Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,461 to 6,480 of 16,083

Peek-a-boo

Talk about there being too many games to choose from in August...

Here’s a list of all the console exclusives (a handful of games are available on PC too) on the PlayStation 4:

1st of August
Patapon Remastered

4th of August
White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

8th of August
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
LawBreakers

15th of August
Matterfall
Nidhogg 2
Night Trap - 25th Anniversary Edition
Summon Night 6: Lost Boarders
Undertale

17th of August
Raiden V: Directors Cut (placeholder date)
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

22nd of August
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

25th of August
One Piece: Unlimited World Red

29th of August
Absolver
Everybody’s Golf
Last Day of June
Obduction (PS VR compatible)
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
Warriors All-Stars
Windjammers
Yakuza Kiwami

And that’s not including the multi-format games such as the following:

Agents of Mayhem
ARK: Survival Evolved
Batman: The Telltale Series Season 2 - The Enemy Within
Cities: Skylines
The Escapists 2
Formula 1 2017
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm
Madden NFL 18
Masquerada: Songs and Shadows
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition
Resident Evil: Revelations (no Switch version is a bit of a head scratcher...)
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Sine Mora EX
Sonic Mania
Sudden Strike 4
Thimbleweed Park

What on earth happened to those good old days of enduring a long summer drought?

For me, I will be buying Everybody’s Golf, Last Day of June, Life Is Strange: Before the Storm, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and Windjammers. I don’t think I have ever bought five new games in one month, let alone more than one game in August. Thank goodness I have summer off from teaching!

I shall happily wait for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Sonic Mania and Undertale to go on sale before I buy - and play - them later on.

What game(s) has got everybody’s eye on here? There’s only 40 games listed above to choose from (!)

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Only Uncharted for me. It's a good month, but I'd rather get something like Nioh instead. My backlog is too big...

Octane

-Green-

None of those interest me beyond Ark.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Time to add Hellblade, Undertail, Nidhogg 2, and Uncharted to the backlog...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CanisWolfred

Summon Night 6: Lost Boarders I got pre-ordered, but for the Vita.

Sonic Mania I'll likely get somewhere down the line, hopefully this year.

Raiden V, Uncharted: LL, Matterfall, Warriors: All-Stars, Yakuza Kiwami, Naruto, and maybe the new Mega Man Collection will all be going somewhere on my wishlist, but aren't really priorities for me right now.

I'm also keeping my eyes on those ports (particularly the console editions of PC games) to see if there's any reason to get them over the PC versions.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

I just pre-ordered Uncharted for €32, can't go wrong for that price.

Octane

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano People will pay it too. It's free money for Sony at this point. Crazyness.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@GrailUK Every company can pull this off as long as people believe there's a reason why they're paying for online.

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Oh don't get me wrong, it wasn't my intention to single out Sony. Microsoft are the real sods for setting a precedent. Actually...maybe it's Blizzard with World of Warcraft subs. Hmm...or mobile phone companies charging line rental...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Megaman Legacy Collection 2 because its not on Switch.

And Sonic Mania because it is and thats a better value proposition to me.

The rest I could give two hoots about.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@GrailUK I definitely wasn't trying to defend Sony either. But the problem is so widespread now that none of them have any incentive to reverse the process.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Thank goodness I took advantage of their recent ‘Days of Play’ sale whereby a years worth of PS+ was £26.50 for ten days over a week long during E3 in early June. According to my PSN account, I am subscribed until the 1st of July 2019, thanks to buying those PS+ membership cards a lot cheaper than usual!

Still annoying when this happens; a 25% price hike certainly isn’t going to met with any enthusiasm.

With the likes of Call of Duty: WWII, Destiny 2, Gran Turismo Sport and Star Wars Battlefront II on the horizon, I cannot help but see this as a purposefully timed announcement before those four big online games arrive from September onwards.

99% of folks will still pay for it though, and Sony will go on to post a record high profit in their next quarterly report. It is becoming a little bit too predictable nowadays...

@BLP_Software If value propostion is what you’re after, Sonic Mania is actually £1.50 cheaper on PC!

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo But I cant take my PC named "My Ship Sailed In the Morning" anywhere. So that extra £1.50 pays for the portable aspect.

See, on PC its cheaper at highest performance. On Switch is the same as other consoles but portable.

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Wasn't PSN more profitable than Nintendo as a whole last year? It's a pretty lucrative business...

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Sony pretty much has to double down on PSN and PS4 as a whole even now, since...well Emoji Movies and consumer electronics arent the hottest part of their business.

I still think they should drop movies actually. It cant be making them that much money. And all the talent on that end goes into movie styled games.

Shellcore

Like I stated on the Pushsquare poll, this is just in line with inflation in other areas. Netflix has also gone up, just like the value of houses and wages (supposedly). You pay or you don't. An extra 80p a month wont be the decider.

Haruki_NLI

@Shellcore you dont pay a yearly plan in monthly installments. So yeah its 80p per month.

But it goes out all at once.

To many thats £10 they need for something else in their budget. If it WAS monthly installments then maybe itd be easier to swallow but no. One sum all in one go. Thats where the price hits you if it goes up.

Ralizah

PS4 is getting almost everything this gen. This really is bringing back memories of the PS2.

Nothing else for me this year, though. I'll look into maybe getting Ni no Kuni II next year when it releases. I always wanted to play the original, after all.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

@BLP_Software Value propostion usually means the cheapest, which is why I mentioned the savings you could make by buying the PC version. Enjoy playing Sonic Mania on a bus, I guess!

As for Sony and their consumer electronics department, they made a profit on all of them this year, even their mobile phone division that has painted a bleak picture in the past. Regardless of The Emoji Movie, their movie studio(s) will be profitable, all thanks to Spider-Man: Homecoming as well as the surprise profitably of Baby Driver too.

More profit for all those movie-style games that Sony like to make, such as LocoRoco/Parappa the Rapper/Patapon remasters, Gravity Rush 2, Everybody’s Golf, Knack 2 and Gran Turismo Sport, hooray!

@Octane Yep. The revenue gained from just PS+ (both new members and renewals alike) made more profit than the entirety of what Nintendo racked in in a whole year. The arrival of the Switch will lessen that, however, although not by a significant amount.

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic