Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,501 to 6,520 of 16,083

Ryu_Niiyama

^They can't keep the hardware that they have in stock now. Doing a switch launch just would have made things worse.

Saw that Sony confirmed the western release of DQ. So here is hoping Nintendo has the switch version pushed out as a world wide release same day...otherwise yeah missed opportunity.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Speaking of Dragon Quest XI, it came out yesterday. Here’s the queues in Osaka and Fukuoka for said game. The PlayStation 4 version, surprisingly so, is selling out the quickest in a land where handhelds rule the roost.

Untitled

Isn't day one delivery a thing in Japan? I'd never stand in line that long for just a game. I don't even have the time, unless it's during the weekend.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Dezzy We dont know if this is Nintendo's choice.

Given Square has listed "adult reasons" there is clearly some kind of contract in effect that stops Nintendo and Square bringing it up...but not Sony.

In fact Im noticing this and I cant tell if Im paranoid but...any multiplatform game that could come to Switch doesnt, and if it is allegedly like DQ11 it is MIA. But Sony gets free reign.

I think there are some marketing deals going on. The only exception seems to be Sonic. The rest simply dont mention the Nintendo version if it does exist, or dont have it at all.

Either Nintendo has incredibly strict control on what is said and when to maintain hype, or someone else is embargoing things. Given how Sony has been able to shut Microsoft up via the same methods, I wouldnt be surprised.

They have the most money, and they want to keep Japan to themselves for as long as possible. Even in the UK they dropped the PS4 price specifically to counter the Switch launch. Makes you wonder if they are worried about their market share (which would be a shock) or if they really are just that controlling over the industry now.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane Where is the fun in waiting on the delivery person? Get out, brave the elements with your fellow gamers! (Not sure if I would stand in a line that long for a game...done it for a concert though...guess who)

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ralizah

Lines are for suckers unless you're getting something in-store exclusive. I'd much rather get 20% off the price of the game and comfortably wait for it in my home.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

Octane wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama A Justin Bieber concert?

Oh you got jokes....I see how it is.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Peek-a-boo

@Pigeon I queue up for tickets to see a band, the famously polite queue for tickets to Wimbledon, to get an autograph from a favourite authors new book as well as music festivals like Glastonbury!

It is all part of the camaraderie, and I personally think it’s a great tradition, irrespective of whether it is cheaper or being able to sit on your bottom in front of your letterbox and wait for the game to drop through.

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Peek-a-boo wrote:

...or being able to sit on your bottom in front of your letterbox and wait for the game to drop through.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure no one's actually waiting for the mailman, they just...have better things to do than to wait in line for hours just get a game. I mean, if anything, I can't even fathom how the lattar could be seen as "comraderie" when everyone else is technically your rival, leaving you one step further away from your goal as you all prepare to be packed like sardines in a crowded shop, hoping to get what I'd imagine are a finite resource, i.e. packaged video games, limited edition consoles, a turn at a kiosk, etc.

Of course, this is coming from the point of view of a (perfectly content) outsider.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

So PS4 is getting a full 3D remake of Senran Kagura Burst and another new game in the series titled Senran Kagura 7even. Presumably this means the series is abandoning Nintendo consoles entirely, aside from some small spin-off titles.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah Youre paranoid, is what Sammy tells me whenever i bring this now frequent trend up.

If it was on 3DS and third party its walking away. Lets just admit that now.

Dezzy

BLP_Software wrote:

@Dezzy We dont know if this is Nintendo's choice.

Probably not. But they knew they were releasing a new console a long way back. They knew a new Dragon Quest was being made. Because a new Dragon Quest is always being made.
One of the first things they should've done would be to get those core franchises set for the Switch. Core in Japan at least.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

@Dezzy They brought it up alongside DQX at the Switch reveal. Thats it.

Octane

@Dezzy Isn't that the case with so many games though? Capcom apparently had a big influence in the design of the Switch hardware, you'd think that as a result they would launch the system with RE7 or something like that. It is as if every developer only got the memo last month. And even if it took some of Nintendo's money to convince them to bring some games over – either through aid in development of said game, or straight up covering the expenses of porting the game – you would think they would do so. Ninty has plenty of Wii money stored in the bank, money isn't an issue.

Octane

Octane

Good news! Hob finally got a release date: September 26. I've been waiting on this game for a while. Looks like Hyper Light Drifter meets a random Wiiware game. I hope it's going to be good.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane
RE7 is never gonna be a Nintendo system seller though. The series is fairly mediocre in its impact nowadays.
Monster Hunter in Japan might. Which is probably why they're doing that ported XX game so they could get one on the console asap.

Also, the fact that Nintendo have money in the bank doesn't really mean much. Their shareholders and managers are gonna be thinking purely in terms of current performance aren't they.

Edited on by Dezzy

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I reminder seeing that at E3 last year, and was rather intrigued by what was shown. It looks a little bit different to the first showing of this game last June though; it felt more fantasy-based similar to The Lord of the Rings before, whereas it now comes across as being set in a more naturally organic world.

The best way to play Hob is with a packet of these:

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Dezzy They're still working on QOL. I'm sure the investors understand the concept of investing in long term pay off.

@Peek-a-boo Still looks the same to me though! The original trailer had a mix of natural overworld and industrial dungeons too I believe.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Of course they do, but that's largely independent from good business moves vs bad business moves.
Having a Switch version of DQ11 come out a year after the PS4 version is just a dumb business move. For everyone involved except Sony.

Haruki_NLI

@Dezzy Given how theyve been trying to secure other things, I can probably guess Sony outbid them. With their install base itd be stupid to ignore.

In fact that has been a defining trait of this generation and almost exclusively the PS4. Get this game/DLC//whatever 30 days/undetermined time early on PS4.

And whats sad is...looking at sales numbers it works. No one wants to wait.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic