's on PS4, MLB The Show, will be awesome, everything else, we'll see. Most of the indie stuff is on Vita as well and I own a Vita so I'm all set if some of those games turn out great. I didn't drop $400 on PS4 to get saddled with an indie machine though.

Gamer83

citizenerased

Why don't you cancel your pre-order? If it has tons of games announced that people are excited about, and you're not, it's clearly not a machine for you (yet).

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

@Gamer83

-Knack
-DriveClub
-Shadow of the beast
-ResoGun
-Hohokum
-Doki Doki Universe
-Rime
-Helldivers

Yesterday we saw

-Yakuza Ishin
-Earth Defense Force
-Guilty Gear Xrd
-Deep Down
-Lilly Bergamo
-Natural Doctrine
-Dynas
-Dream Club Host Girls
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Idol Masters

Yup,lots of games, most not worth a damn. Killzone, inFamous and,if it's on PS4, MLB The Show, will be awesome, everything else, we'll see. Most of the indie stuff is on Vita as well and I own a Vita so I'm all set if some of those games turn out great. I didn't drop $400 on PS4 to get saddled with an indie machine though.

You seem to be wanting too much or underestimating where gaming is going. Hell Microsoft's output is about to look similar as hell with the ID@Xbox program starting and microsoft investing in smaller developers.

WAT!

Dreamsleep

Blastoise-san wrote:

I'm getting a PS4 when Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV and Witcher 3 comes out. So far, it seems like Kingdom Hearts 3 and even Final Fantasy XV won't come out until 2014 or later. Witcher 3 should be coming sometime in 2014 unless it gets delayed. Am I the only guy who thinks its kinda sad and weird that the PS4 (which is made from a Japanese company named Sony) is coming to Japan AFTER America??? I mean, think about that. Japan isn't getting the PS4 until Feburary 22nd... Take America's launch of the PS4 and put it in Japan. Is Sony worried it wouldn't sell well in Japan (its freaking hometown country) at the same time Americans got the PS4??? And you know what else is funny? It'ss strange considering Japan were the first to get the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and PSVita... but not the PS4? I'm really curious to see how Japan reacts to the PS4 because they will ultimately determine how many JRPGs come to the PS4.

Japan has moved to a more handheld-centric audience. It's not the same as it was in the PS1, or PS2 days. And, from November, 2013, to February 2014, is only 4 months. It's not really that long, and if the Japanese games needed that time, what were they to do? It's smart, really. Sony doesn't have to worry about Microsoft at all in Japan. And, to take advantage of the Xbone's stumbling out of the gate, they are hitting hard in NA, and EU.

Sony is doing everything right, as people in Japan are going to buy Sony's system anyway, once FFXV, KH3, Persona 5, etc., come out.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

SwerdMurd

I'll be getting Killzone at launch, and The Order and Second Son as soon as humanly possible. I really wanna play knack... And FF XV is gonna be dangling in front of my nose for years just like XIII did after PS3 launch. I'm quite looking forward to the social side of things as well - can't wait to see how the sharing stuff works in person, as I think it could add a pretty awesome unified dimension that's now filled by some combo between GameFAQs, youtube, twitch, facebook.

I will be making ample use of hopefully official indie channels and self-publishing if not as soon as I can get familiar with the hardware! I'm not promising I'll move any mountains, but I will be porting everything I can there as quickly as I'm able and learning the ins and outs. Hopefully I'll be able to do my part to turn the PS4 into a resurrected Gameboy / Gameboy Color / Super Nintendo

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Gamer83

Sony_70 wrote:

You seem to be wanting too much or underestimating where gaming is going. Hell Microsoft's output is about to look similar as hell with the ID@Xbox program starting and microsoft investing in smaller developers.

If MS goes down the same route I'll slam that company too when the time comes. Right now though MS seems to better understand that there are still a lot of people (outside of the Sony slaves who will just blindly follow that company no matter what it does) who are dropping good money for new machines to play more than just damn indie games. If that's all I wanted, I already have a Vita and an Ouya would save me $300. Sony needs to get its sh*t together, that's the bottomline. The indie output it great, now show me why I shouldn't feel like its trying to rip us off with the price of a PS4.

Gamer83

Sleepingmudkip

Can you list all the rpgs for the ps4 im considering buying it used(i dont have money to drop 400 down the drain also it would be my first sony console)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

If MS goes down the same route I'll slam that company too when the time comes. Right now though MS seems to better understand that there are still a lot of people (outside of the Sony slaves who will just blindly follow that company no matter what it does) who are dropping good money for new machines to play more than just damn indie games. If that's all I wanted, I already have a Vita and an Ouya would save me $300. Sony needs to get its sh*t together, that's the bottomline. The indie output it great, now show me why I shouldn't feel like its trying to rip us off with the price of a PS4.

You do know that developing large scale games already take an immense amount of time, and that realistically it should take even longer on the PS4 and Xbox One, right? And the only reason that they both have more indie and other smaller scale projects to show off is simply because they're quicker to produce? Because that's really the case here.

That's not even getting into how important putting a greater focus on smaller scale projects is, how the escalation in AAA gaming has been destroying the industry, and other things I could go on and on about for pretty much all day but won't because I'm too tired to rant...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

AAA gaming costs a lot both for consumers and developers, but there's millions of people who want to play the next Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield, Halo, Gears, GTA, Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider, Uncharted etc... If these games go by the wayside, gaming will not be better off for it. Now, price a console at something in the $100-$200 range and I really don't care what games are made for it as long as they're good. For an expensive, high powered machine, I want something that makes use of the hardware and MS seems to get this right now because there actually a balance I'm satisfied with when I look at that console. Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and Halo all within year one is more than enough on the retail side. There's also some cool looking downloadable games, not as many as Sony has but what is offered in the way of bigger experiences more than makes up for it. If I were still interested in Nintendo's first party games like I used to be I'd also say the Wii U has a much better balance than PS4 and for its price is probably the best deal on the market.

What's funny is, I see a lot of people complain that Vita doesn't have any big, system-selling retail games but then those same people turn around and praise Sony for charging up the rearend for a PS4 and all they have are f'ing indie games on that machine as well. So basically, smaller indie games, which are ideal for portable gaming, on a portable system is bad, but indie games on a high-powered HD home console is good. That to me is just ridiculous.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic